Zone1 Good job by this 13 yerar old.

This sort of story needs to get as much press attention as posssible. Great achievement by this young man.

"I have four diplomas from Oklahoma City Community College" ...

Generally, Community Colleges only issue Associative Arts degree in General Education ... it's a cheap place to get your Freshman and Sophomore requirements out of the way before you spend the big bucks at a four-your college ...

There are also good places for vocational schools and the certificates they issue ... an Excel Certificate doesn't impress me ... can the kid map the stress tensor solutions in the weather front differentials? ... now let's see him integrate the results to find work performed ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... no, I can't either, but I claim to be a high school drop out ...

Generally, Community Colleges only issue Associative Arts degree in General Education ... it's a cheap place to get your Freshman and Sophomore requirements out of the way before you spend the big bucks at a four-your college ...

There are also good places for vocational schools and the certificates they issue ... an Excel Certificate doesn't impress me ... can the kid map the stress tensor solutions in the weather front differentials? ... now let's see him integrate the results to find work performed ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... no, I can't either, but I claim to be a high school drop out ...
LOL....My dad had a side-gig at our local community college for several years teaching Nuisance Trapping. He also made some decent coin removing nuisance wildlife.....Of course I'd help.

I made good money trapping snapping turtles from ponds and selling them for the meat to a fancy eatery the next county over.....Funny though, now people want snapping turtles in their ponds to help keep the nasty-ass canada goose population down.

Yet .. he probably is light years ahead in reading, writing and math proficiencies than many public, high school graduates in states such as Maryland and California (to name a few).

LOL....My dad had a side-gig at our local community college for several years teaching Nuisance Trapping. He also made some decent coin removing nuisance wildlife.....Of course I'd help.

I made good money trapping snapping turtles from ponds and selling them for the meat to a fancy eatery the next county over.....Funny though, now people want snapping turtles in their ponds to help keep the nasty-ass canada goose population down.

... snagging paddlefish on the Iowa River ...

Yet .. he probably is light years ahead in reading, writing and math proficiencies than many public, high school graduates in states such as Maryland and California (to name a few).

Well ... just one diploma from a Community College is better than a high school diploma ... in fact ... you'll need a high school diploma before you can start at a Community College, or have you finish your high school education there ... before they let you take college level classes ...

There's a lot of double talk in the article ... like it was written for people who have never been to college ... they used the word "diploma" when colleges issue "degrees" ... leads me to believe the child only earned a high school diploma ... not a transferable AA degree ...

It feels good to see young people who are able to achieve things like this . There is hope for this countries future.
I read about this early Sunday but was too busy to post it at the time. I'm glad to see someone else picked it up. Thank you...

Forum List

Back