Has anyone ever lived or been in Guam?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
One of my suppliers moved there about 4 years ago to start a bar/restaurant. Today he called me with an offer. Said he has become good friends with a couple Japanese investors that are building large hotels on the island.
They are not happy with the local help they've had on past projects and I wanted Dan to reach out to contractors from the states.

They are offering 200 per day perdium plus 25 per hour. Says the work will last 2 to 3 years. I've looked online for rentals but don't know if I trust what im reading.

Im reading rentals go for 1k on up for a 3 bedroom but that is WITHOUT a generator.

Any info would be appreciated cause im less inclined to take my buddies word for it as im sure he has some kind of monetary bonus coming for getting American help.

I lived on Okinawa and it's very similar. I would go in a heart beat if you can stand hot and humid weather.

Why do all the rental adds comment on generators? Is electeicity that unreliable or is it storm related?

Just go. Worry about the details later. :D
G'luck. :thup:

If I was a few years younger I would without question. But now I get about 90% of my business from angieslist.com. If I leave for that amount of time I would drop like a rock on the list. It would take years to regain my standing. IF I came back. At 45 years old im nervous about major changes without a long term plan.

Then again umbrellas in every drink and girls with natural tans is really inviting.

Anyone?

The Dallas locations just opened but I decided I don't want to live down there.

Denver has two locations that open Sept 1st. Very tempting

Then this....paradise, tan ladies, beaches, tropical setting etc. Kinda compensates for slightly lower wages. Although I just got off the phone and found out they are also offering an open ended ticket and housing. Job would include oil platforms and cruise ships.

I almost can't contain myself. The perdium amount is now in question though. Waiting to get details on the investors and generals. Only thing I know is they are from Japan and are touted as the largest interior contractors in the world. Waiting on specifics that I can research but any knowledge about the area would be great.

Hold yer drawers and wait until you get more info on the guys in Japan. If they seem legit and pay on time and you feel they are trustworthy to work for....then I'd say go for it IF you have an adventurous spirit.
Write out the pros and cons and see which one outweighs the other.

Be cautious. Like you said..you have a lot to lose on such a gamble. Weigh all options before you act. If it looks good, then go and experience something new while you can and make money at the same time. Go with your gut.

And thanks, Gramps!

Anyone?

The Dallas locations just opened but I decided I don't want to live down there.

Denver has two locations that open Sept 1st. Very tempting

Then this....paradise, tan ladies, beaches, tropical setting etc. Kinda compensates for slightly lower wages. Although I just got off the phone and found out they are also offering an open ended ticket and housing. Job would include oil platforms and cruise ships.

I almost can't contain myself. The perdium amount is now in question though. Waiting to get details on the investors and generals. Only thing I know is they are from Japan and are touted as the largest interior contractors in the world. Waiting on specifics that I can research but any knowledge about the area would be great.

I have friends who lived in Guam. He worked for the FAA.
The generator has to do with poor infrastructure and timed power outages.
Oh she mentioned lots of free roaming dogs that people abandoned.

I can't find anything quick and specific except for this blog, lol
Guam buildup to happen more slowly

Forum List

Back