Debate Now Has Anyone Tried an Invite Only Thread ?

HikerGuy83

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2021
I saw this and started reading some of the threads on here. I didn't find one.

Has anyone tried to use the "Invite Only Format" for a thread ?

Just curious.

Well, I didn't look far enough down.

I see a couple of them.

This forum isn't all the utilized (a shame).

I was thinking I'd give it a try.

I've used it a few times, the last time however, some of the people who weren't invited complained & got it shutdown.

I thought that was the idea.....

If you were not invited, you don't post.

If you post, you get consequences.

I thought that was the idea.....

If you were not invited, you don't post.

If you post, you get consequences.
They weren't invited, they started their own threads complaining about mine and trolled it to the point that the moderators instead of enforcing the rules and thread banning the offenders, shut down my thread altogether - on three different occasions if I recall correctly.

So no, it didn't work the way it should have.

Here's an example of one that did work:
An Informal Debate on Race Relations in the United States Including Its History

They weren't invited, they started their own threads complaining about mine and trolled it to the point that the moderators instead of enforcing the rules and thread banning the offenders, shut down my thread altogether - on three different occasions if I recall correctly.

So no, it didn't work the way it should have.

Here's an example of one that did work:
An Informal Debate on Race Relations in the United States Including Its History
Who did you invite to your anti-white hate fest, anyway?

I personally don't like the idea of "invite only" threads. Honestly I didn't know that feature even existed.

Why ?

The concept allows a poster to select those he thinks will participate in a way consistent with whatever he or she is looking for.

Given the number of "drive by" turd droppers there are on this forum, I can't imagine why more are not using it.

Why don't you put that silly statement up in the Bull Ring and try to defend it.

This should be rich.

Why don't you put that silly statement up in the Bull Ring and try to defend it.

This should be rich.
I stated my opinion in this thread. If you hold a different opinion, let's hear it.
By definition, opinions need no defense.
If you lack the ability to state your (differing) opinion coherently and without rancor, perhaps this is not the section of the board for you.
Alternatively, you are always free to start your own thread in the bullshits ring and bicker to your hearts content.
Have a great day!

I stated my opinion in this thread. If you hold a different opinion, let's hear it.
By definition, opinions need no defense.
If you lack the ability to state your (differing) opinion coherently and without rancor, perhaps this is not the section of the board for you.
Alternatively, you are always free to start your own thread in the bullshits ring and bicker to your hearts content.
Have a great day!

It's supposed to be a "STRUCTURED DEBATE" forum.

You ever judge debate ? Opinions are worth zero to an argument.

One had to wonder what kind of conclusion can be drawn from your silly post.

People who can't follow guidelines or intent are stupid or intellectually lazy.

You care not following guidelines or intent.

Therefore........

Furthermore, I don't see that I quoted you when I put up my post.

How are you sure I was pointing at you ?

You are not.

Strike six.

Forum List

Back