🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Good guy with gun stops bad guy with gun!

This is a uniquely American story because people in other countries aren’t allowed to carry hand guns so people don’t randomly walk into public places and open fire.

Open gunfights in public spaces wouldn’t be a problem in the first place if you have proper gun control laws.

The greater problem (much worse than what you call gunfights) that come from "gun control laws" (like gun-free zones), is bloodbath massacres. Want a few examples >> Pulse Club, San Bernardino, Fort Hood, Newtown, Parkland)

And what gun control laws would stop attacks ? Banning ALL guns ? Then, the only people who would have them would be the criminals.

Ban assault weapons ? Neither the Parkland or Santa Fe shooter used one.

large

When some morons start comparing the US to the UK and Australia to make a case.....oh well.
So the people in the UK have less gun killings (because they have less guns) OK. And now what about all the non-gun killings there, that could have been prevented if citizens were armed ?

th

Most of Europe is to the political left of the Democrats in the US. They have almost no gun violence. Try again please.
In 2016, Obama said this >> "
“But we are the only advanced country on Earth that sees this kind of mass violence erupt with this kind of frequency. It doesn’t happen in other advanced countries. It’s not even close. And as I’ve said before, somehow we’ve become numb to it and we start thinking that this is normal.

This claim is simply not true. Between January 2009 and December 2015, the period that President Obama has been in office, there are 11 European countries with a higher frequency of these mass public shootings than the US, and 10 European countries with a higher rate of deaths from these attacks.

Over that same period of time, the European Union (EU) suffered 303 deaths from mass public shootings, while the US had 199. In terms of injuries from these attacks the gap was even much greater, with EU countries facing 680 versus just 197 for the US.

US becoming safer compared to Europe in both fatalities and frequency of Mass Public Shootings: US Now ranks 11th in fatalities and 12th in frequency - Crime Prevention Research Center

Yes, the US is becoming safer, >> at the same time that gun ownership and CCWs are increasing.

Wouldn't it be better to not have the "mass shooter" in the first place like they do in most of the civilized world though?
You mean like in the old Soviet Union and China where tens of millions of unarmed citizens were slaughter by the armed government?

Funny, I never said that.

I'm not responsible for your idiocy; bug someone else.
Are you saying that the old Soviet Union and China were not civilized? Surely, you are aware that their governments killed millions upon millions of their own people.

Then again, perhaps you're not. You do seem to have your head up your ass.

Wouldn't it be better to not have the "mass shooter" in the first place

You really think that's possible?
Sure it's possible...if all guns magically disappear, there will be no more shootings.
You really think that's possible?

Eliminate? No.
Reduce? Definitely.
It will take massive cooperation.
We're not there yet.
Someday we will be.
I have faith.
Have a great holiday weekend.

Fat chance!

Naivete runs rampant in small minds!

Do you really think criminals will cooperate with any plan to eliminate guns?

Contextual Myopia runs rampant in yours.
Reduce? Definitely.
Actually it would embolden shooters to know that fewer firearms will impede their goal of killing many people before the police arrive.

You are steeped in adolescent ignorance. If you continue to believe as you do, your ignorance will morph into stupidity.

As I take it you're the voice of experience when it comes into morphing into stupidity.
No. I am simply observing your behavior.

This guy shot a mother and daughter celebrating the girl's birthday, and people here are upset he got his ass killed.

Go defend MS13 or something.

nice to see tax dollars being saved in OK!

no trial or housing (jail) costs needed

hate it that people were injured though...

Man opens fire inside Oklahoma restaurant before 'armed citizen' shoots, kills him, police say

A man “opened fire” Thursday in an Oklahoma restaurant, leaving at least four people injured, before he was fatally shot by a bystander, police said.

The gunfire unfolded at about 6:30 p.m. local time at Louie's on the Lake in Oklahoma City, Fox 25 News reported.

The unidentified shooter entered the restaurant and fired his gun, Oklahoma City Police tweeted, who later added that four people had been injured.

The man, police said, "was apparently shot-to-death by an armed citizen" outside the restaurant and there was "no indication of terrorism."

Wouldn't it be better to not have the "mass shooter" in the first place like they do in most of the civilized world though?
When you stop creating them.
Huh?

Leftist policies created them. I thought I was clear.

Most of Europe is to the political left of the Democrats in the US. They have almost no gun violence. Try again please.

Liberalism of guns actually means to deregulate.

As q citizen of the world. Just another day in America....dead bodies in restaurants, enjoy your guns.

Thank you, we will, and so will you if you are ever a patron in such a restaurant and an armed citizen saves your miserable life.

I'll enjoy my guns too and I'm sure numb nuts won't complain if a gunman saves his asshole life at a restaurant if shooting starts.

Just another gun hater that someone else will have to save.
You are fuckee up if you walk around with a gun waiting to be shot at or shoot someone. What's this? Afghanistan or the wild side west ? Just unbeielevable. I lived and visited tons of countries where people dont have to fear for their lives going to a restaurant. Madness!!!

nice to see tax dollars being saved in OK!

no trial or housing (jail) costs needed

hate it that people were injured though...

Man opens fire inside Oklahoma restaurant before 'armed citizen' shoots, kills him, police say

A man “opened fire” Thursday in an Oklahoma restaurant, leaving at least four people injured, before he was fatally shot by a bystander, police said.

The gunfire unfolded at about 6:30 p.m. local time at Louie's on the Lake in Oklahoma City, Fox 25 News reported.

The unidentified shooter entered the restaurant and fired his gun, Oklahoma City Police tweeted, who later added that four people had been injured.

The man, police said, "was apparently shot-to-death by an armed citizen" outside the restaurant and there was "no indication of terrorism."
/----/ Sadly, the "armed citizen" will be charged with depriving the Lame Stream Media of a gun control talking point.

As q citizen of the world. Just another day in America....dead bodies in restaurants, enjoy your guns.

Thank you, we will, and so will you if you are ever a patron in such a restaurant and an armed citizen saves your miserable life.

I'll enjoy my guns too and I'm sure numb nuts won't complain if a gunman saves his asshole life at a restaurant if shooting starts.

You are fuckee up if you walk around with a gun waiting to be shot at or shoot someone. What's this? Afghanistan or the wild side west ? Just unbeielevable. I lived and visited tons of countries where people dont have to fear for their lives going to a restaurant. Madness!!!

Well for your sake I hope you never run into a gunman in a restaurant your in. Or just someone shooting.

If you do, hit the deck and the shooter might mistake you for a piece of furniture.

If not. Well funerals are expensive.

I’m glad the shooter is dead, but he was stopped after he is done shooting.

If armed citizens was an asset we would have the lowest homicide rates in the world. Instead we have 4-5X more killing than countries with strong gun control.
1. There is no way to tell if the shooter was "done shooting".

2. There is no reason to believe that "we would have the lowest homicide rates in the world" Homicide rates come from a multitude of things, not just the number of armed citizens.

3. Actually, the USA (with only 4/100K), DOES have one of the lowest homicide rates. Of 25 countries in the Western Hemisphere, the US has the LOWEST homicide rate.

homicide-rates-LA.png

Your chart only showed homicide rates for Central America and the Caribbean, not the first world, and it’s from 2012.

Nice try.

That is hard to say. The baddie is reported to have been fleeing the scene when he was confronted/engaged by the armed citizen. Now granted that we don’t know what would have happened later. If he had intended to shoot some others in another location. We can say that this initial attack was concluded. So claiming that dozens were saved is not really supportable by what we know at this time.

2 Shot At Louie's On Lake Hefner; Suspect Killed By Armed Citizen
The real point is not whether dozens were or were not saved in this particular case, but the capability for dozens (or hundreds) of lives to be saved generally, in these types of cases (as in the LAX and Garland, TX cases)

Also, the fact that the killer was going out the door when he was shot, doesn't mean his attack was meant to stop. He could have just been trying to look out the door momentarily, to see if the cops were coming, and had intended to go back in.

Um. I don’t think he was going back in.

F903D810-1C2A-46DD-A97E-CF1D9432990F.jpeg

And I don’t think he just poked his head out the door.

When you stop creating them.
Huh?

Leftist policies created them. I thought I was clear.

Liberalism of guns actually means to deregulate.

Did that retort sound as stupid in your head as it reads on our screens?

Well for your sake I hope you never run into a gunman in a restaurant your in. Or just someone shooting.

If you do, hit the deck and the shooter might mistake you for a piece of furniture.

If not. Well funerals are expensive.
so sad. While most of the world dont have to be on guard. And what strikes me the most that gun buts like you dont think that other countries live peacefully day and day out going to restaurants. Schools, work places....America is losing its mind.

Sounds personal, maybe. He shoots at a couple of people inside, then goes to the parking lot where he is then confronted and killed?

A few thing are missing in this story.

Just have to wait for more info I guess.

Forum List

Back