Had a new visitor on my front porch tonight.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20210907_183117.jpg
20210907_183153.jpg
20210907_183302.jpg

He had no fear of me getting right in his space

He was looking for Morty.

HaroldNews.jpg

He wanted to make love to him and eat his head.

Last edited:
I had an experience with one once. I was watering the plants. one was close by, it got somehow swet by the running water on the ground. It looked panicked as it was trying to hold on to something to take foot.

Once I took a notice, I immediately managed to get pointing finger under it and lifted it up out of the wet, and started looking at it and trying to find out if it was hurt. it was not as her little body looked like it was waterproof.
As it was standing with its little feet on my pointing finger facing me, it started to profusely bend over and back up again over and over and over, as if it was praying to me, and did not fly away at first. At the time I did not know it was called the praying mentis. I was elated by that little sight and started to wonder if it was trying to thank me for saving it. The mn that thought crossed my mind, only then, it took off in a nice little happy trajectory like a miniature biplane, flying away...

Oh, that was one of the cutest little experiences I have ever had with an insect... . And this one seemed to be a teenager or baby still because it was very small.
Later when I learned it was a praying mentis, I've realized it was just performing her little cute Act. What a delight it was.

Forum List

Back