"God's plan" is the random shit that happens in this crazy world...

goD the omnipotent? Oh wait, you already said he wasn't omnipotent, so maybe goD the fairly competent? The goD of the Bible? New or old testament? Or maybe a different goD, like Zeus? Don't be ashamed of your beliefs, tell us.
I note shame is on your mind, and no wonder. You know you should feel shame for how you are behaving here. One of the things I do not do is hold God up to be mocked. He is to be treated with respect. When you can approach such a discussion with detachment, perhaps we can converse. I married an atheist. My grandfather and uncle, also atheists, as are my husband's family. Their non-belief is never used as an excuse for mockery or disrespect. Thus far, you are coming across as someone with a wish to bully or to batter one's wife, and until that changes, I pass.
Shame is on my mind? Why, just because I used the word "ashamed"?

I notice you still aren't answering the question, you are choosing to insult me instead.

Which gOd do you believe in?

I am not insulting you. I am putting you on notification that I will not tolerate insults to God. If you want a respectful discussion, I am willing. Otherwise, find someone else.

Hear O' Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One.

God may have many names, many attributes described in different ways, but He is One.

I am not insulting you. I am putting you on notification that I will not tolerate insults to God. If you want a respectful discussion, I am willing. Otherwise, find someone else.

God may have many names, many attributes described in different ways, but He is One.
So, Vishnu, Krishna, Jehovah, Apollo, and all the rest are the same?

Yes. They don't have to understand it though.
Right. They just do so when it's convenient. You, on the other, just point at everything and say, "god(s) did that!". The makes you a deist, not a theist.
So, do you understand then? So what is the difference between your d and th?
The same as it is for everyone. And i suspect you are actually a theist and not telling the whole truth.

No. There has only been one revealed religion. None of the others even attempt to make the claim that they are.

No. There has only been one revealed religion. None of the others even attempt to make the claim that they are.

You’re a convert to Islam?

You’re a convert to Islam?
That would be news to me.

- through a book with no original copies, corroborating witnesses or physical evidence for your specific version ... revealed in the 4th century, hardly a religion.

Don't you think the believers in the other gOds say the same thing?

ummmm....no. No other religion claims to be God seeking man.

...there is no point in trying to make sense of it.

Children die of leukemia.

Good men go bankrupt while corrupt men get rich.

Innocent girls get raped and their rapists go unpunished.

Fires and floods kill people and devastate communities.

There is no plan, at least, no plan that makes sense to us human beings.

In the Book of Job, we are told not even to question what God does, because we cannot understand it.
Which god/goddess are we on about now?

...there is no point in trying to make sense of it.

Children die of leukemia.

Good men go bankrupt while corrupt men get rich.

Innocent girls get raped and their rapists go unpunished.

Fires and floods kill people and devastate communities.

There is no plan, at least, no plan that makes sense to us human beings.

In the Book of Job, we are told not even to question what God does, because we cannot understand it.
There is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists, and consequently no ‘plan.’

And the book of Job is a myth written by men.
But, you have to admit....Job is an interesting look into the mind of ancient patriarchal men.....a bet between their god and satan (not an evil one in this story, just the head of the angels) and they get to dump on this guy over and over and over again.....for a bet.

Lol, you don't really know much do you.

Lol, you don't really know much do you.
I know there's only one revealed religion and that you believe that all religions make that claim.

Forum List

Back