Happy endings

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Far more end badly for the animals so thought I'd post two Happy Endings.

Story of How One Rescue Dog Became Man's a Best Friend
These Kittens Were Found in a Box in the Snow - Just in Time

Both are told in photos.

Living west of Tucson, I once found a box next to the road. It seemed to move as I drove by so I went back. It was duct-taped closed but there was one little paw sticking out, all but waving for help.

When I got it opened, I found three kittens. One was dead, probably from heat stroke, a miserable and violent way to die that his siblings had to witness inside that tiny box.

The other two survived and thrived.

Two years ago, while driving on a very remote back road, we found a tiny puppy. There was nothing around for miles so its very likely he had been dumped out there to slowly starve to death. Loaded with ticks, fleas and every internal parasite you can name, he was all but dead. Seriously. He hardly had the strength to stand and walk.

We rushed him to our vet who kept him overnight to stabilize him. He looked like a purebred rat terrier, cute as could be. Its amazing what a little decent nutrition and TLC will do and he thrived. We placed him in another home, something I've always regretted. He's doing well and we get photos of him but he was a real sweetheart and I wish we had kept him.

What makes people do these things?

Forum List

Back