Hard to Believe This Happened 80 yrs. Ago

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
FANTASTIC NEWS VIDEO: 1932 - young Patton, young Eisenhower, Pres Hoover, Walter Winchell reporting.

I don't recall this from any history classes.

Do you think the military, acting on orders from a broken federal gov't, won't march against its own??

Hard to believe this happened 80 years ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sNOsIB5VMSQ]Bonus Army: US military attacks demonstrating American War Veterans - YouTube[/ame]

I recall that from history class, along with Hoover's failed economic policies.

Yes. It could happen again. I was amazed at the army marching right in like that! What footage!

A great video and thanks for posting! This was a perfect example of how right wing fascism was on the verge of overthrowing america.

Those 10's of thousands of american patriots fought valiantly for their country, then when they asked for the small benefits they were entitled for putting their lives on the line were welcomed by a republican president sending the troops and tanks on them.

Because of the republican greed, it caused the great depression with the rich being filthy rich while the working man was on the soup lines, this evil was thankfully stopped by the greatest president this nation has ever seen.

Last edited:
A great video and thanks for posting! This was a perfect example of how right wing fascism was on the verge of overthrowing america.

A republican president sending the troops on the hard working men that fought valiantly for their country, only told to go to hell when they got back, the rich were filthy rich while the working man was on the soup lines, this evil was thankfully stopped by the greatest president this nation has ever seen.

Yeah, Harding had some of the lowest UE rates in the history of our country... It took him 18 months to turn the depression around after a progressive fucked it up.

Of course then Hoover and FDR obliterated the economy again... fucking progressives... Some people never learn, thus giving us Bush and Obama and another holy shit wtf destroyed economy.

And it was Wilson you dumbass, a Democrat President...

Last edited:

A republican president sending the troops on the hard working men that fought valiantly for their country, only told to go to hell when they got back, the rich were filthy rich while the working man was on the soup lines, this evil was thankfully stopped by the greatest president this nation has ever seen.

Yeah, Harding had some of the lowest UE rates in the history of our country... It took him 18 months to turn the depression around after a progressive fucked it up.

Of course then Hoover and FDR obliterated the economy again... fucking progressives... Some people never learn, thus giving us Bush and Obama and another holy shit wtf destroyed economy.

Coolidge and Hoover, those right wing pieces of shit fucked up the economy you moron. You should thank the heavens we had a solid progressive like FDR in office when we did, otherwise we would be speaking german right now.

Last edited:

Coolidge and Hoover, those right wing pieces of shit fucked up the economy you moron. You should thank the heavens we had a solid progressive like FDR in office when we did, otherwise we would be speaking german right now.

HOW? Hoover was a Progressive liberal with an R next to his name. Coolidge had a stunningly awesome economy. SO HOW did he play a part in the great depression, that FDR was under all 3 terms.......

Your welcome but I have to give credit to my friend A. who emailed it to me. I will have to show him the responses that came in. He is kind of a history buff and told me he'd like others to see it. I thought, I can arrange that! lol! Won't he be surprised!

About the video - the last part is pretty scary if you ask me. They have their swords drawn out, hurling tear gas and setting fires. Yikes. I hope it never comes to that again here. - Jeri

And you think today's vets are getting a fair shake do ya? Some have to wait a year or more to get benefits.

FANTASTIC NEWS VIDEO: 1932 - young Patton, young Eisenhower, Pres Hoover, Walter Winchell reporting.

I don't recall this from any history classes.

Do you think the military, acting on orders from a broken federal gov't, won't march against its own??

Hard to believe this happened 80 years ago.

Bonus Army: US military attacks demonstrating American War Veterans - YouTube

didn't learn about that in school, learned about it from watching documentaries on the great depression.

Hoover SPECIFICALLY ordered MacArthur to NOT enter the city to not cross into the tent city and to take no physical action against any but the violent prone near the White House.

If you are going to give us a History lesson at least get it right.

Hoover SPECIFICALLY ordered MacArthur to NOT enter the city to not cross into the tent city and to take no physical action against any but the violent prone near the White House.

If you are going to give us a History lesson at least get it right.

I believe they did cover that specifically in the video, Sgt.

What the video failed to mention "In the melee, more than 100 veterans were injured and a three-month-old baby died from tear gas inhalation."

For those who think our military will not march against the citizens of the USA, they already have, what on earth makes anyone think they won't do it again?

And you think today's vets are getting a fair shake do ya? Some have to wait a year or more to get benefits.

I believe our veterans deserve the very best. Waiting a year for benefits is unacceptable in my opinion. - J.

What the video failed to mention "In the melee, more than 100 veterans were injured and a three-month-old baby died from tear gas inhalation."

For those who think our military will not march against the citizens of the USA, they already have, what on earth makes anyone think they won't do it again?

Thank you for sharing that. I didn't know anything about the story before today. It was definitely a very violent scene - you can sense that when you are watching it.

Forum List

Back