GOP Leadership sides with Democrat minority in the House for more debt

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
I figured these idiots would at least try to get a no insurance company bail out with the debt ceiling increase but no just luck.:(

only 28 Republicans supported it...what a joke more crony bullshit with these sellouts

I am a bit dismayed in my Party. So much shit changed in 2008, but that was prophesized any way.
By the Messiah Himself.

I am a bit dismayed in my Party. So much shit changed in 2008, but that was prophesized any way.
By the Messiah Himself.

Couldn't they have least got something? Nobody wants to bailout the insurance companies but no not even a ban on that where's the opposition to anything?

And I'll tell you when I realized it was the beginning of much travail for the GOP.

The first time I saw Palin introduced as Cheney's running mate. Didn't have a clue about her.

But when she opened that gawd-awful flapper of hers I just burst out laughing.

By the Messiah Himself.

Couldn't they have least got something? Nobody wants to bailout the insurance companies but no not even a ban on that where's the opposition to anything?

Maybe both parties are playing the same card. Lay low and lay dumb... until after elections.

Hey- have you watched House of Cards on Nutflix? It's a dandy. :thup:

Romney and Ryan would have been far better for this Nation than what's-his-fuck.

Flame me all you want. I don't give a shit.

I've never in my life felt so demoralized as an American. And to think we have 3 more years of this convoluted bullshit.

By the Messiah Himself.

Maybe both parties are playing the same card. Lay low and lay dumb... until after elections.

Ted Cruz Will Force Some Republicans to Vote Yes on Debt Ceiling
That is, if the Senate wants to pass a bill.

February 11, 2014

Sen. Ted Cruz is about to make life a little more difficult for his Republican "friends."

The Texas Republican plans to object to a simple-majority, up-or-down vote on the debt ceiling, his office confirms. The clean debt-ceiling bill will then need 60 votes to pass the Senate, meaning at least five Republicans will have to join the entire Democratic caucus for it to pass.

Much of the saga over the debt ceiling has played out in the Republican controlled-House. But the Senate may not be without its own bit of drama. An aye vote on the debt-ceiling increase isn't exactly one that Republicans, even moderate ones, are itching to cast. And now Cruz, largely looked to as the architect behind the strategy that led to the government shutdown, will be the one to force them into that position.

Ted Cruz Will Force Some Republicans to Vote Yes on Debt Ceiling - NationalJournal.com

Romney and Ryan would have been far better for this Nation than what's-his-fuck.

I've never in my life felt so demoralized as an American. And to think we have 3 more years of this convoluted bullshit.

They pretty much decided to "ride it out" just like the current republican leadership in the house. In the end, they thought they had the election won ...Don't rock the boat...We got 4 more years of Obama because of it :(

Republicans always take the blame for debt ceiling messes and shutdowns you might not like this but it does keep the Democrats from being able to use it to distract and deflect from the issue that is killing them Obamacare.

The difficulty is that neither side is addressing our spending problem.

The Republicans have finally figured out that, like an alcoholic, America has to hit rock bottom before recovery can begin. They're just stepping out of the way of progress. For now.

only 28 Republicans supported it...what a joke more crony bullshit with these sellouts

Where on Earth do you people keep getting this idea that Republicans are fiscally responsible?

Ted Cruz Will Force Some Republicans to Vote Yes on Debt Ceiling
That is, if the Senate wants to pass a bill.

February 11, 2014

Sen. Ted Cruz is about to make life a little more difficult for his Republican "friends."

The Texas Republican plans to object to a simple-majority, up-or-down vote on the debt ceiling, his office confirms. The clean debt-ceiling bill will then need 60 votes to pass the Senate, meaning at least five Republicans will have to join the entire Democratic caucus for it to pass.

Much of the saga over the debt ceiling has played out in the Republican controlled-House. But the Senate may not be without its own bit of drama. An aye vote on the debt-ceiling increase isn't exactly one that Republicans, even moderate ones, are itching to cast. And now Cruz, largely looked to as the architect behind the strategy that led to the government shutdown, will be the one to force them into that position.

Ted Cruz Will Force Some Republicans to Vote Yes on Debt Ceiling - NationalJournal.com

Cruz will piss off the Republican Leadership.

I hope Cruz pisses on the Republican Leadership.

I figured these idiots would at least try to get a no insurance company bail out with the debt ceiling increase but no just luck.:(

Your politicians are freaking insane. I flipped out when I read about this. This is the difference between putting tried and true qualified individuals in position instead of freaking academics.

Check this out. Flaherty and Harper have keep their fiscal sticks on the ice and we are about to win the game. Some new taxes, but controlling spending has been the key to their success.

Federal budget takes aim at erasing deficit by 2015

The Conservative government has set the stage to erase the federal deficit ahead of schedule with a budget that pushes off billions in defence spending, hikes taxes on cigarettes and keeps new spending low.

Finance Minister Jim Flaherty’s budget, tabled on Tuesday, forecasts a $2.9-billion deficit for the upcoming fiscal year – but that deficit only exists because Ottawa is setting aside $3-billion in case of unexpected emergencies.

On top of that reserve, the budget signals Ottawa will move quickly to unload its remaining shares in General Motors, which would pad Ottawa’s bottom line with billions more.

Federal budget takes aim at erasing deficit by 2015 - The Globe and Mail

Where on Earth do you people keep getting this idea that Republicans are fiscally responsible?

Never said they were. Conservatives are, Republicans generally not so much. but they couldn't get anything? A small minority of Republicans voted with the Democrats to pass a debt increase? when was the last time that happen?

Incorrect.

Increasing the ‘debt ceiling’ does not result in ‘more debt.’

Any increase in spending must be authorized by Congress and the president via separate measures.

But don’t let the truth and facts get in the way of your partisan demagoguery.

Incorrect.

Increasing the ‘debt ceiling’ does not result in ‘more debt.’

Any increase in spending must be authorized by Congress and the president via separate measures.

But don’t let the truth and facts get in the way of your partisan demagoguery.
=

maybe what you say is true, but in reality it's nothing more than musical chairs on the Titanic

How about getting out of the middle east and stop defending the entire world??? Cutting science, tech, education and r@d here at home is a sure thing for our downfall.

Point to me one great nation that did as you want to do.

elections are coming up and the last time they tried to stand their ground it became very clear that liberals are far better at lying than reps are at telling the truth.

libs actually think more debt is better

Forum List

Back