GOP Lawmakers Cannot View Impeachment Docs Without Supervision of Democrats

My attitude on this would be determined by whether the rules are the same for any congressional Democrat who is not member of the committee which holds the documents? Article isn't specific on that and my inclination is that the article posted in OP is full of half-truths.

Maybe if we could be sure the documents wouldn't be altered or removed or ???
The recent republican history with secure facilities isn't good. It's only been a couple ofof da sine they carried cellphones into one, and with them being tRumpkins we need to keep a cared eye out for sharpies.
Good to see you received the latest talking points.
Huh? I'm no tRumpkin, I don't need anyone to tell me what to think like you kids do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...70aa52-dfb2-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

Before the house votes everything will have to come out. All this whining is just to distract from him looking really guilty.

Before the house votes everything will have to come out.
Including the identity of the Whistleblower?

(If there really is one)
Trump released the call himself. We all know what was said and pretty damning.

I read what he released.

(been posted here enough)

not damning at all, unless you spin it.
It’s pretty clear he wanted a favor, it’s damning if your not a partisan hack. Hence all the independent support for impeachment.
Exposing a corrupt vice president is the nations business and entirely within trumps job description
What did pence do now?

“They can make up any rules they want?!” Brian Kilmeade replied.

Speaking more slowly, Napolitano told him, “Well, they can’t change the rules, they follow the rules.” He went to explain that those rules were last written in January 2015 when Republicans held the majority and the Speaker of the House was John Boehner.
It seems they are following rules set by the republicans. Now stop whining.

Judge Napolitano Schools ‘Fox & Friends’ on Impeachment

The recent republican history with secure facilities isn't good. It's only been a couple ofof da sine they carried cellphones into one, and with them being tRumpkins we need to keep a cared eye out for sharpies.
Huh? I'm no tRumpkin, I don't need anyone to tell me what to think.
If that were the case, you;d post something other than regurgitate the talking points you received yesterday.
But, you don't.

freebeacon ^ | OCTOBER 23, 2019 | Adam Kredo

Democrats are denying Republican lawmakers access to a trove of documents surrounding the impeachment proceeding against President Donald Trump unless they are supervised by Democratic staffers, according to a letter sent by all 21 GOP members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

Led by Rep. Michael McCaul (R., Tex.), the lawmakers protested a requirement by Rep. Adam Schiff (Calif.), the lead Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, that a Democratic staffer be present when Republicans view the classified documents.

"Your staff claims that the only way we will have access to the transcripts is in your offices, during designated hours, under the personal supervision and monitoring of a majority staffer," the letter stated.

"It is outrageous and unjustifiable to deny us those basic documents, which are critical to our ability to meaningfully prepare for and participate in this investigation," the lawmakers wrote to Schiff. "We require the same access to the same documents in the same format, as is enjoyed by you and your staff."

The documents are being stored in a secure facility known as a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility). Under normal circumstances, all members of Congress are permitted to view classified documents at their will inside one of these rooms.

"I urge you to remedy this procedural injustice immediately, so that I am not forced to pursue public efforts to correct it, including by seeking a privileged vote on the House Floor," the lawmakers wrote.

------------

It is so great that there are 30-60 GOP members of Congress who are no longer taking orders from the worthless leadership.
I’m not sure who is more scared.

McConnell or Pelosi

How do we know they haven't been altered already?

After all, Schiffs version of the transcript is already in the Congressional Record.
And when Republicans get subpoena power, they can question Schiff under oath and arrest him for lying!....all is good!

If that were the case, you;d post something other than regurgitate the talking points you received yesterday.
But, you don't.
Lol, what talking points are those?

You kids are the ones receiving emails that tell you what to say.

Democrats are denying Republican lawmakers access to a trove of documents surrounding the impeachment proceeding against President Donald Trump unless they are supervised by Democratic staffers, according to a letter sent by all 21 GOP members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

Led by Rep. Michael McCaul (R., Tex.), the lawmakers protested a requirement by Rep. Adam Schiff (Calif.), the lead Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, that a Democratic staffer be present when Republicans view the classified documents.

"Your staff claims that the only way we will have access to the transcripts is in your offices, during designated hours, under the personal supervision and monitoring of a majority staffer," the letter stated.

"It is outrageous and unjustifiable to deny us those basic documents, which are critical to our ability to meaningfully prepare for and participate in this investigation," the lawmakers wrote to Schiff. "We require the same access to the same documents in the same format, as is enjoyed by you and your staff."

The documents are being stored in a secure facility known as a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility). Under normal circumstances, all members of Congress are permitted to view classified documents at their will inside one of these rooms.

"I urge you to remedy this procedural injustice immediately, so that I am not forced to pursue public efforts to correct it, including by seeking a privileged vote on the House Floor," the lawmakers wrote.

------------

It is so great that there are 30-60 GOP members of Congress who are no longer taking orders from the worthless leadership.

McConnell or Pelosi

How do we know they haven't been altered already?

After all, Schiffs version of the transcript is already in the Congressional Record.
And when Republicans get subpoena power, they can question Schiff under oath and arrest him for lying!....all is good!
Do you know why republicans have no subpoena powers right now?

If you can’t say trump is not guilty, attack the procedure.
When the dems hide the proceedings there are no charges to be refutee
Before the house votes everything will have to come out. All this whining is just to distract from him looking really guilty.

(If there really is one)

The DNI and Intel IG - Trump appointees - have testified under oath about the whistleblower. No one outside ExtremeWingnuttia questions his/her existence. The identity is protected by law, which Trump swore to see faithfully executed.

(I know - Trump swore an oath. Who would take that seriously?)

The recent republican history with secure facilities isn't good. It's only been a couple ofof da sine they carried cellphones into one, and with them being tRumpkins we need to keep a cared eye out for sharpies
But, you don't.
Lol, what talking points are those?
They are quoted, above.
I know its hard for you to keep up when you don;t have someone telling you what to say, but you should at least try

------------

McConnell or Pelosi

Does supervision have to mean frisking Republicans that would try and sneak out with evidence so that it couldn't be presented? I don't put a thing past the depth that the Rump Supporters in Congress will stoop to.

This circus of an impeachment hearing was a bad move, politically, on the part of Democrats.

I'm surprised they could be goaded into it so easily.

I'm not. Hell when Mueller's report cleared Trump these idiot Dems moaned groaned and complained.

I'm nor surprised they jumped on this nothing burger Ukraine business. Anything they think is red meat to pin something on Trump is okay with the dummies.

They sure are rolling out the red carpet for a Trump win in 2020. Just gotta love how damned stupid they are.

LOL, you have no clue to what was in the Report by Mr. Mueller - all you've done is parrot the BIG LIE.

LOL You have no clue to what was in Mueller's report. all you've done is parrot what you wanted it to say.

dumbass.

(If there really is one)

The DNI and Intel IG - Trump appointees - have testified under oath about the whistleblower. No one outside ExtremeWingnuttia questions his/her existence. The identity is protected by law, which Trump swore to see faithfully executed.

The "whistle blower" became irrelevant when Trump released the transcript. A move that caught Schiff completely off guard.

------------

McConnell or Pelosi

Does supervision have to mean frisking Republicans that would try and sneak out with evidence so that it couldn't be presented? I don't put a thing past the depth that the Rump Supporters in Congress will stoop to.
Your stupidity is beyond even your usual replys!

------------

McConnell or Pelosi

Why don't these cry babies ask the republicans sitting in on the hearings to show them the documents?

Why don't these cry babies ask the republicans sitting in on the hearings to show them the documents?

I was listening to a local radio talk show yesterday morning and it was stated that 13 of the group of Republicans that demanded to attend the committee meeting the other day were members of one of the three committees that were allowed entry and could have simply walked in but declined to take that route. I accepted it as the silly gamesmanship both parties play.

There was also something about their misunderstanding about or refusal to surrender electronic recording device prohibited in the area where things took place.

------------

McConnell or Pelosi
this is the issue.

(If there really is one)

The DNI and Intel IG - Trump appointees - have testified under oath about the whistleblower.

No one outside ExtremeWingnuttia questions his/her existence. The identity is protected by law, which Trump swore to see faithfully executed.

No one outside ExtremeWingnuttia questions his/her existence.

I assume they have someone spreading rumors

but nothing leaked so far poses any legal problem for trump

so far libs got nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
I read what he released.

(been posted here enough)

not damning at all, unless you spin it.
It’s pretty clear he wanted a favor, it’s damning if your not a partisan hack. Hence all the independent support for impeachment.
Exposing a corrupt vice president is the nations business and entirely within trumps job description
Using foreign powers for political favors? You love corruption.

There are ways to investigate without trump having direct involvement.

There are ways to investigate without trump having direct involvement.

Trump is a hands on leader

And now he’s looking really guilty of abuse of power.

only in the eyes of disappointed hillary and jeb bush supporters - aka never trumpers

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back