Gun store stupid award accidental shooting

Looks like brainiac is finding all the accidental shooting stories he can find. Too bad he doesn't realize they are acts of negligence and has no bearing on the responsible many.

Looks like brainiac is finding all the accidental shooting stories he can find. Too bad he doesn't realize they are acts of negligence and has no bearing on the responsible many.

Far from all. Just the more interesting ones.

I always that guns aren't necessary and people often say that i'm not right, but i'm glad that idiots like these guys are always prove my theories and makes my beliefs stronger! Stupid and very obvious.

Alcohol really doesn't mix with driving either....

Drunk driving statistics

In 2011, 9,878 people were killed in alcohol-impaired-driving crashes. These alcohol-impaired driving fatalities accounted for 31 percent of the total motor vehicle traffic fatalities in the United States.

Traffic fatalities in alcohol-impaired-driving crashes decreased by 2.5 percent from 2010.

In 2011, a total of 1,140 children age 14 and younger were killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes. Of those 1,140 fatalities, 181 occurred in alcohol-impaired-driving crashes.

All accidental deaths with guns in 2013.......505....

Carry a gun....and walk...it is safer..........

I always that guns aren't necessary and people often say that i'm not right, but i'm glad that idiots like these guys are always prove my theories and makes my beliefs stronger! Stupid and very obvious.

Well.....on average Americans use guns 2 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.....and keep in mind these are non police, and non military defensive uses......so those people would probably disagree with you.......

Well.....on average Americans use guns 2 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.....and keep in mind these are non police, and non military defensive uses......so those people would probably disagree with you.......

That is a lie. The majority of gun studies say it is far less. The ncvs says it is only 108k. Stop with the false claim already. There hasn't been 60 million defenses the last 30 years. That is a ridiculous number. Every gun owner in the country would have one if it were true. Yet neither me or you or anyone I know has one. Even in this board people claiming one is rare.

Sorry brain. the number is not a lie....the National Crime Victimization Survey.......it isn't even a study on guns........

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Sorry brain. the number is not a lie....the National Crime Victimization Survey.......it isn't even a study on guns........

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

You have 4 studies saying it's more than 2 and 11 studies saying it is less. By far the majority of gun studies disagree with your false claim.

And the much larger ncvs survey says 108k.

The cdc did not study the number of DGUs that is false.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

You have 4 studies saying it's more than 2 and 11 studies saying it is less. By far the majority of gun studies disagree with your false claim.

I took the average of the non military non police studies.....that puts the average number of defensive gun uses at 2 million....

The NCVS is not a gun study......like doing a study on cheese but never asking about cheese in the survey......

The CDC under obama's direction studied all gun self defense research in 2013 and spent 10 million dollars doing it......their numbers were between 500,000 and 3 milion...and both the leadership of the CDC and obama are anti gun......

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Do you have a link to this LA Times survey? It seems to be very elusive.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

I took the average of the non military non police studies.....that puts the average number of defensive gun uses at 2 million....

The NCVS is not a gun study......like doing a study on cheese but never asking about cheese in the survey......

The CDC under obama's direction studied all gun self defense research in 2013 and spent 10 million dollars doing it......their numbers were between 500,000 and 3 milion...and both the leadership of the CDC and obama are anti gun......

11 studies say your 2 million is too high. You can't average them obviously.

The cdc did not estimate DGUs that is a lie. They simply stated what other studies have found. Nowhere did they estimate the number of DGUs.

The ncvs is a crime survey. It would include DGUs.

Average this one in.
A study published in 2013 by the Violence Policy Center, using five years of nationwide statistics (2007-2011) compiled by the federal Bureau of Justice has found that defensive gun uses (DGU) occur at a dramatically lower magnitude than that suggested by Kleck: an average of 67,740 times per year.[11]

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

11 studies say your 2 million is too high. You can't average them obviously.

The cdc did not estimate DGUs that is a lie. They simply stated what other studies have found. Nowhere did they estimate the number of DGUs.

The ncvs is a crime survey. It would include DGUs.

That is why I average them brain...to get a more accurate number....2 million......

Obama's CDC looked at all the research...and they came up with between 500,000 and 3 million defensive gun uses looking at all the research...even the stuff I can't find or won't pay for to look at.....including the L.A. times study....try calling the times...they can probably find it for you......

Average this one in.
A study published in 2013 by the Violence Policy Center, using five years of nationwide statistics (2007-2011) compiled by the federal Bureau of Justice has found that defensive gun uses (DGU) occur at a dramatically lower magnitude than that suggested by Kleck: an average of 67,740 times per year.[11]

The violence policy center is an anti-gun nut job group and that study was shown to be crap.........I don't have time to link....

Forum List

Back