Happiness in Islam

Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “True enrichment does not come through possessing a lot of wealth, but true enrichment is the enrichment of the soul.”
That's absolutely true! You can find so many unhappy rich people! :)

That must be why there is an entire chapter in the Quran called spoils of war ( surah 8 ) It says in surah 8 that one fifth of the spoils belong to Muhammad.

Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “True enrichment does not come through possessing a lot of wealth, but true enrichment is the enrichment of the soul.”
That's absolutely true! You can find so many unhappy rich people! :)

That must be why there is an entire chapter in the Quran called spoils of war ( surah 8 ) It says in surah 8 that one fifth of the spoils belong to Muhammad.
Oh really? I didn't know that! o_O

Your Creator is not a human being !

This ayah puts Christ-worshipers face to face with this clear fact in the hope that they will reason properly and bring themselves to understand things as they are. This is coupled with amazement that even after this exposition, they continue to reject the facts. The ayah describes both mother and son as people who ate ordinary food. This was a simple fact in the lives of Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) and his saintly mother.

"The Christ, son of Mary, was but an apostle: all [other] apostles had passed away before him; and his mother was one who never deviated from the truth; and they both ate food [like other mortals]. Look how We make clear to them the signs: and then behold how perverted are their minds! "(quran 5:75)

Eating food is a characteristic of living creatures which proves the humanity of Christ and his mother. Food is normally eaten to satisfy an undeniable physical need. Whoever needs to eat food in order to live cannot be a deity.

God’s life needs no food to support it because He lives and remains alive by Himself. He does not need to have any created thing like food to enter or leave his body. Limitless is He in His glory. This logic is so clear and powerful that no one can deny the fact it states. It is followed, therefore, by a condemnation of the Christians’ attitude in so far as they refuse to accept it.

Eating food is a characteristic of living creatures which proves the humanity of Christ and his mother. Food is normally eaten to satisfy an undeniable physical need. Whoever needs to eat food in order to live cannot be a deity.
Do you sit on the floor and eat with your hand from a common plate on the floor as well? Or is that only for real muslims?

Happiness is a Divine gift

It is not uncommon to see laborers who are so poor that whatever they earn on any given day is spent on that same day. Yet many of them are happy, peaceful, with strong hearts and tranquil souls. This is because they are too busy to think about yesterday or tomorrow. Their life-style has given them an appreciation of today since they have not been afforded the opportunity of thinking about anything else.

Compare these to those who live in mansions. Inactivity and free time have afforded them with plentiful time to think about their problems and their lack of purpose in life. Thus misery and worry afflict many of them day and night !

It is not uncommon to see laborers who are so poor that whatever they earn on any given day is spent on that same day. Yet many of them are happy, peaceful, with strong hearts and tranquil souls. This is because they are too busy to think about yesterday or tomorrow. Their life-style has given them an appreciation of today since they have not been afforded the opportunity of thinking about anything else.

Compare these to those who live in mansions. Inactivity and free time have afforded them with plentiful time to think about their problems and their lack of purpose in life. Thus misery and worry afflict many of them day and night !
So the only happy people are poor people? Ya, they just LOVE been poor. :cuckoo:

So the only happy people are poor people? Ya, they just LOVE been poor. :cuckoo:

Well if you can get poor people to think that poverty and suffering is a virtue, they are not likely to ever revolt....

Well if you can get poor people to think that poverty and suffering is a virtue, they are not likely to ever revolt....
I think the head chopping has taken care of that.

Yeah, those damn barbarians.

The free world has far more sophisticated ways of subjugating its people.

Ok, I'll bite, how am I subjugated? :popcorn:

In a land that legally protects religions of all types regardless of merit, ignorance is legitimized and even celebrated.

When the majority have gone insane in a democratic society, anyone who has miraculously remained sane will be subjugated marginalized and repressed by laws and customs imposed on them by the crazies.

How many cops in the past prayed to Jesus for protection before setting about cracking skulls of unarmed people demonstrating for peace,love, justice and equality? How many still do?

Have you never attended a graduation ceremony where everyone is called on to bow their heads and remain silent while blessings from the mangod are invoked? Even in government?

Did it not feel to you like an unwelcome mental assault?

And even if you objected wouldn't it seem to the believers that you have gone the way of the devil and needed to be taught the fear of the Lord by those who love Jesus so much, (to save your soul of course)?

Am I telling you something that you didn't already know?

Last edited:

In a land that legally protects religions of all types regardless of merit, ignorance is legitimized and even celebrated.

When the majority have gone insane in a democratic society, anyone who has miraculously remained sane will be subjugated marginalized and repressed by laws and customs imposed on them by the crazies.

How many cops in the past prayed to Jesus for protection before setting about cracking skulls of unarmed people demonstrating for peace,love, justice and equality? How many still do?

Have you never attended a graduation ceremony where everyone is called on to bow their heads and remain silent while blessings from the mangod are invoked? Even in government?

And even if you objected wouldn't it seem to the believers that you have gone the way of the devil and needed to be taught the fear of the Lord by those who love Jesus so much, (to save your soul of course)?

Ignorance is celebrated by the majority because that's all they have. :D

As for a graduation being a mental assault because someone thanked god? Brah, you need help for your paranoia.

As for a graduation being a mental assault because someone thanked god? Brah, you need help for your paranoia.

But you still didn't show my subjugation.

Its not about paranoia pal.

I just think its rather inconsiderate and an insulting affront to expect people to bow their heads while some godflesh peddling preacher calls on Jesus to bless a group of people of diverse beliefs that includes Jews and atheists....

You might as well have a witch doctor blessing them with chicken blood..

Would you bow your head in silent reverence while some grave robbing ghoul ate a little piece of your soul?

That sure would explain your lack of conviction.....

Last edited:

I just think its rather inconsiderate and an insulting affront to expect people to bow their heads while some godflesh peddling preacher calls on Jesus to bless a group of people of diverse beliefs that includes Jews and atheists....

Would you bow your head in silent reverence while some grave robbing ghoul ate a little piece of your soul?

I simply don't bow my head in those circumstances. Nobody's forcing you to. And doing so to show respect or whatever isn't the end of the world either. Like putting on a Jew doily when you go into a synagog, no biggie.

I simply don't bow my head in those circumstances. Nobody's forcing you to. And doing so to show respect or whatever isn't the end of the world either. Like putting on a Jew doily when you go into a synagog, no biggie.

I have no problem with wearing a doily if I went into a synagogue to show respect in their place. If a Jew lead a commencement speech and slaughtered a farm animal at my school it would be an affront to expect me to show respect to their superstition there.

I just think that wishful thinking in the form of appealing to a mangod for favors disrespects other people who do not believe and has no place in government or education, especially in a place of higher learning...

Would it be no biggie if a Muslim prayed for a blessing from mohammed to celebrate the accomplishment of your education?

Last edited:

I have no problem with wearing a doily if I went into a synagogue to show respect in their place. If a Jew lead a commencement speech and slaughtered a farm animal at my school it would be an affront to expect me to show respect to their superstition there.

I just think that wishful thinking in the form of appealing to a mangod for favors disrespects other people who do not believe and has no place in government or education, especially in a place of higher learning...

Would it be no biggie if a Muslim prayed for a blessing from mohammed to celebrate the accomplishment of your education?
If he wanted to do it 5 times a day, every day, sure. :D

If you accept and support the free expression of all religions you are in effect accepting and supporting fraud, mind control, deception, robbery, child abuse, intellectual murder and perpetuating evil in the world even and especially if you don't believe any of it.

Are you really like everyone else, scratching your head in bewilderment wondering why the world seems to have gone crazy....

If you accept and support the free expression of all religions you are in effect accepting and supporting fraud, mind control, deception, robbery, child abuse, intellectual murder and perpetuating evil in the world even and especially if you don't believe any of it.

Are you really like everyone else, scratching your head in bewilderment wondering why the world seems to have gone crazy....
Where did I say that I support the free expression of all religions? I don't. But a couple of years back, I also went to a graduation where the priest said whatever before the ceremony started. I managed not to shit my pants. But good thing YOU weren't there. :D

Forum List

Back