Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Grilled

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

leftwinger

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2015
driving
I like grilled meats only. Never had smoked anything I like or trust to eat? Always weird. So much strange spices, dead, cold taste. Am I wrong?
Yeh OK, maybe a smoked sausage is tolerable after sitting in the fridge for weeks.

Difficult to find anyone who can properly smoke meat. My brother inlaw and my father are the only ones that did it right and I include restaraunts in this. Dried out jerky is what I useually get at BBQ joints.

I like grilled meats only. Never had smoked anything I like or trust to eat? Always weird. So much strange spices, dead, cold taste. Am I wrong?
Yeh OK, maybe a smoked sausage is tolerable after sitting in the fridge for weeks.

If you grill something, technically, it is also usually smoked a little in the process, but proper smoking requires a good smoker and the know-how to do it right and on what.

Sous vide and a sear on steaks, chops, chicken.

Kabobs- grilled.

I sous vide my ribs and baste in the oven.

Don't use the grill much since I started using the sous vide. Put it in a broiler next to the grill to go to 1500 and get that sear, so now the gril is for burgers, brats or for larger gatherings when I just need the space.

Difficult to find anyone who can properly smoke meat. My brother inlaw and my father are the only ones that did it right and I include restaraunts in this. Dried out jerky is what I useually get at BBQ joints.

Lewis Barbecue in Charleston South Carolina will change your mind.

I have an electrical smoker

Salt, pepper and garlic is what we use most of the time

I only put chips in once at the beginning (unless it is a big butt or something like that)

Yummy every time

A smoker is just a grill for lazy people with a lot of time

It depends on the type of meat.

The best salmon I have ever eaten is salmon I smoked myself.

But not a fan of beef smoked for the most part.

Smoked chicken and turkey is better in my view than either on of the grilled.

Forum List

Back