Gov. Ned Lamont is targeting both the illegal and legal guns in Connecticut, proposes $64 million bill to toughen gun law enforcement & hire more cops

I have no problem with no guns for domestic assault convicts. Surprised you are not a reciprocity state, since you say attaining carry permit no particularly difficult. After all, it is in the US Constitution to reciprocally recognize the actions of the various other states. Gun control aside, I take it the state is not big on the Constitution?

CT - part of the OG 13, is literally called the constitution state.

CT - part of the OG 13, is literally called the constitution state.
Reciprocity as mentioned in the US Constitution means the state recognize actions, registrations, certifications of other states are held valid in your state. My marriage license in Tennessee is valid in all 50 states. My driver's license, again valid in all 50 states, yet your state does not recognize the hours of certified state training, and my license to carry a fire arm. What is that all about, the constitution state unless you don't like it?

no doubt tuck'ems wants you scared. lest ye forget - - -

Tucker Carlson Successfully Argues Nobody Really Believes Tucker Carlson Is Reporting Facts

By Joseph Fawbush, Esq. on September 30, 2020 1:38 PM

When Tucker Carlson says on his show “[r]emember the facts of the story; these are undisputed" no reasonable person would believe that he was about to state facts. At least, that was Tucker Carlson's own argument in defending himself from a libel suit.

That argument convinced U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil, who dismissed a lawsuit brought by model and actress Karen McDougal. McDougal sued for defamation, alleging Carlson baselessly told his audience she was extorting the President. President Trump allegedly paid $150,000 to help keep quiet a year-long affair with the former Playboy model.

"Bloviating for the Audience"​

Tucker Carlson Successfully Argues Nobody Really Believes Tucker Carlson Is Reporting Facts - FindLaw

Reciprocity as mentioned in the US Constitution means the state recognize actions, registrations, certifications of other states are held valid in your state. My marriage license in Tennessee is valid in all 50 states. My driver's license, again valid in all 50 states, yet your state does not recognize the hours of certified state training, and my license to carry a fire arm. What is that all about, the constitution state unless you don't like it?

the state of CT does not bar you from having a gun within its boundaries, if you aren't a nutmegger - - - but you hafta apply for a permit to do so.

CGS § 29-28(f)

(f) Any bona fide resident of the United States having no bona fide permanent residence within the jurisdiction of any local authority in the state, but who has a permit or license to carry a pistol or revolver issued by the authority of another state or subdivision of the United States, may apply directly to the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection for a permit to carry a pistol or revolver in this state. All provisions of subsections (b), (c), (d) and (e) of this section shall apply to applications for a permit received by the commissioner under this subsection.
2013 Connecticut General Statutes :: Title 29 - Public Safety and State Police :: Chapter 529 - Division of State Police :: Section 29-28 - Permit for sale at retail of pistol or revolver. Permit to carry pistol or revolver. Confidentiality of name and address of permit holder. Permits for out-of-state residents.

now that texas doesn't require a license AT ALL ie any dumbfuck with one good eye & an index finger can get & possess a gun. ... , i said good for CT.

when my husband went to missouri to hunt turkey - he had to get a hunting license for that state.

freakin' hillbilly missouri. did he whine? nope.

Last edited:
the state of CT does not bar you from having a gun within its boundaries, if you aren't a nutmegger - - - but you hafta apply for a permit to do so.

CGS § 29-28(f)

(f) Any bona fide resident of the United States having no bona fide permanent residence within the jurisdiction of any local authority in the state, but who has a permit or license to carry a pistol or revolver issued by the authority of another state or subdivision of the United States, may apply directly to the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection for a permit to carry a pistol or revolver in this state. All provisions of subsections (b), (c), (d) and (e) of this section shall apply to applications for a permit received by the commissioner under this subsection.
2013 Connecticut General Statutes :: Title 29 - Public Safety and State Police :: Chapter 529 - Division of State Police :: Section 29-28 - Permit for sale at retail of pistol or revolver. Permit to carry pistol or revolver. Confidentiality of name and address of permit holder. Permits for out-of-state residents.

now that texas doesn't require a license AT ALL ie any dumbfuck with one good eye & an index finger can get & possess a gun. ... , i said good for CT.

when my husband went to missouri to hunt turkey - he had to get a hunting license for that state.

freakin' hillbilly missouri. did he whine? nope.
Oh, I know that I would be equally able to obtain a permit by going through the same process I went through here. Not convenient if just passing through or visiting on vacation. Thirty-six of the states in the country recognize the training, testing, background local agency check, Department of Homeland Security sign off, already done. The recognized the reciprocity of official action of the various states. I'm surprised you guys don't make me take a driver's license test and get married again at the state line.

ask him. ask malloy - the gov b4 him.

From the link in the OP

The Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence hailed Lamont for offering a bill that would block a gun permit for anyone convicted of a domestic violence crime.

The Lautenberg amendment did that on the federal level more than 20 years ago. You'd think a governor would know that.

Tucker Carlson Successfully Argues Nobody Really Believes Tucker Carlson Is Reporting Facts

When Tucker Carlson says on his show “[r]emember the facts of the story; these are undisputed" no reasonable person would believe that he was about to state facts. At least, that was Tucker Carlson's own argument in defending himself from a libel suit.

That argument convinced U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil, who dismissed a lawsuit brought by model and actress Karen McDougal. McDougal sued for defamation, alleging Carlson baselessly told his audience she was extorting the President. President Trump allegedly paid $150,000 to help keep quiet a year-long affair with the former Playboy model.

Tucker Carlson Successfully Argues Nobody Really Believes Tucker Carlson Is Reporting Facts - FindLaw

Tucker is a sharp guy. His legal tactic worked.

He is not a journalist but a commentator. I find him humorous and often agree with him.

In this instance since this case is at the Supreme Court I would guess the facts Tucker covered were accurate.

But you can always do some research and prove me wrong.

Forum List

Back