Got my Boudin fix today and found something new...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Went through Louisiana today and stopped at my favorite boudin counter to satisfy my need...Peto's truck stop exit 59 on I-10.

Boudin is like a pork and rice Cajun sausage...but unlike regular sausage, the contents are cooked first and then stuffed.

Here's your boudin recipe if you're interested.

In addition to great boudin sausage, today they had boudin balls, which was like a giant boudin meatball that was then battered like fried chicken and fried up crispy.

Screenshot_20240113-201604-843.png

Damn were they gooooood!

Went through Louisiana today and stopped at my favorite boudin counter to satisfy my need...Peto's truck stop exit 59 on I-10.

Boudin is like a pork and rice Cajun sausage...but unlike regular sausage, the contents are cooked first and then stuffed.

In addition to great boudin sausage, today they had boudin balls, which was like a giant boudin meatball that was then battered like fried chicken and fried up crispy.

View attachment 887581

Damn were they gooooood!

Sounds like a heart attack on a plate.

But I bet I’d love it.

View attachment 887581

Damn were they gooooood!

There's rice in Boudin?

Ya gotta live a little bit...even if it kills ya a little bit.
Stopped there often before I retired. Boudan balls are usually good, but they don't cook new until most of the old ones are sold. Under that heat lamp, they can get dry and the crust is hard as a rock on a slow day. Crawfish pies were always great though.

I like my sausage to be meat, not freakin' rice.

They should make riceless Boudin.

I'm guessing you never had real cajun boudan balls.
You guess wrong, ShitLord McAssface. What do you put on your Boudin balls?

There's only 1 good answer to that; Let's see what you got!

Stopped there often before I retired. Boudan balls are usually good, but they don't cook new until most of the old ones are sold. Under that heat lamp, they can get dry and the crust is hard as a rock on a slow day. Crawfish pies were always great though.
These were fantastic.

Going to try the crawfish pies next time on your recommendation. :thup:

You guess wrong, ShitLord McAssface. What do you put on your Boudin balls?

There's only 1 good answer to that; Let's see what you got!
Pauvre Bete
Keep your creole. My ulser told me I don't need none.

View attachment 887581

Damn were they gooooood!

Isn't it blood pudding with rice and pepper