Happy Mother's Day! #AllParentsMatter

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Consistent with the spirit of #AllLivesMatter, I ask why people celebrating father's day imply that mothers don't matter.
Shouldn't it be parents day? And In not even 100% in agreement with parents day because it implies that grandparents don't matter at all.

Consistent with the spirit of #AllLivesMatter, I ask why people celebrating father's day imply that mothers don't matter.
Shouldn't it be parents day? And In not even 100% in agreement with parents day because it implies that grandparents don't matter at all.
POWERFUL!!!!

Do you know your father?
I think he does
. luke-i-am-your-father-eat-your-salad.jpg

Thanks VERY much, pyetro! I'm not REALLY a mother, but I HAVE been CALLED a "motherf****r" at various points in my lifetime. This DOES keep me grounded! ON the ground, of course.

Do you have some issue with each parent having their own separate day to be honored?
Trivia: Julia Ward Howe was the originator of Mother's Day and president Woodrow Wilson (an ardent racist) proclaimed it a day of observance, 36 years later. It's originator, eventually said that she regretted creating it, as it came to be so commercialized.

Do you have some issue with each parent having their own separate day to be honored?
Trivia: Julia Ward Howe was the originator of Mother's Day and president Woodrow Wilson (an ardent racist) proclaimed it a day of observance, 36 years later. It's originator, eventually said that she regretted creating it, as it came to be so commercialized.
Why NOT?

You would have an argument if there weren't a Mother's day and a Grandparent's day. But there is so once again for you, it's a swing and a miss.

Black Lives Matter not only specifies one Race, it also specifies only those Black lives terminated by Police officers, a very narrow slice indeed. That's like having a Father's day but only for those who are at least seven feet tall.

You would have an argument if there weren't a Mother's day and a Grandparent's day. But there is so once again for you, it's a swing and a miss.

Black Lives Matter not only specifies one Race, it also specifies only those Black lives terminated by Police officers, a very narrow slice indeed. That's like having a Father's day but only for those who are at least seven feet tall.
THAT'S a FACT, Jack! I mean, Mike.

You sound like a person who doesn't already know that the month of May is when mothers have their day.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back