Goddess of war is brewing in the Atlantic and gaining strength

upload_2017-9-1_22-22-16.png

Hurricane Irma is a Major Hurricane Again with 115 mph Winds; Potential Leeward Islands Threat Next Week; U.S. Impact Still Unknown

upload_2017-9-1_22-22-49.png

Irma might be heading West and if it goes that way it is possible Texas is going to hit again.

Irma might be heading West and if it goes that way it is possible Texas is going to hit again.

It's only at 40° West. You have any idea how far away that is?

031640_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Fer chrissake that's over north of Surinam. Hasn't even approached the West Indies yet. Isn't even expected to hit the Lesser Antilles until middle of next week. You have any clue how many variables can change in that amount of time for a hurricane? It's an eternity.

Here's the site that came from. No bait-click melodrama, no "homosexual events", no "end times", no "we're all fucked", no "dozens of cities will be wiped out", no
hair-fire.gif
---- just data.

THAT's what separates news from senstationalist bullshit.

Fer chrissake that's over north of Surinam. Hasn't even approached the West Indies yet. Isn't even expected to hit the Lesser Antilles until middle of next week. You have any clue how many variables can change in that amount of time for a hurricane? It's an eternity.

Here's the site that came from. No bait-click melodrama, no "homosexual events", no "end times", no "we're all fucked", no "dozens of cities will be wiped out", no
hair-fire.gif
---- just data.

For Christ sakes , lmao I didn't say it was like on Florida's backdoor, nor Texas.

It was " IF IT MAKES IT INLAND" it could hit Texas again.

This thing could die out tomorrow.

hair-fire.gif
---- just data.

For Christ sakes , lmao I didn't say it was like on Florida's backdoor, nor Texas.

The WTF is up with all the hair-on-fire screeching about the end of the world? :cuckoo:

Yer busted babycakes.

hair-fire.gif
---- just data.

The WTF is up with all the hair-on-fire screeching about the end of the world? :cuckoo:

Yer busted babycakes.

The point has already been made..........It's being reported by numerous sources...Irma is a hurricane, currently in the direction (westward) of the Gulf, could be worse than Harvey, and in just about the same pathway.........IF it does follow Harvey, it spells a double punch for the same area. .........and you get hung up on trivial schtuff, trying to be right all the time. Who shives a git over the trivials? :banghead:

hair-fire.gif
---- just data.

Yer busted babycakes.

The point has already been made..........It's being reported by numerous sources...Irma is a hurricane, currently in the direction (westward) of the Gulf, could be worse than Harvey, and in just about the same pathway.........IF it does follow Harvey, it spells a double punch for the same area. .........and you get hung up on trivial schtuff, trying to be right all the time. Who shives a git over the trivials? :banghead:

You live in the Northwest and you don't get what "trivial" means here.

Irma "could" strengthen and hit Texas. Or Louisiana or Florida. Or Belize.. Or follow a straight line and come right to my house. Or skirt up the coast and hit Nova Scotia. Or it could do none of the above. At this point it's way way WAY too far out to make any kind of prediction like that. The only reason to melt down into make monsters-under-the-bed out of this at this point is to sell papers (bait clicks) to the naïve.

That's why I posted what I just did, complete with the map. To let the air out of this hot-air balloon. Fer chrissake even Guadaloupe isn't panicked yet, let alone freaking Texas.

I don't think you realize how many hurricanes/trop storms occur every year on this coast. We have an established season for it. For a hint, "Irma" begins with an I, the 9th letter of the alphabet, mening eight others have already run their course. And we're just getting into peak season. It's a regular and established part of life on this side of the Atlantic. I couldn't even count how many hurricanes I've seen, up close.

Last edited:
Meh, I say bring it Irma!

I'm ready. I'm not evacuating, never will. I rode out 4 direct hit hurricanes 10 years ago and you don't scare me.

I have food and water, a generator, guns and ammo.

Do your worst!

That'll show Irma. Shoot her right between the eye. :rock:

LMAO, omg your are such a twit.

Meh, these chowder heads know exactly what I mean. They are just being children.

I'm ready. I'm not evacuating, never will. I rode out 4 direct hit hurricanes 10 years ago and you don't scare me.

Do your worst!
Ya, by God, you just blow that hurricane full of holes. I am sure that will kill it. LOL

I'll bet you Irma chickens out. I'll bet she fears me and avoids me altogether.

Do your worst!
Ya, by God, you just blow that hurricane full of holes. I am sure that will kill it. LOL

Why don't you fire a coupla warning shots over her head right now.
You know, show her who's boss, you he-man you.

Last edited:

Do your worst!

Why don't you fire a coupla warning shots over her head right now.
You know, show here who's boss, you he-man you.

Soon, soon. Even my 30-06 won't reach that far. She's heard of me though, that's why she's wavering, wondering what to do now.

hair-fire.gif
---- just data.

Yer busted babycakes.

Irma "could" strengthen and hit Texas. Or Louisiana or Florida. Or Belize.. Or follow a straight line and come right to my house. Or skirt up the coast and hit Nova Scotia. Or it could do none of the above. At this point it's way way WAY too far out to make any kind of prediction like that. The only reason to melt down into make monsters-under-the-bed out of this at this point is to sell papers (bait clicks) to the naïve.

That's why I posted what I just did, complete with the map. To let the air out of this hot-air balloon. Fer chrissake even Guadaloupe isn't panicked yet, let alone freaking Texas.

I don't think you realize how many hurricanes/trop storms occur every year on this coast. We have an established season for it. For a hint, "Irma" begins with an I, the 9th letter of the alphabet, mening eight others have already run their course. And we're just getting into peak season. It's a regular and established part of life on this side of the Atlantic. I couldn't even count how many hurricanes I've seen, up close.

Sure, you're right. Irma could become a problem, just as much as it could peter out. Nobody knows for sure. But I'd still think that since the nation & especially the Gulf states are still concentrating on the damage from Harvey.........a little heads up for the potential problem of Irma, isn't a bad idea.

Yeah I get the news here same as you and yes I know many storms never make it to your coast......but usually those that are strengthening, heading in the direction of the states, with the potential of being a Cat 5 are usually being reported on and early enough for people to prepare.....just in case. Smaller ones are noticed but rarely become news.

Being on the West coast means we have earthquakes......that have NO warning whatsoever. We also have wildfires, that can change direction faster than a blink.....though neither of those are weather events, they do have their seasons. We also have potential for high winds and have a more than a few tornados, but nothing like the Midwest of course. Then the yearly river flooding, landslides and occasional snow &/or ice storms. Here, none of it is a big deal....but any advanced warning/heads up is always a good thing.

Unless of course you'd rather wait until the last minute......

DCUQpQ7XgAI4MGK.jpg

hair-fire.gif
---- just data.

Yer busted babycakes.

Sure, you're right. Irma could become a problem, just as much as it could peter out. Nobody knows for sure. But I'd still think that since the nation & especially the Gulf states are still concentrating on the damage from Harvey.........a little heads up for the potential problem of Irma, isn't a bad idea.

Yeah I get the news here same as you and yes I know many storms never make it to your coast......but usually those that are strengthening, heading in the direction of the states, with the potential of being a Cat 5 are usually being reported on and early enough for people to prepare.....just in case. Smaller ones are noticed but rarely become news.

Being on the West coast means we have earthquakes......that have NO warning whatsoever. We also have wildfires, that can change direction faster than a blink.....though neither of those are weather events, they do have their seasons. We also have potential for high winds and have a more than a few tornados, but nothing like the Midwest of course. Then the yearly river flooding, landslides and occasional snow &/or ice storms. Here, none of it is a big deal....but any advanced warning/heads up is always a good thing.

Unless of course you'd rather wait until the last minute......

DCUQpQ7XgAI4MGK.jpg

Not at all, but neither am I gonna let a bullshit-buyer sit here and try to tell is THIS IS the last minute. It's nowhere remotely near. Chicken Little here may as well squawk "don't go out of your house because you'll get hit by a metorite". Sure, it's possible --- it's just not anything resembling realistic. Certainly doesn't warrant the hair-on-fire infusion the OP tried to give it. Apparently she's in dire need of attention.

Hell this thing won't even be impacting Haiti until the middle of next week, let alone "Texas". Lotta things have to go just exactly right over the next week or two for that to happen.

I'm a Katrinite; I know how unpredictable these things are, that's why I opened up a can of Whoopass Brand reality on this thread. The basic story here is "Irma exists". That's it. And it would be unusual this time of year if she did not.

Actually if we extrapolate her projected course on its same path ---- and that's a very Yuge "if" -- nobody can project that far but if we do ---- that path puts here straight to my house. I have no basis to believe that's the path it will actually take though. WAY too far ahead to know that.

Last edited:
Well, Irma did not follow the worst possible course, but is not going to be far from that. Between the surge and the amount of populated areas impacted will almost certainly exceed Harvey in damage. Storm number 1 and 2 back to back. Going to be a year to remember.

Forum List

Back