Happy Joe McCarthy Day

I used to know an older lady who was secretary to Joe during the hearings. She said he was a nice man, and she never saw him drunk. That lady would not lie!

Maybe not but she wouldn't be very observant either.

From various accounts he was a nice man in person, but when the attention-whore red light went on he went ballistic. He lied and deceived his way into office; milked a drunken wartime prank shooting up coconut trees into a fake "tail gunner Joe" myth; forged his own CO's signature to acquire a military commendation; pulled out a bullshit "I have in my hand" list of a number of "security risks", the number of which list changed every time he was asked and the text of which he wouldn't show anybody.... the man was a con artist and liar, plain and simple. When he couldn't get the attention he was whoring for any more he drank himself to death hanging out at Urban van Susteren's house (Greta's dad), putting an appropriate selfish coda on a shabby infamy of a career.

Joe McCarthy: the father of American partisan hyperdivision and an Asshole in the first degree.

Fuck him very much. We should celebrate the day of his death in the same way we celebrate the elimination of smallpox.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back