God is love

Revelation 1:…17When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, 18and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.

Jesus has conquered Hell and death, who is to say what he preached while in death's embrace.

Those that never got the opportunity to know Jesus or hear of Him, those are the lucky ones. They never got to make a decision. They got in for free. Just as a little child, for God does not hold ignorance against anyone.

So on the day you heard of Jesus, your freewill kicked into play, make your decision, and be saved or be damned, it's that simple.

So if I am a good person who has never heard of Jesus I might get into heaven but if I am a good person who has heard of but doesn't follow Jesus I'm bound for hell?

That seems to conflict with:

John 3:17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

alang, instead of assuming or presuming what God says or means, why not just read His book? It has the answer to your questions.

God is a loving Father. Why would He condemn someone who has no access to the truth in Christ?
Here is the answer to your question:

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness...
100% just, 100% merciful. 100% a Father that loves His children.

I have read the Bible and, in fact not just read but studied it. I obviously found something very different in it than you did. I found a work of man that changed and, dare I say it, evolved over time. Things were added and things were taken away. That goes for both the OT and the NT. In fact it is still evolving to this day. Mormons being the most recent major offshoot of Christianity. If you asked a Muslim, he too would claim to be a follower of Jesus, just a corrected version.

God may love his children and ultimately be 100% just and merciful to them, but there is no evidence of that, not in this life.

You are the one claiming that power by insisting that everyone that calls themselves a Christian has to fit into my belief system.. Nice try to attempt to blame me for your idiotic bigotry though, it might have worked if you were talking to someone who is an intellectual midget, like yourself. Unfortunately, for you, I am a smart ass, and don't fall into traps laid by idiots.

I like your phrase like you have the authority to include or exclude groups from your Christianity. I don't know what a Christian is so I certainly don't claim any power over it. If you're not an intellectual midget like me please define Christianity and show me how to determine who is a Christian.

Here is your answer:
John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
:eusa_angel:

Does this refer to all men or just Christians? I believe it is only referring to fellow Christians, if that is true where do Mormons fit in? Are they Christians? They are certainly among the most loving group I know of.

I like your phrase like you have the authority to include or exclude groups from your Christianity. I don't know what a Christian is so I certainly don't claim any power over it. If you're not an intellectual midget like me please define Christianity and show me how to determine who is a Christian.

Here is your answer:
John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Does this refer to all men or just Christians? I believe it is only referring to fellow Christians, if that is true where do Mormons fit in? Are they Christians? They are certainly among the most loving group I know of.

If you yell "fire" in their country club, I'm sure you will have a foot on your back as they trample their way out.

Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

There are some guys I contract for and they treat me horribly because while I'm being friendly to them, they see it as something else. They are judging with unrighteous judgment and my feelings are getting hurt so I put on Christ and I'm just doing my job. While I forgive them, if they have to ask God on judgment day to let them in, I'm going to have some complaints against their "goodness" on judgment day because Christian values transcend their values.

Last edited:
Here is your answer:

If you yell "fire" in their country club, I'm sure you will have a foot on your back as they trample their way out.

Romans 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

There are some guys I contract for and they treat me horribly because while I'm being friendly to them, they see it as something else. They are judging with unrighteous judgment and my feelings are getting hurt so I put on Christ and I'm just doing my job. While I forgive them, if they have to ask God on judgment day to let them in, I'm going to have some complaints against their "goodness" on judgment day because Christian values transcend their values.

Will they trample any differently from anyone else, Christian or non-Christian?

Doesn't sound like you truly forgive. Tough being human.

Will they trample any differently from anyone else, Christian or non-Christian?

Doesn't sound like you truly forgive. Tough being human.

I wouldn't trample.

We will be doing some judging:

1 Corinthians 6:3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Easy to say and easy to say the opposite about others. I thought you're supposed to love your neighbor?

You misinterpret that passage and presume to judge for God.

If you want to argue, join me in the bull ring and we will find out who knows their Bible.

I don't presume to be an expert, just opinionated. In fact I don't even know where the bull ring is.

Easy to say and easy to say the opposite about others. I thought you're supposed to love your neighbor?

We do love our neighbor but we are also to judge righteous judgments.

Tell me. Are the martyrs in heaven forgiving or asking for judgment?

Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

If you want to argue, join me in the bull ring and we will find out who knows their Bible.

I don't presume to be an expert, just opinionated. In fact I don't even know where the bull ring is.

The Bull Ring - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The bull ring is here for those who want a one on one or two on two debate.

The Bible is less taught today. Some would say the Bible isn't taught today but Biblical principles are. Perhaps if the Bible isn't taught today, you only have opinions from those who haven't read the fine print? If so, a Church that has a beginner course on Christianity might be in order instead of telling people who have read it over and over for years that they're wrong? Or you can make your case in the bull ring...

So if I am a good person who has never heard of Jesus I might get into heaven but if I am a good person who has heard of but doesn't follow Jesus I'm bound for hell?

John 3:17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Can a Person Please God by Being Good?

Blue Letter Bible - Help, Tutorials, and FAQs

Why did God give us the 10 commandments if he didn't want us to be good?

Deuteronomy 4:6 Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear about all these decrees and say, “Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.” 7 What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him? 8 And what other nation is so great as to have such righteous decrees and laws as this body of laws I am setting before you today?

Can a Person Please God by Being Good?

Blue Letter Bible - Help, Tutorials, and FAQs

Why did God give us the 10 commandments if he didn't want us to be good?

He wants you to see you are sinful and need a savior.

I found a work of man that changed and, dare I say it, evolved over time. Things were added and things were taken away. That goes for both the OT and the NT.

interesting.....can you give me an example of something that was taken away, just for the sake of discussion?.....

alang, instead of assuming or presuming what God says or means, why not just read His book? It has the answer to your questions.

God is a loving Father. Why would He condemn someone who has no access to the truth in Christ?

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness...

I have read the Bible and, in fact not just read but studied it. I obviously found something very different in it than you did. I found a work of man that changed and, dare I say it, evolved over time. Things were added and things were taken away. That goes for both the OT and the NT. In fact it is still evolving to this day. Mormons being the most recent major offshoot of Christianity. If you asked a Muslim, he too would claim to be a follower of Jesus, just a corrected version.

God may love his children and ultimately be 100% just and merciful to them, but there is no evidence of that, not in this life.

In your studies you should have been able to discern God's work, from man's by the numeric code God used. And upon your evaluation of the King James compared to the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the early copies we have of the OT and NT you should have seen that very little wordage has changed and no intent was changed at all.

God is not as concerned with doctrine as we are. He thinks if we seek Him, the rest will be added to us. He loved us before religion.

Let's say, Avatar believes that A is what to do to please God, and I believe B is what to do to please God. Then both are counted as righteous, not because of A or B, but because of the hearts of the ones who want to please God.

Muslims do not follow Christ. They mention Him. Christ is the Son of God. Allah has no son.

And God did not give us 10 commandments. You have us confused with a group of Egyptian Jews wandering around Mt. Sinai, and it wasn't 10 it was 631+ and not one of those who tried their hardest to keep them all were able to succeed. They are good words to live by, but Christ's words are better.

Matthew 11:30 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

We are under the covenant of Christ. He gave us 2 commandments, love our father, love each other. If you do that, you have kept the Law.

God's love for us and the long suffering of our crimes against Him is evident. We still exist. :)

Last edited:
Extremism is the problem. When I read about Buddhists rioting against Muslims, that tears it. I don't know what the Muslims DID to piss these people off, but blowing up thousand year old shrines and shooting unarmed people, sanctioning suicide kamikaze style attacks, and hits on outspoken people, that might be a factor. American chest beating, how quaint. I don't know were to go with such a trivial thing.

Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

They appear to be asking for God to judge, they are not doing the judging.

They appear to be asking for God to judge, they are not doing the judging.

Yes they are because they are saying they are worthy of judgment and your argument is an argument from silence because they are in heaven and the ones they want judged are on earth so they are in no position to deliver the judgment.

I found a work of man that changed and, dare I say it, evolved over time. Things were added and things were taken away. That goes for both the OT and the NT.

interesting.....can you give me an example of something that was taken away, just for the sake of discussion?.....

A simple one, God gave the Israelites rules about what was fit to eat and what was not, the Jewish Kosher rules. They are no longer required by God.

In your studies you should have been able to discern God's work, from man's by the numeric code God used. And upon your evaluation of the King James compared to the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the early copies we have of the OT and NT you should have seen that very little wordage has changed and no intent was changed at all.

God is not as concerned with doctrine as we are. He thinks if we seek Him, the rest will be added to us. He loved us before religion.

Let's say, Avatar believes that A is what to do to please God, and I believe B is what to do to please God. Then both are counted as righteous, not because of A or B, but because of the hearts of the ones who want to please God.

Muslims do not follow Christ. They mention Him. Christ is the Son of God. Allah has no son.

And God did not give us 10 commandments. You have us confused with a group of Egyptian Jews wandering around Mt. Sinai, and it wasn't 10 it was 631+ and not one of those who tried their hardest to keep them all were able to succeed. They are good words to live by, but Christ's words are better.

Matthew 11:30 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
We are under the covenant of Christ. He gave us 2 commandments, love our father, love each other. If you do that, you have kept the Law.

God's love for us and the long suffering of our crimes against Him is evident. We still exist. :)

I recall a passage where Jesus says he did not come to change a single word of the law (Matthew 5:17)

The Bull Ring - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The bull ring is here for those who want a one on one or two on two debate.

The Bible is less taught today. Some would say the Bible isn't taught today but Biblical principles are. Perhaps if the Bible isn't taught today, you only have opinions from those who haven't read the fine print? If so, a Church that has a beginner course on Christianity might be in order instead of telling people who have read it over and over for years that they're wrong? Or you can make your case in the bull ring...

I accept though I have no clue what to do. Are there lions involved?

Forum List

Back