Gun Control-A Theory

Gun Control is a symptom of the disease known as authoritarian government.

You catch it by believing that whenever there is a problem, government has a solution.

Every time you utter the phrase, "The government needs to do something about _______"
you are spreading that disease.

Government can only address a problem in one of two ways. It can prohibit or it can promote.

If someone sees gun violence as a problem for government to solve, the only choice is prohibit.

The problem is, prohibition doesn't work where it comes in direct conflict with common sense and the will of the people.

However, in the case of gun control there is an additional impediment. You can't prohibit something that the most sacred law of the land, The Constitution, specifically forbids prohibition of guns.

More gun control is the major excuse for the failure of government to inspire solutions ... 'more' doesn't work ... less all round would be nice, I'm thinking..

However, in the case of gun control there is an additional impediment. You can't prohibit something that the most sacred law of the land, The Constitution, specifically forbids prohibition of guns.
Yet in the US in all/various states the right of the people to keep and bear arms is impinged all the time. How can that be?

Yet in the US in all/various states the right of the people to keep and bear arms is impinged all the time. How can that be?

A symptom of the disease. An authoritarian government believes in its own power to "do good". Even if it exercises that power in direct contravention of it's own laws.

"The ends justify the means" is the motto of every authoritarian.

A legitimate government knows it's legal and ethical limitations and isn't afraid to stand up to voters who demand government exceed them.

More gun control is the major excuse for the failure of government to inspire solutions ... 'more' doesn't work ... less all round would be nice, I'm thinking..
Except that's wrong as shown by the experience of all the other developed nations.

A symptom of the disease. An authoritarian government believes in its own power to "do good". Even if it exercises that power in direct contravention of it's own laws.
So all US governments for the last few decades have been authoritarian. Isn't the 2nd supposed to prevent that? Why is it failing?

Except that's wrong as shown by the experience of all the other developed nations.
Nope, I don't believe that bullshit but I do believe Democratic Party policies promote most of the criminality, anarchy's within America.

Last edited:
Nope, I don't believe that bullshit
Of course you don't.

factsdon'tmatter.jpg

All other developed nations become MORE authoritarian with the removal of guns. You can try and deny those facts, but it won't make that truth go away.

So all US governments for the last few decades have been authoritarian. Isn't the 2nd supposed to prevent that? Why is it failing?

It's not just the 2nd Amendment that fails. Our 1st and 4th have also been seriously undermined.

Why is it failing? ... That's easy. We did it to ourselves.

One group of people gets scared or self-righteous and demands that government make others acquiesce to their demands. The rest of us are too bored, apathetic, or ignorant to hold politicians accountable, and it happens. It doesn't matter if that thing is alcohol prohibition, Jim Crow, or gun control. It only takes one vocal group with no opposition to convince a politician to go beyond their remit. Once that happens, the doors are open.

It's not a recent thing ... it's not even a thing unique to government. Anyone who has ever raised a child. If you don't set boundaries, and reasonably enforce them, the results are very predictable.

Nope….

2,460,000 million gun murder victims in 246 years of American history

15 million innocent men, women and children murdered in Europe in 6 years between 1939-1945

Japan murdered 3 million people…..

It took Americans with guns to make them stop the slaughter…

We have nothing to learn from Europe or Asia…

Can you tell which part of the world murdered more people?

Last edited:
All other developed nations become MORE authoritarian with the removal of guns. You can try and deny those facts, but it won't make that truth go away.
Except the post below is the post to which I replied. Nothing about authoritarianism was mentioned in it.

Too, the rate of police killings in the US demonstrates it is a more authoritarian society than the other developed nations.

Why is it failing? ... That's easy. We did it to ourselves.
So the 2nd doesn't actually work to prevent authoritarian non democratic governments? I agree.

So you may as well get rid of it and reduce the rates of firearm homicides and mass shootings.

So the 2nd doesn't actually work to prevent authoritarian non democratic governments? I agree.

So you may as well get rid of it and reduce the rates of firearm homicides and mass shootings.
Correct – the Second Amendment has nothing to do with ‘preventing government tyranny,’ that’s a ridiculous lie.

But there’s no need to get rid of it; indeed, doing so would be pointless.

The Second Amendment wasn’t incorporated until 2010 – amending the Constitution to repeal the Second Amendment would simply return control of firearms back to the states with a wide range of regulation.

And the Second Amendment has nothing to do with preventing a Federal AWB; there’s no Federal AWB because there’s no political will to enact such a measure.

Forum List

Back