Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Have a beer and give the political theatrix a rest. In the end it doesn't matter.

Just just didn't like the French and their wine.

Actually, they France, Britain, and Spain all declared war on Mexico when they defaulted on some loans in 1861. Britain and Spain negotiated a settlement, but France and Napoleon III thought they could carve out some space for themselves and stuck around. The French sent 6,000 troops to attack Puebla de Los Angeles, in the Mexican state of Puebla. There they met strong resistance from 2,000 poorly equipped Mexican troops. The French retreated at then end of the day having lost about 500 men to 100 for Mexico. Not a strategic win, but was a huge psychological boost for the Mexicans. For the most part, Cinco de Mayo is celebrated in the state of Puebla and the U.S.

Mexican Independence Day is September 16 at it marks the day in 1810 that Father Hidalgo first made the argument for independence from Spain, which they won in 1821.

I know, more information than yo needed... but it's only this time of year I get to share this knowledge that is forever stuck in my head...

It's what everyone wants, another reason to get drunk, as if people needed a reason.

Oh yea, and celebrate the drug cartels of Mexico getting independence from France. Don't forget that part.

After all, we need more drugs than just alcohol to cope with Leftists running rampant all around us.
Just drink a margarita or a beer already and shut the fuck up.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Forum List

Back