Green New Deal

Assuming the current trend of rising temperatures of the planet continue, at what point do we act?

The United States, what can we do that will reverse Global Warming?

The world has a population of 7.6 BILLION PEOPLE.

The United States has a population of 330 MILLION PEOPLE. That means we (United States) make up 0.043% of the world population,

What percentage of the world population still burn either wood or animal dung to heat and cook?
Arguably we are the largest producer of greenhouse gases in the world and despite the efforts of the current administration we are still considered a world leader. Other nations still look to US for leadership.

Donald Trump's withdrawal of the US from the Paris Agreement was a huge disappoint for environmentalists around the world. However, the blow has been soften with the support of the United States Climate Alliance representing 21 US states and Trump's ridiculous quotes on climate change has certainly helped.

The Paris Accord only gave other countries the ability to limit our economic success. Of course they are pissed off.
That is complete nonsense. The agreement establishes a goal of a 26% reduction in carbon emission over a 20 year period. At the end each 5 years the US can readjust the figure. There is no penalty for not meeting the goal. Thankfully, 21 states agreed to support the Accord, assuring the world we aren't all idiots.

Well Trump thought it was a bad idea and so do I.

I have a better idea though. Let those other countries catch up to us, and then we'll agree to reduce our carbon emissions by 25%.

View attachment 245785
It's China, not other countries
China's is number 1 in the world in total carbon dioxide emissions, 9040 metric tons
US is number 2 in the world, 4,997. If the reduction in emission is based on total emissions, China would have the highest reduction goal and the US the 2nd highest. However, the members decided it would be fairer to base it on emission per capita. Using this method, China would drop to number 11th cutting it's emissions goal significantly and the US would drop to number 3 with little difference in it's US goal.

The bottom line is regardless of which method is used there would be little difference in the US emission goal. However, China's goal dropped significantly using the per captia method as did India, Indonesia, Brazil, and a number of small Africans nations who could not possibility meet their goal using the total emissions method. The per capita method is not only the fairest way to calculate emission reduction requirements but the only the way small developing nations could participate which is very important because they are the fastest growing nations in terms of carbon emissions. Trump of course, only saw that China had a lower goal than the US and withdrawing from the agreement made it easier to increase US emissions which was part of his agenda.
Each Country's Share of CO2 Emissions
https://journals.openedition.org/chinaperspectives/6924?file=1

I don't know if there is consensus among writers of articles you read on the internet but there is no doubt there is scientific consensus among the top scientist in the world that climate is changing and man is responsible.

In science it is natural and expected that scientific theories will be questioned and alternatives theories offered and so it is with the Greenhouse Theory of Climate Change. There have been other alternative theories and hypothesis but none have stood up to peer scrutiny as the Greenhouse Theory has. And no it is not just consensus of government agencies.

The following are all non-goverment organization funded by members, universities, private businesses, and foundations, not the government. All are in agreement with the Greenhouse Theory of Climate Change and that humanity is a primary cause.
American Association for the Advancement of Science
American Chemical Society
American Geophysical Union
American Medical Association
American Meteorological Society
American Physical Society
The Geological Society of America

In addition there are approximate 58 international Academies of Science including the National Academy of Science which are funded by members, foundations, and governments. They represent over 25,000 of the top scientist in the world, selected based on merit and achievements. Every single one of these organizations accepts as fact that the earth is in a state major climate change. 56 of these organizations state that humanity is the major cause.

This is scientific consensus

BTW Do you realize you have links to articles that are 10 to 15 years old?

Yes I do, but since the time these articles were written, things have gotten better, haven't they? And if not, why not since we keep spending more and more money on this cause?

Do you think God created this planet for animals and plants? Of course not. He created it for the human species. Everything else was put here for our advantage.
Both your statements are your opinion. There is no verse in Bible that says the earth was created for man. This is a favorite argument Christians use to defend their right to rape the land, pollute the air and turn our waters into cesspools.

Of course this planet was created for man. Why would God make a planet where we are the dominant animal capable of doing the things we can do if it was not for us? From a religious point of view, we are the only occupants with souls. Animals don't have souls. From a religious point of view, we are here to be tested and then judged for the next life.

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
Having dominion means to rule over or have dominance over. That does not mean God created the earth for man to ravage. The earth belongs to God not man.
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it." (Psalm 24:1)

Yes, the earth does belong to God and not man. So why do you insist man controls it and not God?
As you quoted in the scriptures, man has dominance over the earth but also has a responsibility of stewardship.

Yeah, I know.....been starting for nearly 50 years now.

In order to say X causes Y, you would need two planets exactly alike. One you use fossils fuels and the other not. Even then, it's really impossible to tell if one has an effect or not because weather and climate change on their own; always has and always will. Predicting what's going to happen with either is like trying to predict if a newborn baby is going to be straight, gay or transgender. There is simply nothing that can guarantee it.
You're right, there is no guarantee of sexual preference, climate change, or just about anything else. When we set off the first atomic bomb many scientist feared a chain reaction would destroyed all life on earth. When JFK blockaded Cuba, there was no guarantee that the Russians would back down. When the American colonist declared independence, England could have certainly smashed the rebellion by diverting it's forces in Europe to the America. There are no guarantees.
There are, however, likelihoods. Right now, we have no idea what the likely outcome or what the long term temperature growth will do. We have a really hard time accounting for something as simple as clout cover because the dual purpose that clouds have in GW - the both add to GW AND take away but the aggregate is not known when temps increase.

We do not know what the effects are going to be.
Assuming the current trend of rising temperatures of the planet continue, at what point do we act?

Haven't we acted enough already?

View attachment 245696

If somebody is to act, it isn't us. Talk to the people in India or China. When they catch up to us, then it's time to talk.
Look at the graph dumbass. The y axis doesn't start at zero.
You know what may even be more amusing? That the green plan would be more viable in fly over country. Even though the cost would be astronomical.

Yes I do, but since the time these articles were written, things have gotten better, haven't they? And if not, why not since we keep spending more and more money on this cause?

Do you think God created this planet for animals and plants? Of course not. He created it for the human species. Everything else was put here for our advantage.
Both your statements are your opinion. There is no verse in Bible that says the earth was created for man. This is a favorite argument Christians use to defend their right to rape the land, pollute the air and turn our waters into cesspools.

Of course this planet was created for man. Why would God make a planet where we are the dominant animal capable of doing the things we can do if it was not for us? From a religious point of view, we are the only occupants with souls. Animals don't have souls. From a religious point of view, we are here to be tested and then judged for the next life.

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
Having dominion means to rule over or have dominance over. That does not mean God created the earth for man to ravage. The earth belongs to God not man.
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it." (Psalm 24:1)

Yes, the earth does belong to God and not man. So why do you insist man controls it and not God?
As you quoted in the scriptures, man has dominance over the earth but also has a responsibility of stewardship.
And nothing is going to happen to this Earth until, as scripture tells us, reserved fire.

2 Peter 3:6-7 KJV
Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: [7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

That, in my mind, doesn't stop authority from implementation of conservation efforts that get turned over in different periods. Since God is in charge of authority, He will be the one to bring it to pass.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Update: Mitch McConnell has said he is DEFINITELY putting the Green New Deal up for a vote, just so that Americans can see which Democrats support it.

Note to Occasional Cortex: when the opposition party is gleefully looking forward to bringing your legislation up for a public vote, you're probably in trouble.

It will be interesting on how many Dem Senators up for reelection next year will vote for this whack job resolution. My crystal ball says very few; only ones in states where a Republican has no shot at winning.
How many Republicans will vote to condemn future generations to the effects of unfettered global warming.

If it was really happening, most of them would vote to take action. But its not happening, its a hoax, and you have been duped like the mindless sheep that you are.

How did the acts of man change the climate millions of years ago? It was changing big time in the previous ice ages and then warming periods.

If you leftists are so worried about man made pollution why aren't you attacking China, the worst polluter on the planet?

Its lunacy and you fools are being led by lunatics like algore and AOC. the party of Truman and Kennedy has become the party of idiots and frauds.

We all agree that we as humans need to stop polluting the planet's air and water. The real issue and point of disagreement is the unproven fake link between pollution and climate, specifically CO2 which is not a pollutant but a trace gas required by all life on earth. CO2 makes up .039% of the atmosphere and has been at that same level since we started measuring it, and actually before that as determined from ice cores and carbon dating of fossils.

If the left would get off the unproven climate link I think we could actually work together on this.

Goggle it. You won’t find it on Breitbart or Fox gnus.
dude, there is an entire forum for your stupid claim in here that has debunked every aspect of your nonsense. why don't you instead, go spend some time there. I have no need to go to the internet and do your job for you. you prove it. I know you can't and won't. there you go!

Well ..... you might have known global warming is real if you’d watch something other than FOX AND IDIOT FRIENDS AND FREAKS OF THE ROUND TABLE.

Instead of going out of your way to remain stupid, try to make room in your Rush/Hannity soted brain and read some of the peer reviewed papers written on the subject.

And don’t worry, science is black magic and God won’t smote you for raising your I.Q.

Though Rush and Hannity might look at you cross eyed with a frown.
you need new material aswipe.

You need to crack a book dumbass.

and you need to read something besides Al Gore's book of lies. BTW, didn't he say that florida would be under water by now? and that there would be no ice at either pole? Yes, he did. He either lied or was very stupid----------------probably both.

payn_c16332220190214120100.jpg

THIS, of course, is how they want the REST of America to live and does not apply to THEM!

(BTW, Dems, COWS are not the only plentiful animals on the planet.....in fact, while you're chasing down non-existent technology to support your 'Green New Sci-Fi Project' - to include the 'cattle-itic' converter to shove up a cow's rear to collect Co2 from their farts, try developing a hi-tech butt-plug for humans. I would bet humans fart just as much if not more than cows (of course I hang around humans more than I hang out with cows, so my opinion is very biased in this area.)

payn_c16332220190214120100.jpg

THIS, of course, is how they want the REST of America to live and does not apply to THEM!

(BTW, Dems, COWS are not the only plentiful animals on the planet.....in fact, while you're chasing down non-existent technology to support your 'Green New Sci-Fi Project' - to include the 'cattle-itic' converter to shove up a cow's rear to collect Co2 from their farts, try developing a hi-tech butt-plug for humans. I would bet humans fart just as much if not more than cows (of course I hang around humans more than I hang out with cows, so my opinion is very biased in this area.)
so no more free apple phones? I guess 5G should just be stopped because there is no reason for it.

Whew, how to pay for the Green Deal had me a little concerned. But the "expert" just wants to print the money.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants to pay for her Green New Deal by essentially printing more money
Yes they are insane. That is the reason more reasonable people, like that lifelong Democrats Starbuck CEO, are looking to get away from Democrats. Anyone can see they have cracked.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense.

Whew, how to pay for the Green Deal had me a little concerned. But the "expert" just wants to print the money.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wants to pay for her Green New Deal by essentially printing more money
Yes they are insane. That is the reason more reasonable people, like that lifelong Democrats Starbuck CEO, are looking to get away from Democrats. Anyone can see they have cracked.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense.
well that eliminates all the left in here.

Temps are rising much faster than normal. Donlt give that "climate always changes" bullshit.

Here is what I believe, that AHG is real. The effects are happening now, these studies done by scientist in my article give us an idea of what to expect if we do nothing. Some areas will be affected more than others.

And there are scientists that say it's all bunk, but you ignore those scientists because they do not fit your cause. Remember who pays scientists: governments.

So why would government make up these kids of things? Because government has been trying to gain more and more control over people as time moves on. To some degree, they've been fairly successful. But the two things stopping them from total control are energy and healthcare. Once government is able to totally control those two things, they will have total control over the people in this (and other) countries.

In our form of government, this can't be done unless they have the support of the people. So how do we get support of the people? Fear.

Get these people to not only hand over power, but beg you to take it from them. "Please, please government, take total control of our energy before we kill ourselves with it!" This is what they are looking for.
So what we have here is a worldwide government conspiracy to influence collected data and it's interpretation involving tens of thousands of climatologists, oceanographers, atmospheric scientists, meteorologists, and ecologists throughout the world. To that we would have to add the hundreds of pier groups who review and comment on findings and academy's of science. Since the private sector has become involve in both basic(4%) and applied research(24%), we would have to include them in this conspiracy. And governments who have lost their ability to hide their most embarrassing secrets have somehow discovered how to keep this conspiracy a secret.

Not being a great fan of conspiracy theories, I think your idea is fucking crazy.

I don't know why you think it's crazy. Look at how brainwashing has worked for the left thus far. They've been pretty successful. And as I already stated, you only want to look at those professions that agree with your position, and not those that disagree.

NASA - Top Story - NASA STUDY FINDS INCREASING SOLAR TREND THAT CAN CHANGE CLIMATE - March 20, 2003

Global Warming: A closer look at the numbers

Gore's 'carbon offsets' paid to firm he owns - WND - WND

Global warming: second thoughts of an environmentalist

Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation

I have many more and I'm sure the internet is full of others. The point is that it's not a consensus. It's debated by others in those fields and that are so often ignored.
I don't know if there is consensus among writers of articles you read on the internet but there is no doubt there is scientific consensus among the top scientist in the world that climate is changing and man is responsible.

In science it is natural and expected that scientific theories will be questioned and alternatives theories offered and so it is with the Greenhouse Theory of Climate Change. There have been other alternative theories and hypothesis but none have stood up to peer scrutiny as the Greenhouse Theory has. And no it is not just consensus of government agencies.

The following are all non-goverment organization funded by members, universities, private businesses, and foundations, not the government. All are in agreement with the Greenhouse Theory of Climate Change and that humanity is a primary cause.
American Association for the Advancement of Science
American Chemical Society
American Geophysical Union
American Medical Association
American Meteorological Society
American Physical Society
The Geological Society of America

In addition there are approximate 58 international Academies of Science including the National Academy of Science which are funded by members, foundations, and governments. They represent over 25,000 of the top scientist in the world, selected based on merit and achievements. Every single one of these organizations accepts as fact that the earth is in a state major climate change. 56 of these organizations state that humanity is the major cause.

This is scientific consensus

Oops..
Do 97% of Scientists Really Believe in Global Warming?

And I doubt you could get a honest survey now, because there's too much pressure for scientists to toe the accepted line.

In order to say X causes Y, you would need two planets exactly alike. One you use fossils fuels and the other not. Even then, it's really impossible to tell if one has an effect or not because weather and climate change on their own; always has and always will. Predicting what's going to happen with either is like trying to predict if a newborn baby is going to be straight, gay or transgender. There is simply nothing that can guarantee it.
You're right, there is no guarantee of sexual preference, climate change, or just about anything else. When we set off the first atomic bomb many scientist feared a chain reaction would destroyed all life on earth. When JFK blockaded Cuba, there was no guarantee that the Russians would back down. When the American colonist declared independence, England could have certainly smashed the rebellion by diverting it's forces in Europe to the America. There are no guarantees.
There are, however, likelihoods. Right now, we have no idea what the likely outcome or what the long term temperature growth will do. We have a really hard time accounting for something as simple as clout cover because the dual purpose that clouds have in GW - the both add to GW AND take away but the aggregate is not known when temps increase.

The United States has a population of 330 MILLION PEOPLE. That means we (United States) make up 0.043% of the world population,

What percentage of the world population still burn either wood or animal dung to heat and cook?
Arguably we are the largest producer of greenhouse gases in the world and despite the efforts of the current administration we are still considered a world leader. Other nations still look to US for leadership.

Donald Trump's withdrawal of the US from the Paris Agreement was a huge disappoint for environmentalists around the world. However, the blow has been soften with the support of the United States Climate Alliance representing 21 US states. Also, Trump's ridiculous quotes on climate change has certainly helped.

You're damned right it's arguable.

6 Graphs Explain the World’s Top 10 Emitters | World Resources Institute

Donald Trump's withdrawal of the US from the Paris Agreement was a huge disappoint for environmentalists around the world. However, the blow has been soften with the support of the United States Climate Alliance representing 21 US states. Also, Trump's ridiculous quotes on climate change has certainly helped.
post that evidence dude, you don't get to fling poop on the wall in here, post that data.

Well ..... you might have known global warming is real if you’d watch something other than FOX AND IDIOT FRIENDS AND FREAKS OF THE ROUND TABLE.

Instead of going out of your way to remain stupid, try to make room in your Rush/Hannity soted brain and read some of the peer reviewed papers written on the subject.

And don’t worry, science isn’t black magic and God won’t smote you for raising your I.Q.

Though Rush and Hannity might look at you cross eyed with a frown.
anytime someone on the left is getting their ass handed to them they run to FOX NEW LOL and cement the loss on their part.

It's their default mode.

Limbaugh
Fox
Hannity
Coulter

Racism
Homophobia

When they do find themselves in a corner, they just blurt out any of the above. It saves them time from learning anything, trying to disprove anything, or even helping them get out of a debate.
then whine words have lost their meaning.

i think they are more upset that means its lost impact.

Not too sure about that. They still use them repeatedly. I think they really don't know. When they lose elections, just blame it on the Republicans for cheating and not their worn out strategies. It's like the Boy who Cried Wolf.

Republicans do cheat. Photo ID laws. Voter suppression. Gerrymandering. Russian collusion. If you assfucks don;t want to be accused of cheating, QUIT YOUR FUCKING CHEATING.

"Republicans do cheat . . . because I want to believe it! Beating Democrats is cheating!"

Photo ID laws don't suppress voting. Gerrymandering is legal, AND practiced by both sides. Russian collusion is a fairy tale you made up to protect yourself from having to admit that your candidate was warmed-over shit. QUIT YOUR FUCKING LYING.

Study: Voter ID Laws Don’t Stop People Voting

Let's say for a second that Global Warming Science is UNDISPUTABLE FACT (which it is certainly NOT) to some degree (not to the degree AOC says it is, claiming the world will end in 12 years if we do not act now - we already heard that '12 Year' BS from Gore, and we're all still here....), But Let's just SAY it is 'true'...

THAT still does not change the FACT that the 'Green New Deal' AOC just embarrassingly rolled out is embarrassing as hell, a piece of crap, and one of the worst pieces of 'legislation' ever produced...it still does NOT change the fact that AOC admitted her plan is 1) Unrealistic, 2) 'unachievable' (Newsom / Ca just proved part of that), 3) Based on Non-existent technology, & 4) the cost is fiscally unaffordable - 'even if we took every dollar from every wealthy American and every resource from every prosperous company in the US'.

Preliminary cost estimates are in, $7 Trillion. As with all government programs that estimate, no doubt, will double or triple.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is calling for a Green New Deal as the 'moonshot' of our generation. Here's everything we know about it so far.
Look at calis new attempt at a train to the vally to cut fuel use and transport costs so far over 14 billion in cost and 12 years so far lol .
California to pull plug on billion-dollar bullet train, cites ballooning costs

The green deal is slavery, Democrats will control almost all aspects of your life from heat you use, to vacation you take. If you can afford a vacation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back