Guns only in the home? This woman would likely disagree with that...after being raped by guy on electronic monitoring for sex assault.

A lot of .38's have 3 1/2 inch barrels. Between the short sight radius, and low muzzle velocity, i'm surprised people still use them. They are notoriously hard to aim.

She hit the dude with 5 shots.
I watched a gun shoot a deer 5 times, as it ran away. He never caught up to it. It probably took hours for it to bleed out in agony.

It's not how many times bullets, it's where.
The gun never caught up to the deer? That's sad, I hope the gun didn't starve to death.

People think target practice is hitting a stationary paper target, slow fire. But a real world situation things are moving. Which means practicing such a scenario.

The Air Marshal test requires you to shoot three targets from concealment while facing away from the target and pivoting 180 degrees in two opposite directions. And the Air Marshal test also requires that you do a reload when dropping to your knee to fire your shot.
Are you attempting to stumble upon some sort of POINT?

A lot of .38's have 3 1/2 inch barrels. Between the short sight radius, and low muzzle velocity, i'm surprised people still use them. They are notoriously hard to aim.

I watched a gun shoot a deer 5 times, as it ran away. He never caught up to it. It probably took hours for it to bleed out in agony.

So how do you know if the lousy shooter even hit the deer?

The gun never caught up to the deer? That's sad, I hope the gun didn't starve to death.

:auiqs.jpg:

1616953434171.png

You watched a gun shoot a deer?
That must have been cool as hell!!!! Where can I get one?!
Typo corrected.

But question not answered....how do you know your buddy,or you,even hit the deer?
You must be be one lousy shooter.
Ive never missed and the furthest I've ever had to track down a deer is around 40 yards and that was a through and through double lung shot with a .270

WTF does that have to do with this conversation?
People talk about the number of times police or individuals shot the criminals. Nothing about those shots being nowhere near a vital organ.

You shoot center mass....thats it.

Scharf also said it's important to note many shots fired by police miss the target. Avery said officers are generally trained to shoot people from a distance of 6-to-8 feet, so the chances of hitting the target are not high if the distance between the officer and subject extends farther.

There are untold crimes committed every day by convicted criminals who should be behind bars. We tend to wish some victims could have been armed but it's a poor argument for unrestricted forearms possession.

The woman tried to call 911, but Jackson allegedly grabbed her phone away and hit her in the face with it. Then, he forced her into an alley.

By the description of what happened, if she had a gun, just like if she had a phone, the guy would have taken it from her, and used it against her.

No....I first pointed out that equating her trying to use a cell phone vs. her using a gun were two entirely different things.....
He was able to overpower her, and when she reached for her phone, he was able to take her phone. I can see the same had she reached for her gun.

Except the criminal would have likely used the gun against her.
It takes less time to pull a trigger than it does to call 911. And you don't have to look at the gun.

And even then, the police are minutes away.

Yeah....Postman is never going to admit that fact....guns are not phones, and criminals run away from guns......

Americans use their legal guns, on average 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies and murder.....according to the Centers for Disease Control...and that was back in the 1990s...we have a lot more people carrying and owning guns now...

of those ...only about 235 criminals a year are stupid enough to continue attacking armed citizens......they end up dead.
Irrational gun-haters hate stories about people legally defending themselves with guns.

Forum List

Back