GOP Lawmakers Cannot View Impeachment Docs Without Supervision of Democrats

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
freebeacon ^ | OCTOBER 23, 2019 | Adam Kredo

Democrats are denying Republican lawmakers access to a trove of documents surrounding the impeachment proceeding against President Donald Trump unless they are supervised by Democratic staffers, according to a letter sent by all 21 GOP members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

Led by Rep. Michael McCaul (R., Tex.), the lawmakers protested a requirement by Rep. Adam Schiff (Calif.), the lead Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, that a Democratic staffer be present when Republicans view the classified documents.

"Your staff claims that the only way we will have access to the transcripts is in your offices, during designated hours, under the personal supervision and monitoring of a majority staffer," the letter stated.

"It is outrageous and unjustifiable to deny us those basic documents, which are critical to our ability to meaningfully prepare for and participate in this investigation," the lawmakers wrote to Schiff. "We require the same access to the same documents in the same format, as is enjoyed by you and your staff."

The documents are being stored in a secure facility known as a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility). Under normal circumstances, all members of Congress are permitted to view classified documents at their will inside one of these rooms.

"I urge you to remedy this procedural injustice immediately, so that I am not forced to pursue public efforts to correct it, including by seeking a privileged vote on the House Floor," the lawmakers wrote.

------------

It is so great that there are 30-60 GOP members of Congress who are no longer taking orders from the worthless leadership.
I’m not sure who is more scared.

McConnell or Pelosi

At the very least documents are being shared by the Democrats; those of us who watched Sen. Grassley's despicable behavior during the Kavanaugh Confirmation understand the dishonesty and corruption within the GOP.

Any document given to a member of the GOP would likely be edited, even a copy, for red meat to their base.

At the very least documents are being shared by the Democrats; those of us who watched Sen. Grassley's despicable behavior during the Kavanaugh Confirmation understand the dishonesty and corruption within the GOP.

Any document given to a member of the GOP would likely be edited, even a copy, for red meat to their base.
Bo . the DNC sure has a bunch of slaves working for them and posting here!....ROTFLMFAO!

This circus of an impeachment hearing was a bad move, politically, on the part of Democrats.

I'm surprised they could be goaded into it so easily.

If you can’t say trump is not guilty, attack the procedure.
When the dems hide the proceedings there are no charges to be refutee
Before the house votes everything will have to come out. All this whining is just to distract from him looking really guilty.

Before the house votes everything will have to come out.
Including the identity of the Whistleblower?

(If there really is one)

Before the house votes everything will have to come out. All this whining is just to distract from him looking really guilty.
For democrats impeachment entirely depends on public approval

so they want to cherry pick quotes to leak that they hope will hurt trump

(If there really is one)
Trump released the call himself. We all know what was said and pretty damning.

For democrats impeachment entirely depends on public approval

so they want to cherry pick quotes to leak that they hope will hurt trump
It certainly does in the senate, not so much in the house. Pretty sure all will come out in the senate...

(If there really is one)

I read what he released.

(been posted here enough)

not damning at all, unless you spin it.

I will never forget how rep trey gowdy changed a document in the Benghazi investigation so the documents would read as being something it so wasn't and pointed a lying finger of guilt at Hillary.

These people have no morals and will stop at nothing to lie and cheat.

If this report is true, I can't find any reputable news outlets reporting it, then I totally understand and agree.

republicans can't be trusted. They prove it time and time again.

Since it is all falling apart, I expect Piglousi to announce there will be no vote (they botevyes and Republicans have subpoena power and can call ANYBODY, including chairmen of the false committees to testify UNDER OATH with criminal charges when proven they lied and covered up evidence....ie. Schitt talking to whistleblower first, etc.) So she will state that since we are so close to election, and to cover all the crimes. That the AMERICAN VOTER, will decide if Trump is guilty or not guilty as impeachment now would pull the Republic apart!.....bookmark it!

(If there really is one)

I read what he released.

It’s pretty clear he wanted a favor, it’s damning if your not a partisan hack. Hence all the independent support for impeachment.

This circus of an impeachment hearing was a bad move, politically, on the part of Democrats.

I'm surprised they could be goaded into it so easily.

The russian collusion thing fell apart as expected so they had to move on to another carnival. Their base demands to be fed.
I don’t think it is demanded by the base but out of fear of their own losses.

(If there really is one)

I read what he released.

It’s pretty clear he wanted a favor, it’s damning if your not a partisan hack. Hence all the independent support for impeachment.

it’s damning if your not a partisan hack.

no, it's only damning if you are a partisan hack.

(If there really is one)

Trump released the call himself. We all know what was said and pretty damning

it didnt seem damning to me

biden is not excused from corruption just because he’s running for president[/QUOTE]

Forum List

Back