Has your job affected your health

My work is mentally and physically challenging building custom homes around a million bucks.
Complicated floor plans, time schedules, heavy demanding work that punishes the body, extremes of heat in summer or bitter cold in winter, and generally not trying to get injured or fall while simultaneously shitting your pants at some crazy heights and steep angles trying to finish a roof.

At the same time I am in far better shape and am more agile than my old school mates who are in their late fifties, two of who just died in the last year due to heart issues.
Guess I will be happy to live with the sore back, knees and daily aches.

Weed helps.

Not physically no.
Stressful yes but only when I was running NASA parts.
Those fuckers wouldnt let the smallest thing pass even if it didnt change functionality.
A simple bevel thats was .003 out of tolerance....rejected.

I can see why men die earlier than women

Seems that being able to handle mental stress is as big as smarts

Because women don't work, or what?

I have been a teacher for nearly 30 years. That's not work?

Not physically no.
Stressful yes but only when I was running NASA parts.
Those fuckers wouldnt let the smallest thing pass even if it didnt change functionality.
A simple bevel thats was .003 out of tolerance....rejected.
For years I had a seriously demanding schedule that started at 4am and sometimes didn't let up until midnight, 7 days a week. It was the most satisfying time of my life.
140 hours a week ???

That is insane

I can see why men die earlier than women

Seems that being able to handle mental stress is as big as smarts
The mental stress you endure is from your own making.

Let say you have six million dollars and can issue yourself ten grand a month, so you should live easily anywhere in the World and in some parts like a King.

So once again:

1. Sell the Business.

2. Move to the Philippines..

3. Find a young piece of ass to live with…

4. Open a Bar….

5. Live on the Beach…..

You do this life will be a lot easier I tell ya!

Forum List

Back