gun-control efforts calls for sheriff to inspect gun owner's homes

I will bet that the only mistake here was that it was published before it was voted on.

One of the major gun-control efforts in Olympia this session calls for the sheriff to inspect the homes of assault-weapon owners. The bill’s backers say that was a mistake.
As Orwellian as that sounds, it isn’t hypothetical. The notion of police home inspections was introduced in a bill last week in Olympia.
Misstep in gun bill could defeat the effort | Local News | The Seattle Times

This one sounds like it impacts a few rights in one shot.

I will bet that the only mistake here was that it was published before it was voted on.

One of the major gun-control efforts in Olympia this session calls for the sheriff to inspect the homes of assault-weapon owners. The bill’s backers say that was a mistake.
As Orwellian as that sounds, it isn’t hypothetical. The notion of police home inspections was introduced in a bill last week in Olympia.

linked article said:
I spoke to two of the sponsors. One, Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, a lawyer who typically is hyper-attuned to civil-liberties issues, said he did not know the bill authorized police searches because he had not read it closely before signing on.

“I made a mistake,” Kline said. “I frankly should have vetted this more closely.”

This is a problem. Lawmakers do not bother to read what they vote for. They are too busy to do their own jobs!

it works for democrats, they love their reps voting on things they dont talk, discuss or know anything about...just ask Nancy Pelosi

In Ireland the police are allowed to come to your house and check if you gun is stored safely according to regulations. The gun owners who I know think that it is a good idea.

I don't give a fuck what people in Ireland think.

its a waste of time they should just ban the clips.

How long does a clip last?

how many years can it set on the shelf and still be good?

any gun owners know?

Indefinitely. I have used 70 year old magazines without a problem.

They are also very simple to make...a spring & some bent sheetmetal. You could make them in most high school metal shops.

I accept your capitulation.

My surrender? I see you are running away and claiming victory.
The police only have one right and that is to obey the Constitution.

The Constitution was written hundreds of years ago. Laws need to change to fit the times.

Except the constitution isn't about laws, it's about how the country will govern itself and rights of it's citizens. Nothing needs to change there.

In Ireland the police are allowed to come to your house and check if you gun is stored safely according to regulations. The gun owners who I know think that it is a good idea.

I don't give a fuck what people in Ireland think.

That and we don't want to become a police state.

Once again, you cannot trust people to do the right thing. How do you prevent people who cannot safely own a gun from owning them? Does this not violate their constitutional rights?

You have to restrict only those who have been before a judge, and been found incompetent, or convicted of a felony. Thats due process and its the only way to deny a person thier rights.

If we cannot trust people to do the right things, how can we trust the police/government to be the only ones with the right to be armed? We sure as hell cannot trust criminals to follow the rules.

Armed law enforcement officers are vetted by 1) criminal background checks; 2) both written and oral psychological evaluations; 3) credit checks; 4) at least three interviews with professionals in the field; 5) School records, academic and deportment; 6) military records; 7) civil records (marriage, law suits, liens, etc); 8) interviews of references and former employers; 9) and a polygraph. Then, if everything is good, a conditional offer of employment is tendered and the probationary officer is assigned an FTO (field training officer) who will evaluate the new officer for one year. At anytime during that year the probationary officer can be terminated and no reason for such termination is offered.

And yet, with all that, we still had Chris Dorner!

You have to restrict only those who have been before a judge, and been found incompetent, or convicted of a felony. Thats due process and its the only way to deny a person thier rights.

If we cannot trust people to do the right things, how can we trust the police/government to be the only ones with the right to be armed? We sure as hell cannot trust criminals to follow the rules.

Armed law enforcement officers are vetted by 1) criminal background checks; 2) both written and oral psychological evaluations; 3) credit checks; 4) at least three interviews with professionals in the field; 5) School records, academic and deportment; 6) military records; 7) civil records (marriage, law suits, liens, etc); 8) interviews of references and former employers; 9) and a polygraph. Then, if everything is good, a conditional offer of employment is tendered and the probationary officer is assigned an FTO (field training officer) who will evaluate the new officer for one year. At anytime during that year the probationary officer can be terminated and no reason for such termination is offered.

And yet, with all that, we still had Chris Dorner!

When liberals talk about things like Occupy Wall Street, cops are the scum of the earth. But when it comes to something like gun control, all of a sudden they are hero's and we need to make sure the public is unarmed to protect them.

Forum List

Back