Harris/Walz Rally in Philadelphia Live

The difference between a Harris rally and a Trump rally is that a Harris rally is pull of positive energy and optimism while a Trump rally reeks of negativism and pessimism. Give me a rally when you leave feeling good as opposed to one where you leave angry at yourself, your neighbor and the world.

That was not the dystopian America that Trump/Vance want to paint. That was an America of optimism, hope, love, inspiration, belief in possibilities, progress and achievement.

Walz was a wise choice. Better than "a moderate." Jim Hightower explains:
In 2006, I went Walzing across southern Minnesota in support of a “nobody” named Tim Walz. At the time, he was running an upstart, underdog congressional campaign as a plain-spoken progressive populist in what was then considered a solid-red rural district. He didn’t have a chance against the lobbyist-funded, Bush-backed GOP incumbent.

Except… Tim won! He did it the new “old-fashioned” way: By being himself, appealing directly to working class families, unabashedly confronting corporate power, and rallying volunteers in a door-to-door grassroots campaign.

Some Minnesota friends asked me to do a bit of stumping with him, and it was both exciting and great fun to team up with such a genuine, down-home Democrat. I later learned that while he was a first-time candidate, he came prepared—he had honed his political organizing knowledge by going through Camp Wellstone.

That was the unique, highly-effective, how-to school for progressive candidates and activists, created by the family and staff of my friend Paul Wellstone

{...}

Walz is not a pig in a poke, but a proven progressive in his years as a lawmaker and governor. Dare we risk being enthusiastic, rallying to push the democratic values and political potential of the Harris-Walz ticket?

Yes.

Forum List

Back