God is love

I don't presume to be an expert, just opinionated. In fact I don't even know where the bull ring is.

The Bull Ring - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The bull ring is here for those who want a one on one or two on two debate.

The Bible is less taught today. Some would say the Bible isn't taught today but Biblical principles are. Perhaps if the Bible isn't taught today, you only have opinions from those who haven't read the fine print? If so, a Church that has a beginner course on Christianity might be in order instead of telling people who have read it over and over for years that they're wrong? Or you can make your case in the bull ring...

I accept though I have no clue what to do. Are there lions involved?

Do you need a Bible or do I have to provide that too?

The Bull Ring - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The bull ring is here for those who want a one on one or two on two debate.

The Bible is less taught today. Some would say the Bible isn't taught today but Biblical principles are. Perhaps if the Bible isn't taught today, you only have opinions from those who haven't read the fine print? If so, a Church that has a beginner course on Christianity might be in order instead of telling people who have read it over and over for years that they're wrong? Or you can make your case in the bull ring...

Google is not allowed?

I found a work of man that changed and, dare I say it, evolved over time. Things were added and things were taken away. That goes for both the OT and the NT.

interesting.....can you give me an example of something that was taken away, just for the sake of discussion?.....

A simple one, God gave the Israelites rules about what was fit to eat and what was not, the Jewish Kosher rules. They are no longer required by God.

that isn't something taken away from the text...its still there or you wouldn't be able to read it......its the beginning and the end of the same story......

Google is not allowed?

Are you a sock or a troll? You aren't using your real name so you don't care if you are wrong. You come in here telling us we are wrong so we are your entertainment and you don't care if you are wrong which means you don't have natural affections for people.

Check your mental health.

Google is not allowed?

You're obviously a troll, you know next to nothing and then you are going to hope you have understanding based on the conceptions or misconceptions of others to tell me that I'm wrong because you have no shame to be wrong.

Not sure I follow this leap of logic from Google to troll?

You don't know what I know so you make assumptions of what will happen. You know what happens when you assume.

As to relying on others, that is ironic coming from you. You intend to defend the Bible, a book you've never read. You've read various translations of copies of copies, but not originals. You may have little or no understanding of how the Bible actually came to be because you never questioned what others told you.

Am I close?

Google is not allowed?

Are you a sock or a troll? You aren't using your real name so you don't care if you are wrong. You come in here telling us we are wrong so we are your entertainment and you don't care if you are wrong which means you don't have natural affections for people.

Is Chuckt your real name?

Do I care if I'm wrong. Very much so, that is why I'm here, a search for truth. If I'm wrong I want to know. The entertainment is just a bonus.

Do I care if I change peoples minds or win a bull ring debate. No, but my conceit is that I can make people think or view something in a new way. If either of those scare you, leave now.

Google is not allowed?

Do I care if I'm wrong. Very much so, that is why I'm here, a search for truth. If I'm wrong I want to know. The entertainment is just a bonus.

Do I care if I change peoples minds or win a bull ring debate. No, but my conceit is that I can make people think or view something in a new way. If either of those scare you, leave now.

That's the same way I felt several years ago. I found out different things about how Scripture was changed, and words misinterpreted from one language to the next.

May I recommend a Seventh Day Adventist Church. Most areas have them. They have a lot of information on the basics, and a lot more on the specifics. I don't agree with everything they believe, but that is the basis for all of us. If we were all the same, it would be a boring life.

Plus, we are all on our own journey through this world. Some of us can't believe without seeing the Scars(my name is Thomas, go figure), others would believe the sky is falling at the word of a chicken(Henny Penny).

That's the same way I felt several years ago. I found out different things about how Scripture was changed, and words misinterpreted from one language to the next.

May I recommend a Seventh Day Adventist Church. Most areas have them. They have a lot of information on the basics, and a lot more on the specifics. I don't agree with everything they believe, but that is the basis for all of us. If we were all the same, it would be a boring life.

Plus, we are all on our own journey through this world. Some of us can't believe without seeing the Scars(my name is Thomas, go figure), others would believe the sky is falling at the word of a chicken(Henny Penny).

Thanks for the tip but I'll likely pass as it would entail getting off my butt. Really I just want to find my own answers. I've read up on Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and some others.

You must think a Seventh Day Adventist Church has something to offer others don't, exactly what?

Ever wonder why if 'God is love' his earthly representatives are also the biggest pricks? Every religion's clergy are the most intolerant, our way or the highway, join us or die/go to hell, obey us and don't ask questions or die/go to hell, etc. Where's the love part? It's like how the US constantly beats its chest saying how free we are despite all kinds of evidence to the contrary.

God loves us enough to chastise us and point us in the right direction. His definition and execution of "love" is much different that yours or mine. God loved Job enough to "try" him in a fire of adversity.

A good Christian leader will let his flock know under no uncertain terms that there are TWO paths. A pathway that leads to God's Kingdom and another pathway (a broader path) that leads to death and destruction. Many would consider such a church leader to be a "prick" for warning his flock but he's simply doing his job.

Google is not allowed?

You're obviously a troll, you know next to nothing and then you are going to hope you have understanding based on the conceptions or misconceptions of others to tell me that I'm wrong because you have no shame to be wrong.

Not sure I follow this leap of logic from Google to troll?

You don't know what I know so you make assumptions of what will happen. You know what happens when you assume.

As to relying on others, that is ironic coming from you. You intend to defend the Bible, a book you've never read. You've read various translations of copies of copies, but not originals. You may have little or no understanding of how the Bible actually came to be because you never questioned what others told you.

Am I close?

Gentleness and respect is what you are missing so that makes you a troll.

We like you but we're not Seventh Day and I welcome you to stay around.

Ever wonder why if 'God is love' his earthly representatives are also the biggest pricks? Every religion's clergy are the most intolerant, our way or the highway, join us or die/go to hell, obey us and don't ask questions or die/go to hell, etc. Where's the love part? It's like how the US constantly beats its chest saying how free we are despite all kinds of evidence to the contrary.

Since God is love, He is also against all kinds of things that hurt people so if you were "love" then shouldn't you be against the same things that hurt people or separate you from God?

Of course Christians are against these same things....the problem is, we're human, we're not LIKE God. He doesn't expect us to not make mistakes. You have to admit, some people are just not very lovable! :)

Loving people doesn't mean you have to hug them and be their best friend, it just means you wouldn't do anything to hurt them, and many that claim to be Christian do just that.

Forum List

Back