Gov. Ned Lamont is targeting both the illegal and legal guns in Connecticut, proposes $64 million bill to toughen gun law enforcement & hire more cops

Well you knew that the dem states/localities were going to tie repression of gun rights to any monies supposedly going to their neutered PDs. They are so predictable it would be funny were it not so sad.

nobody is taking yer right to bear arms. i live in CT, have several firearms in my home & nobody has ever come a'knocking to take 'em.

nobody is taking yer right to bear arms. i live in CT, have several firearms in my home & nobody has ever come a'knocking to take 'em.
Your boy, Ned is busy today. Election coming up?

yep. but he's uber popular & has been since he was elected.
Kinda figured, though had not looked it up. Is a permit to carry, like a hard thing there for normal people? I don't live anywhere near, don't really follow and didn't even know you guys lead the country in gun control. I know you do not recognize mine.

he's running against the same dude, bob stephanowski - that lost to him in 2018.

ol' bob gave donny a grade of 'A' in his job performance as prez!

that didn't go over so well & it's still not looking good for bob, 4 years later.

Trump will hover over Stefanowski vs. Lamont 2.0

Rather it seems Donald Trump will once again be the undoing of Stefanowski, who can't likely get elected with or without the former president and his lies about the 2020 election.

I may have missed it, but I have yet to see Stefanowski renounce Trump, who is now the subject of numerous investigations that are almost certainly going to unravel in a way to horrify Connecticut Democrats and independents by the time voting starts in the fall.

It's hard to imagine Connecticut voters signing on this year for a Trumpist governor.

It was a good club for Lamont to use to whack Stefanowski with four years ago, calling his Trump-endorsed opponent "Trumpanowski" in one Tweet.

Stefanowski's long history of Trump support will play worse in Connecticut this year than it did four years ago, especially after the Jan. 6 committee of the House of Representatives completes its televised prime-time hearings on the Trump-inspired insurrection.

You might expect Stefanowski to run from Trump as fast as he can in still-blue Connecticut. But of course he can't. No one will get the Republican nomination for governor in Connecticut by insulting Trumpists and calling out the former president's election lies.

Trump will hover over Stefanowski vs. Lamont 2.0

Kinda figured, though had not looked it up. Is a permit to carry, like a hard thing there for normal people? I don't live anywhere near, don't really follow and didn't even know you guys lead the country in gun control. I know you do not recognize mine.

my husband has a permit - it wasn't hard at all. he has all the ammo he needs & has never gone thru hoops to get it.

assault weapons have been banned for a very long time & i do believe you can't own a gun if you have been involved in domestic violence. pretty common sensical regs if you ask me.

The fact that nobody has showed up to your door to confiscate your firearms doesn’t mean it will not happen in the future.

obama guns.png

my husband has a permit - it wasn't hard at all. he has all the ammo he needs & has never gone thru hoops to get it.

assault weapons have been banned for a very long time & i do believe you can't own a gun if you have been involved in domestic violence. pretty common sensical regs if you ask me.
So called "assault weapons" i.e. semi-automatic rifles haven't been banned...lol

How do you "get tough on guns"? It's a freaking cliche among democrats to dodge the real issue of escalating crime. You almost gotta laugh that the president wants to subsidize drug use while they are killing Cops. Maybe the new strategy is "keep 'em stoned".

I have no problem with no guns for domestic assault convicts. Surprised you are not a reciprocity state, since you say attaining carry permit no particularly difficult. After all, it is in the US Constitution to reciprocally recognize the actions of the various other states. Gun control aside, I take it the state is not big on the Constitution?

So called "assault weapons" i.e. semi-automatic rifles haven't been banned...lol

May 29, 2013 2013-R-0241
WEAPONS BANNED AS ASSAULT WEAPONS
By: Veronica Rose, Chief Analyst

Assault Weapon Defined

The law, as amended by PA 13-3, defines an “assault weapon” as:

1. any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic, or burst fire at the user's option;

2. any of a list of named semiautomatic firearms, pistols, or centerfire rifles or copies or duplicates with their capability in production on or before April 4, 2013 (see Appendix 1);

3. any IZHMASH Saiga 12 shotguns or copies or duplicates with their capability in production on or before April 4, 2013;

4. a semiautomatic pistol or semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds;

5. a semiautomatic centerfire rifle shorter than 30 inches;

6. a semiautomatic shotgun that can accept a detachable magazine;

7. a semiautomatic shotgun that has both (a) a folding or telescoping stock and (b) a grip, including a pistol grip, thumbhole stock, or other stock that, when used, would allow a person to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand and trigger finger being directly below any part of the action of the weapon when firing; and

8. a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

The definition of an assault weapon includes any semiautomatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine (one that can be removed without disassembling the firearm action) and has at least one of the following features:

1. a folding or telescoping stock;

2. a grip, such as a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock, or other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;

3. a forward pistol grip;

4. a flash suppressor; or

5. a grenade launcher or flare launcher.

The definition of an assault weapon also includes any semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following features:

1. the ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches at some location outside of the pistol grip;

2. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward pistol grip, or silencer;

3. a shroud attached to, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel and permits the shooter to fire the firearm without being burned, except a slide that encloses the barrel; or

4. a second hand grip.

VR:mp

Appendix 1

Table 1: List of Assault Weapons Named in Statutes:

[...]

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0241.htm

Forum List

Back