Gun store stupid award accidental shooting

Sorry brain. the number is not a lie....the National Crime Victimization Survey.......it isn't even a study on guns........

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)
DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)
Kleck...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Do you have a link to this LA Times survey? It seems to be very elusive.
You've got an obvious 'obsession' with something that is 'hard' and given the correct physical 'manipulation' 'ejects' something out the end of it.
You need to take off your 'onesie' and get to a psychotherapist.
Until then you're on PI b/c you're a fucking pansy fool.

Sorry brain. the number is not a lie....the National Crime Victimization Survey.......it isn't even a study on guns........

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..
If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

You have 4 studies saying it's more than 2 and 11 studies saying it is less. By far the majority of gun studies disagree with your false claim.

And the much larger ncvs survey says 108k.

The cdc did not study the number of DGUs that is false.

I took the average of the non military non police studies.....that puts the average number of defensive gun uses at 2 million....

The NCVS is not a gun study......like doing a study on cheese but never asking about cheese in the survey......

The CDC under obama's direction studied all gun self defense research in 2013 and spent 10 million dollars doing it......their numbers were between 500,000 and 3 milion...and both the leadership of the CDC and obama are anti gun......

11 studies say your 2 million is too high. You can't average them obviously.

The cdc did not estimate DGUs that is a lie. They simply stated what other studies have found. Nowhere did they estimate the number of DGUs.

The ncvs is a crime survey. It would include DGUs.

That is why I average them brain...to get a more accurate number....2 million......

Obama's CDC looked at all the research...and they came up with between 500,000 and 3 million defensive gun uses looking at all the research...even the stuff I can't find or won't pay for to look at.....including the L.A. times study....try calling the times...they can probably find it for you......

The vast majority of studies say your number is too high. They can't be averaged obviously.

No they did not. Nowhere did they estimate DGUs.

Average this one in.
A study published in 2013 by the Violence Policy Center, using five years of nationwide statistics (2007-2011) compiled by the federal Bureau of Justice has found that defensive gun uses (DGU) occur at a dramatically lower magnitude than that suggested by Kleck: an average of 67,740 times per year.[11]

The violence policy center is an anti-gun nut job group and that study was shown to be crap.........I don't have time to link....

So you just pick which studies you want to include. If the number is too small for you it isn't included.

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Do you have a link to this LA Times survey? It seems to be very elusive.
You've got an obvious 'obsession' with something that is 'hard' and given the correct physical 'manipulation' 'ejects' something out the end of it.
You need to take off your 'onesie' and get to a psychotherapist.
Until then you're on PI b/c you're a fucking pansy fool.

Actually I'm not scared to go out of my house without gun. Now those people are pansies.

* The CDC report made no effort to reconcile the differing estimates of DGUs, except to note that the estimate provided by the Kleck group was larger by an order of magnitude than the estimate arising from the NCVS. The CDC report noted that the estimate of DGU provided by the Kleck group is twice again as large as the estimate of the Dept. of Justice that there are 1.3 million crimes committed with a gun in the USA every year.

* According to the CDC report: “The 2005 National Research Council study found no persuasive evidence from available studies that passage of right to carry laws decrease or increase violent crime. ”

Defensive Gun Use Part I - The CDC Report on Gun Violence

Average this one in.
A study published in 2013 by the Violence Policy Center, using five years of nationwide statistics (2007-2011) compiled by the federal Bureau of Justice has found that defensive gun uses (DGU) occur at a dramatically lower magnitude than that suggested by Kleck: an average of 67,740 times per year.[11]

The violence policy center is an anti-gun nut job group and that study was shown to be crap.........I don't have time to link....

So you just pick which studies you want to include. If the number is too small for you it isn't included.

No....I don't include the NCVS because, again....and again, it is not a gun study.....at no point do they mention guns in the study.........so I will no longer average it in just to make you happy.... I have shown all of the studies I have easy access to....and many of those are from anti gun researchers.....

The violence policy center is nuts......they lie......they don't do research, they want guns banned and will use whatever means they think are necessary....

I always that guns aren't necessary and people often say that i'm not right, but i'm glad that idiots like these guys are always prove my theories and makes my beliefs stronger! Stupid and very obvious.

Well.....on average Americans use guns 2 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.....and keep in mind these are non police, and non military defensive uses......so those people would probably disagree with you.......

That is a lie. The majority of gun studies say it is far less. The ncvs says it is only 108k. Stop with the false claim already. There hasn't been 60 million defenses the last 30 years. That is a ridiculous number. Every gun owner in the country would have one if it were true. Yet neither me or you or anyone I know has one. Even in this board people claiming one is rare.

You are wasting your energy, Brain. Guy has proved to his own satisfaction the statistics that he read on some NRA blog is true, and no amount of rational logic is going to change his mind.

Average this one in.

No....I don't include the NCVS because, again....and again, it is not a gun study.....at no point do they mention guns in the study.........so I will no longer average it in just to make you happy.... I have shown all of the studies I have easy access to....and many of those are from anti gun researchers.....

The violence policy center is nuts......they lie......they don't do research, they want guns banned and will use whatever means they think are necessary....

Yes so you pick the ones you want to use. Even doing that 11 gun studies say your number is too high.

I always that guns aren't necessary and people often say that i'm not right, but i'm glad that idiots like these guys are always prove my theories and makes my beliefs stronger! Stupid and very obvious.

Well.....on average Americans use guns 2 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.....and keep in mind these are non police, and non military defensive uses......so those people would probably disagree with you.......

That is a lie. The majority of gun studies say it is far less. The ncvs says it is only 108k. Stop with the false claim already. There hasn't been 60 million defenses the last 30 years. That is a ridiculous number. Every gun owner in the country would have one if it were true. Yet neither me or you or anyone I know has one. Even in this board people claiming one is rare.

You are wasting your energy, Brain. Guy has proved to his own satisfaction the statistics that he read on some NRA blog is true, and no amount of rational logic is going to change his mind.

I know. But somebody needs to correct him when he's giving blatantly false info.

I know. But somebody needs to correct him when he's giving blatantly false info.

I gave up weeks ago. It is kind of amusing, though. Based on his numbers, we should be seeing people all the time drawing down on bad guys. I'm 70 years old, and I have never seen it happen as a live event in my life. I have, however, seen bad guys draw down on good guys. I saw one guy shoot 6 other guys in a bar in downtown Atlanta. I think that three of them died. The shooter turned out to be a drunk psycho. It happened so fast that none of them had a snowball's chance.

I gave up weeks ago. It is kind of amusing, though. Based on his numbers, we should be seeing people all the time drawing down on bad guys. I'm 70 years old, and I have never seen it happen as a live event in my life. I have, however, seen bad guys draw down on good guys. I saw one guy shoot 6 other guys in a bar in downtown Atlanta. I think that three of them died. The shooter turned out to be a drunk psycho. It happened so fast that none of them had a snowball's chance.

Yes it's funny that even though they are obviously quite rare he insists there are millions each year. He cut out any studies that included cops and military and his number went up. According to him there have been 140 million in your lifetime. Like the rest of us you are really going against the odds by not having seen one.

Not an NRA blog.....40 years of independent research by various criminologists and economists....many of whom are anti gun...in particular Dr. Gary Kleck was anti gun when he did his famous survey as were the two guys who did the Justice Dept. study for the clinton Justice Dept. They just didn't let their anti gun bias infect their research.......

And the rational logic is in the studies, not brain's "I like this number cause it is prettier" way to get data....

Not an NRA blog.....40 years of independent research by various criminologists and economists....many of whom are anti gun...in particular Dr. Gary Kleck was anti gun when he did his famous survey as were the two guys who did the Justice Dept. study for the clinton Justice Dept. They just didn't let their anti gun bias infect their research.......

And the rational logic is in the studies, not brain's "I like this number cause it is prettier" way to get data....

11 gun studies say your number is too high.

Also it's not prettier. Your numbers aren't even possible. The ncvs is a survey of 90k households. Your favorite takes 50 false positives and extrapolates that to 2.5 million. Now that is crazy to believe in.

Yes it's funny that even though they are obviously quite rare he insists there are millions each year. He cut out any studies that included cops and military and his number went up. According to him there have been 140 million in your lifetime. Like the rest of us you are really going against the odds by not having seen one.

Actually, you can thank Jakestarkey for that......and how do you come to the point that they are quite rare since you have produced no legitimate research...you are making that up cause you like the sound of it...

And again.....quite a bit of the research including methods and results....

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

As soon as you can show us no car accidents caused by drunk idiots, or fights, or falling off tables, chairs, buildings, and a whole host of other stupid ways that drunk idiots hurt and kill themselves and each other, then we'll pay attention. Until then you're pissing up a rope.

Actually, you can thank Jakestarkey for that......and how do you come to the point that they are quite rare since you have produced no legitimate research...you are making that up cause you like the sound of it...

No there are only about 50 reported each year. Very rare. Only 230 criminals killed in defense, very rare. I don't know anyone with a dgu, very rare. You have never had a dgu. Reality says they are quite rare. Vandal is 70 and hasn't had a dgu. Everything reality based says they are rare.

And again.....quite a bit of the research including methods and results....

--------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Again 11 of your own studies say your number is too high. Also the cdc did not arrive at a number for DGUs. Dept of justice should be 1.3.

You chery pick studies and arrive at mythical number.

Forum List

Back