Guess the political leanings of Charlie Hedbo

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
The main wiki article. you can find the links to the killed journalists/cartoonists in it.

Charlie Hebdo (French pronunciation: [ʃaʁli ɛbdo]; French for Charlie Weekly) is a French satirical weekly newspaper, featuring cartoons, reports, polemics, and jokes. Irreverent and stridently non-conformist in tone, the publication is strongly antireligious[2] and left-wing, publishing articles on the extreme right,Catholicism, Islam, Judaism, politics, culture, etc. According to its former editor, Charb (Stephane Charbonnier), the magazine's editorial viewpoint reflects "all components of left wing pluralism, and even abstainers".[3]

Charb worked for many newspapers, Charlie Hebdo – which he edited from 2009 until his death in 2015 – L'Écho des savanes, Télérama, Fluide glacialand L'Humanité. His cartoons, which often feature Maurice et Patapon the anti-capitalist cat and dog, are caustic and irreverent. He also used to draw the character of Marcel Keuf, le flic in Fluide Glacial.

Cabu started out studying art at the École Estienne in Paris and his drawings were first published by 1954 in a local newspaper. The Algerian War forced him to be conscripted in Army for over two years, where his talent was used in the army magazine Bled and in Paris-Match. His time in the army caused him to become a strident anti-militarist and adopt a slightly anarchistic view of society.[citation needed]

His popular characters include Le Grand Duduche and adjudant Kronenbourg, and especially Mon Beauf.[3] So spot-on was this caricature of an average, racist, sexist, vulgar, ordinary Frenchman that the word 'beauf' (short for "beau-frère" i.e. brother-in-law) has slipped into ordinary use.[4]

From a quick google search. Evidently they are not fans of the Catholic Church either.

41YPcnWVHBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I find it offensive, yet strangely I feel zero desire to spray their workspace with bullets.

Imagine if conservatives, and western Christians were everything that the left thinks they are......boy, would they be in trouble........lucky for the left.....the very people they are afraid of......are normal people....it is the left that has the real problem....they protect muslims........but attack Christians.........it is messed up mental processes........

Imagine if conservatives, and western Christians were everything that the left thinks they are......boy, would they be in trouble........lucky for the left.....the very people they are afraid of......are normal people....it is the left that has the real problem....they protect muslims........but attack Christians.........it is messed up mental processes........

To be fair, these leftists did not. I find their magazine repulsive, but again, I feel no need to kill them all over it, or even ban it.

They seem to be a print version of South Park...they lampoon EVERYONE, in as offensive a manner as possible!
My problem is when their right to offend results in retaliation that involves innocents not at all involved with the magazine.

At some point, in regard for others, a little self-restraint is in order.

Forum List

Back