Guns have Changed, So Should Gun Laws

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
"Advances in technology have turned guns from a tool meant for hunting and war into a weapon of mass destruction, capable of killing 20 children in 5 minutes. No sane person would think the Founding Fathers, who created the Electoral College because they didn’t trust the average American’s intelligence, would want those same people to have that kind of power. It’s one thing for a well-regulated militia to take up arms against tyranny blablabla but it’s quite another for a single “patriot” to be able to walk into the Senate chambers and kill everyone in it without having to stop to reload"

No. Right now I can't even get Revolver in NYC unless I wait 3-6 months and pay $1000. Until I get my rights back, no compromise, no discussion.

"Advances in technology have turned guns from a tool meant for hunting and war into a weapon of mass destruction, capable of killing 20 children in 5 minutes. No sane person would think the Founding Fathers, who created the Electoral College because they didn’t trust the average American’s intelligence, would want those same people to have that kind of power. It’s one thing for a well-regulated militia to take up arms against tyranny blablabla but it’s quite another for a single “patriot” to be able to walk into the Senate chambers and kill everyone in it without having to stop to reload"

I see the far left drones got their marching orders...

The far left drones will never learn..

Excuse me but the first semiautomatic rifle was designed in 1885

And all of the guns you are saying are much more advanced are nothing but semiautomatic rifles

seems to me guns haven;t changed all that much

nope

there was a revolutionary firearm when the Constitution was founded called the Girardoni

it could fire forty balls in a minute 22 per reload

the framers did not say the people have the right to firearms except the Girardoni

so go screw yourself or get the 2nd amendment repelled

The EC wasn't put in place because the founders didn't trust the population, moron. The semi-auto pistol was approved by the Army in 1911. There are more rounds available in pistols today but 20 children? Seriously? Are these crippled children, with sad little faces, holding puppies and all?

No. By your not so brilliant logic. Technology has changed from pencil and paper to emails and computers...we should change our free speech laws. Not gonna happen and if you and any nut case gun grabbing constitution hating jackasses manage to get a president or SC to pass an illegal law like that it will be ignored.Have fun locking up millions of people.

Gun laws HAVE changed.
When the 2A was drafted the citizenry had the same access to the same weaponry as our military.
That is no longer the case

How many would this guy killed with a gun.

London police treat knife attack as terrorist incident - CNN.com

But there is a bright side:

The defiant words shouted by an East Londoner at the knifeman involved in the terror attack at Leytonstone tube station last night have become an internet sensation.

'You ain't no Muslim bruv' hashtag has swept through social media, described as the 'perfect' London response to the atrocity.

During footage recorded of the standoff between the knifeman and police, the witness can be heard repeatedly yelling: 'You ain't no Muslim bruv!'

How many would this guy killed with a gun.

London police treat knife attack as terrorist incident - CNN.com

But there is a bright side:

The defiant words shouted by an East Londoner at the knifeman involved in the terror attack at Leytonstone tube station last night have become an internet sensation.

'You ain't no Muslim bruv' hashtag has swept through social media, described as the 'perfect' London response to the atrocity.

During footage recorded of the standoff between the knifeman and police, the witness can be heard repeatedly yelling: 'You ain't no Muslim bruv!'
Well, we need a billion more singing that tune, then it will mean something.

boy oh boy, guns have changed. LOL

not in the 60 years I've been around they haven't changed. these gun haters will say and do anything to STEP ON OTHERS second amendment rights.

so abortions have a changed, they have INCREASED. so I think it needs to be BANNDED. don't you all agree?

There are way too many gun laws that are infringing on the second. It's time to start throwing these laws out and off the books.

Or at least enforcing them.

assist in a straw purchase, go to jail.

Lie on a background check, go to jail.

Last edited:

And all of the guns you are saying are much more advanced are nothing but semiautomatic rifles

Remind me what year the 2nd amendment was written.

Doesn't matter.

After firearms like the Puckle Gun, or the Cookson or Kalthoff repeaters were invented.

and LONG after this one was invented.

(Detail of an 8-chambered matchlock revolver (Germany c. 1580))

Forum List

Back