"Guns don't kill people, People kill people"

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
No matter how much people poke fun at these 7 words there is NO dispute to it's validity.

So given all intelligent people pro/con guns agree on the above, what is the objective of seizing guns?

Since HOMICIDES AND MASS KILLINGS IN THE UNITED STATES, 2006-10
About every two weeks in the United States, four or more people (not including the killer) die in a mass killing. Some get little media attention. As frequent as they are, however, mass killings make up only about 1% of the roughly 15,000 people murdered in the U.S. each year.

Since 2006 156 people murdered in mass killings.

Mass killings occur in USA once every two weeks

So why then ALL this commotion.. all the comments, President on down.. GUNS bad! Must be banned!

So why the effort and promotion to ban guns?

Its called a red-herring. Trying to hit hot button issues so we'll all fight and let them collect their pay for doing nothing. In 1994 when the ban was in effect, it had no effect. Its what we get for electing idiots.

No matter how much people poke fun at these 7 words there is NO dispute to it's validity.

So given all intelligent people pro/con guns agree on the above, what is the objective of seizing guns?

About every two weeks in the United States, four or more people (not including the killer) die in a mass killing. Some get little media attention. As frequent as they are, however, mass killings make up only about 1% of the roughly 15,000 people murdered in the U.S. each year.

So why then ALL this commotion.. all the comments, President on down.. GUNS bad! Must be banned!

The article sez 156 incidents of "mass killings"... killing 774.

Still, Chicago will probably hit that mark in a single year.

Chemical and biological weapons don't kill people then either, I guess.

How dumb! What "guess" ?

Are really that dense to think a gun is animated? You think it is a cartoon?
Same with chemical,etc.. poison gas canister unscrews it's lid??

See there obviously is a screw less with people who make a statement "I guess"!

Please get some professional help because you seem to have escaped from reality!

The article sez 156 incidents of "mass killings"... killing 774.

Still, Chicago will probably hit that mark in a single year.

I will say something that you will never hear from Obama/Anti-gun supporters,etc..

I was wrong!

Thank you for catching that very glaring mistake on my part!

Yes 774 deaths in the 156 incidents!!

I apologize for my error and thank you for being courtesy in catching it!

Of course there is. It's a silly semantical game.

"Cars don't drive; people drive" -- yet we regulate cars, requiring that they pass safety standards in manufacturing design and safety inspections in personal use, do we not?. We even hang license plates on 'em.

"Speed doesn't kill people; irresponsible drivers kill people" -- yet we regulate speeds, do we not?

More silly semantics:
"Guns don't kill people; bullets kill people" -
"Bullets don't kill people; the impact of bullets kills people" -
"The impact of bullets doesn't kill people; the organ damage and blood loss caused by it kills people"

We can go Asperger-literal all day. What's the point?

Dumb fuck. It is not about banning guns, but about the responsible use of them by the public.
American Gun Deaths to Exceed Traffic Fatalities by 2015 - Bloomberg

While motor-vehicle deaths dropped 22 percent from 2005 to 2010, gun fatalities are rising again after a low point in 2000, according to the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Shooting deaths in 2015 will probably rise to almost 33,000, and those related to autos will decline to about 32,000, based on the 10-year average trend.

But, take heart, Mexico and Somalia have a worse record in this matter. Aren't you just so proud of the peer group we are in?

Chemical and biological weapons don't kill people then either, I guess.

How dumb! What "guess" ?

Are really that dense to think a gun is animated? You think it is a cartoon?
Same with chemical,etc.. poison gas canister unscrews it's lid??

See there obviously is a screw less with people who make a statement "I guess"!

Please get some professional help because you seem to have escaped from reality!

I'm merely pointing out that any point about guns that the OP is trying to make with that statement would also apply to chemical and biological weapons.

Forum List

Back