🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Greedy UAW about to cost consumers 1k per vehicle more despite prices already being ridiculously high.

A 25% increase in pay isn't negotiating, it's extortion.
Only an ignorant moron who hasn't seen how wages have stagnated even as productivity has increased, along with CEO pay, would think these workers were extorting anyone. Capitalism is extortion you fool. They didn't call it laborism. It was a system designed by aristocrats to benefit and work for people with Capital. Not the people who labor. Read a fucking book.
The average worker gets around 28 bucks an hour to stand on an assembly line doing unskilled menial tasks.
What your labor is worth is whatever you can negotiate. Employers don't pay you more because your job is more demanding. If they could get away with paying you a buck for it they would. They pay skilled people more because they're in a better position to negotiate. Unskilled labor mitigates this with numbers. There are a lot more of them. That creates leverage. Learn what Capitalism actually is you dope.
But have no fear, increased pay means increased dues which means the extortion racket for paying Democrat politicians kickbacks will get even more lucrative
Apparently you think fighting for worker benefits and wages is the one job people should do for free....

Last edited:
Only an ignorant moron who hasn't seen how wages have stagnated even as productivity has increased, along with CEO pay, would think these workers were extorting anyone. Capitalism is extortion you fool. They didn't call it laborism. It was a system designed by aristocrats to benefit and work for people with Capitol. Not the people who labor. Read a fucking book.

What your labor is worth is whatever you can negotiate. Employers don't pay you more because your job is more demanding. If they could get away with paying you a buck for it they would. They pay skilled people more because they're in a better position to negotiate. Unskilled labor mitigates this with numbers. There are a lot more of them. That creates leverage. Learn what Capitalism actually is you dope.

Apparently you think fighting for worker benefits and wages is the one job people should do for free....
The capitalists have brainwashed many.

Instead of criticizing the massive transfer of wealth to the 1%, they complain about labor demanding a fair wage. It’s like they willingly shoot themselves in the foot. The 1% love these duped toadies.

The capitalists have brainwashed many.

Instead of criticizing the massive transfer of wealth to the 1%, they complain about labor demanding a fair wage. It’s like they willingly shoot themselves in the foot. The 1% love these duped toadies.
40 dollars an hour to work on an assembly line doing unskilled tasks is not a fair wage.

And there it is. You have no problem with politicians taking (legal) bribes.

Our government meddling is 80% of our nation's problems.
Who was talking about politicians?

BTW it was the Republican Justices who decided corporations bribing politicians equated to free speech.

Have you read any books?

My next vehicle will be a used, lower mileage 5.7 Toyota Tundra.
Done with the unreliability of the big three. Too much expense for vehicles I don't trust with continued software and mechanical issues.

You can find Ford and GM trucks with 250,000 - 300,000 miles quite regularly. Still selling for relatively high dollar.

My next vehicle will be a used, lower mileage 5.7 Toyota Tundra.
Done with the unreliability of the big three. Too much expense for vehicles I don't trust with continued software and mechanical issues.

I haven't bought an America made car since the 1980's

Doesn't the UAW own 25% of GM? I mean WTF, it's extortion!

I thought they were asking a lot but then I ran into an old friend. She has worked for GM since 1979. She told me that in 2008 they took a wage cut with promises of raises as soon as profits turned.

GM was making huge profits and the CEO and those who are simply overhead all got raises but those on the line actually making the cars have not had a raise since 2008.

It's time GM made up for that.
There is no reason this new agreement will cause the price of any vehicle to rise, everyone in these respective corporations could just be equitable with their profits (the goal of the UAW) but those making the most will not take any decrease, and are already plotting ways to keep increasing their salaries.

There is no reason this new agreement will cause the price of any vehicle to rise, everyone in these respective corporations could just be equitable with their profits (the goal of the UAW) but those making the most will not take any decrease, and are already plotting ways to keep increasing their salaries.

"Shareholder Value" will mean the prices will rise. For some reason it's Great American Values for people who never lift a finger to create a car to get more money year in and year out but not for those who actually create the cars.

I see zero greed here. I see workers getting raises after giving concessions years ago. It's time more working people stood up for themselves. I hope to see more of this. Long overdue.

I see zero greed here. I see workers getting raises after giving concessions years ago. It's time more working people stood up for themselves. I hope to see more of this. Long overdue.
Agreed. Labor in this country has been mistreated for decades. All should unionize and force the greedy capitalists to pay higher wages and benefits.

That's right Republicans. Express the hatred you have for workers daring to negotiate better wages. Keep tossing that CEO salad. That's popular. 😄
To spew what you do that means everything you purchase, and live y are for those closer to your home and nothing from East Asia, Central Asia and Europe. If from the United States, Central and South America may be added to the list including Canada. Of course, to increase wages for employees we as consumers must pay more. We do in near every higher wage blue collar employment. A hundred-dollar TV may cost at least a few hundred dollars for the same if we were like the past when we had foundation and smaller government.

Forum List

Back