'Good day, Mr. President': Iran's Rouhani and Obama speak

It is pleasing to have a President who doesn't see himself as a Cowboy. This was historic and will be go down in history as a moment of courage for both countries.

its a moment of desperation for one, and a win for the other. one gets the stature of a countries leader making a big deal over a phone call from him, and convincing the dolt on the other end of the phone hes going to change, the other gets to pretend he didn't make an ass out of himself and his country and got handed his as at the 'dysfunctional UN'....and I really bet you don't know the difference....*shrugs* sycophants will be sycophants.

After 30 years of recognizing Iran as one of the three axis of evil, it is a historic day when the Presidents of these two countries finally communicate, even if it is only symbolic at this point.

I assume the Obama haters will slam this as a sham. If I were in their pathetic position, I suppose I would also...

a conversation that just leads no where and exactly nothing, was settled or has changed, not a wit.

Rouhani is not a moderate, and even if he were he doesn't rule, hes a semi figurehead. Iran is smart, they took out the fire Ahmadinejad, he served his purpose, now its time to enter sandman, speak of moderation and and iffy platitudes, while they make their final push. And as usual, the usual suspects hang some kind of substantive patina over it, its bunk.

Their historic first conversation is real and genuine while your assessment is nothing but conjecture. Iran and America flirting must be killing you wing-nuts... :lol:

I'll tell you what's "killing the wing-nuts..."

That Obama takes the Iranians at their word. That the Obama and his sycophants believe anything will come of a phone conversation with a member of one of the most untrustworthy governments on the planet. What's killing them is Obama's willingness to negotiate with Iran but not Republicans. What's killing them is that anyone would believe the Iranians are not interested in acquiring a nuclear weapon, I don't care what they say. What's killing them is the knowledge that, after what they saw with Syria, Obama is a paper pussy cat.

Those are the things killing the wing-nuts.

As for me...

You want me to believe the Iranians have good intentions? You want me to believe Obama is a great statesman?

Let him do what no other President has done, get the Iranians to apologize for the 444 days.

They do that, and I might believe the Iranians are truly interested in change...

a conversation that just leads no where and exactly nothing, was settled or has changed, not a wit.

Rouhani is not a moderate, and even if he were he doesn't rule, hes a semi figurehead. Iran is smart, they took out the fire Ahmadinejad, he served his purpose, now its time to enter sandman, speak of moderation and and iffy platitudes, while they make their final push. And as usual, the usual suspects hang some kind of substantive patina over it, its bunk.

Their historic first conversation is real and genuine while your assessment is nothing but conjecture. Iran and America flirting must be killing you wing-nuts... :lol:

That Obama takes the Iranians at their word. That the Obama and his sycophants believe anything will come of a phone conversation with a member of one of the most untrustworthy governments on the planet. What's killing them is Obama's willingness to negotiate with Iran but not Republicans. What's killing them is that anyone would believe the Iranians are not interested in acquiring a nuclear weapon, I don't care what they say. What's killing them is the knowledge that, after what they saw with Syria, Obama is a paper pussy cat.

As for me...

You want me to believe the Iranians have good intentions? You want me to believe Obama is a great statesman?

Let him do what no other President has done, get the Iranians to apologize for the 444 days.

They do that, and I might believe the Iranians are truly interested in change...

Sure, we can get them to apologize for the 52 hostages... right after we apologize for the Shaw of Iran.

Last edited:
I think is says something that this happened.

I think it says that Iran is now sure they can do the big con on Obama...

We had the Sting with Paul Newman
We had the Sting II with Jackie Gleason

Now we can have The Sting in 3D with Obama.

Iran is doing this because it pleases them to do so.

Anyone think Israel is happy about this.

I wonder if Kerry let it slip somewhere that Obama is really fine with Iran building nukes...
As long as they are little ones.

As for me...

Sure, we can get them to apologize for the 444 hostages... right after we apologize for the Shaw of Iran.

First, you nitwit, it was hostages held for 444 DAYS, not 444 hostages.

Second... The U.S. should apologize for what? Letting him into the U.S. for medical treatment then sending him packing? I'll tell you this, we are far more likely to apologize for that than they are for essentially declaring war on the U.S.

It's a load of political bullshit. There is nothing short of WWIII that will keep the US out of Iran. Iran is the big prize. Nobody at the top gives a rat's ass about their nuclear program.

A conversation for the ages indeed. God Bless President Barack Obama and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani

Shift in policy? Phone call between Obama, Rouhani - CNN.com

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama spoke by telephone with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, the first direct conversation between leaders of the United States and Iran since 1979.

Tried explaining this breaking issue earlier....the right just can't stand it. :eusa_boohoo:

Secretary of State John Kerry succeeding on MidEast?

Breaking news:
Progress in areas of
Syria and Iran

Man, this guy should have been elected President in 2004.

"Key powers reach agreement on UN resolution on eliminating Syria’s chemical weapons"
Key powers reach agreement on UN resolution on eliminating Syria?s chemical weapons - The Washington Post

More news on this breaking tonight.

Obama and Kerry!

:thewave:

They attacked Ptesident Nixon for going to China, thet attacked President Reagan after he shelved the tough talk, and made nice with the Soviets, now they attack President Oama for reaching out to Iran:

"Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor blasted Obama for failing to press the Iranian leader on terrorism, Syria and other issues." -

...wtf is wrong with the Right Wing in America? Can't they ever learn from the past? Why do they consistently repeat the same errors where American and world security are an issue? :eusa_hand:

Last edited:
It is pleasing to have a President who doesn't see himself as a Cowboy. This was historic and will be go down in history as a moment of courage for both countries.

its a moment of desperation for one, and a win for the other. one gets the stature of a countries leader making a big deal over a phone call from him, and convincing the dolt on the other end of the phone hes going to change, the other gets to pretend he didn't make an ass out of himself and his country and got handed his as at the 'dysfunctional UN'....and I really bet you don't know the difference....*shrugs* sycophants will be sycophants.

Thr spin from the right is nauseating. :evil: goddamn it, give credit where it is due

As for me...

Sure, we can get them to apologize for the 444 hostages... right after we apologize for the Shaw of Iran.

Second... The U.S. should apologize for what? Letting him into the U.S. for medical treatment then sending him packing? I'll tell you this, we are far more likely to apologize for that than they are for essentially declaring war on the U.S.

Okay, 52 hostages, sorry, my bad, just carried the number 444 without realizing the mistake. Okay, nothing more to see here, carry one folks. Thanks.

As for me...

The Shah was supported by the US and the UK.

Iranian Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Shah was supported by the US and the UK.

Iranian Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More like a propped up puppet I hear.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0F-SrOhKc]Reagan " The Shah of Iran Was Our Best Ally " - YouTube[/ame]

As for me...

What world sre you living in? Obama is no more taking Iran at it's word than Nixon did with China or the North Vietnamese or Reagan did with the Soviets

:rofl:

Iran will play Obama like the fool that he is

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SetNFqcayeA]Neville Chamberlain returns from Germany with the Munich Agreement - YouTube[/ame]

If this turns out with an agreement on Iran's nuclear ambitions and perhaps rekindle a relationship between the US and Iran, it will eclipse the fall of the Berlin wall. Such a relationship could reduce Islamic radicalism, bring an end to the war in Syria, and open US markets to a once impenetrable part of the world.

Iran holds the keys to to the ambitions of many of our enemies and nemesis. Without their support and funding, the world will be safer. It will take a long time and we must be very careful, knowing full well that the Iranian leadership could revert to its old ways at any time, but it is a start.

Such goals aren't all the responsibiliy of the Iranians, the US will have to dispense with "it's old way", too!

Forum List

Back