GOP Congressman Supports ‘Imperfect’ Trump Because He’s Part Of God’s Plan

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
In a debate, Rep. Glenn Thompson shared the words of his wife: “God takes the imperfect, and makes perfect for His purpose.”

Rep. Glenn Thompson (R-Pa.) said in a debate Saturday night that he was unhappy with Donald Trump’s remarks, caught on a hot mic in 2005, that he likes to force himself on women. Thompson said he found Trump’s words “rude and unacceptable.”

But Thompson will be voting for the GOP presidential nominee nonetheless. The Pennsylvania Republican, who’s running for re-election against Democrat Kerith Strano Taylor, used some words he attributed to his wife to explain why.

“Her explanation to me was that God takes the imperfect, and makes perfect for his purpose,” Thompson said at the debate at Penn State University.

The rationale here is that Trump, whom a growing number of women have accused of sexual assault, is part of God’s plan in spite of his personal failings.

More: GOP Congressman Supports ‘Imperfect’ Trump Because He’s Part Of God’s Plan

OMG, how much loonier can it get.

The gop really is insane and sounds like something you'd hear in Saudi arabia.

In a debate, Rep. Glenn Thompson shared the words of his wife: “God takes the imperfect, and makes perfect for His purpose.”

Rep. Glenn Thompson (R-Pa.) said in a debate Saturday night that he was unhappy with Donald Trump’s remarks, caught on a hot mic in 2005, that he likes to force himself on women. Thompson said he found Trump’s words “rude and unacceptable.”

But Thompson will be voting for the GOP presidential nominee nonetheless. The Pennsylvania Republican, who’s running for re-election against Democrat Kerith Strano Taylor, used some words he attributed to his wife to explain why.

“Her explanation to me was that God takes the imperfect, and makes perfect for his purpose,” Thompson said at the debate at Penn State University.

The rationale here is that Trump, whom a growing number of women have accused of sexual assault, is part of God’s plan in spite of his personal failings.

More: GOP Congressman Supports ‘Imperfect’ Trump Because He’s Part Of God’s Plan

And one of Custer's scouts was Hairy Moccasin, so what.

The RNC definitely self-destructed this year. It remains to be seen how they will fair after the election.

OTOH, I am endlessly amused by how the Democrats continue to shit their pantsuits over fear Trump could still win.

I can understand why the OP would take offense to someone expressing their faith in a God other than the sun god, or the fire god, or is it he water god??? Whatever, people that never evolved out of the stone age have a hard time grasping the concept of monotheism.

Take pity on him, he's simple. Very, very simple,

This Country is in a freaking world of hurt when the radical left turns a Biblical quote by a candidates wife into a freaking political pretzel and the idiotic low information left buys the pretzel.

There is nothing wrong with his reply.

People on both sides are rationalizing their support. They don't feel they can support anyone because they like them. At the same time, they have to justify their choices.

Me, I might vote for Trump just to piss Matthew and rdean off.

This Country is in a freaking world of hurt when the radical left turns a Biblical quote by a candidates wife into a freaking political pretzel and the idiotic low information left buys the pretzel.

Religious nuts shouldn't be allowed to vote - unless they can provide "credible" proof of their supernatural Sky Daddy! I have more "credible" proof that Santa exists - and he actually delivers.

The RNC definitely self-destructed this year. It remains to be seen how they will fair after the election.

OTOH, I am endlessly amused by how the Democrats continue to shit their pantsuits over fear Trump could still win.
That Trump and his platform can get so much support in this country - the lone world superpower - should be enough for Democrats and the entire planet to shit their "pantsuits."

Religious nuts shouldn't be allowed to vote - unless they can provide "credible" proof of their supernatural Sky Daddy! I have more "credible" proof that Santa exists - and he actually delivers.

Oh hey, that's quite a statement. You are asking for a religious test for voting ?

Oh hey, that's quite a statement. You are asking for a religious test for voting ?

YES!!!!! PROOF!!!!!

YES!!!!! PROOF!!!!!

And what if the majority decides that only those with faith in the Judeo Christian God can vote ?

Forum List

Back