🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hats Off To Atheists

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's an old saying that everything has a purpose and a reason for being. I have finally discovered what atheists are good for:

With Christmas and the celebration of our Lord and Savior on December 25, it is my understanding that atheists all over the world are stepping forward and offering to work that one day to allow a Christian time off. I submit this is a very admirable and unselfish act these folks are performing.

There's an old saying that everything has a purpose and a reason for being. I have finally discovered what atheists are good for:

With Christmas and the celebration of our Lord and Savior on December 25, it is my understanding that atheists all over the world are stepping forward and offering to work that one day to allow a Christian time off. I submit this is a very admirable and unselfish act these folks are performing.

Hell with that bullshit

I aint working Christmas...that is when I celebrate Santas Birthday

I used to work in a hotel a very long time ago. I remember gaining the insight then that the innkeeper that gave the stable for Jesus to be born in was working on Christmas day. Health professionals, soldiers and all sorts of other useful or helpful people will work over Christmas and many of those people may also be Christians. But thanks for your post which made me laugh and spread a little joy this Christmas time.

Hell with that bullshit

I aint working Christmas...that is when I celebrate Santas Birthday

It appears I made a horrible mistake and need to correct my error. From the responses, I must conclude that there actually is no purpose for the existence of atheists.

Like Christmas has anything to do with Jesus for 75% of people who enjoy this holiday.
Christians ruin Christmas for everyone else
Poor Santa. Christians won't let him celebrate his birthday without getting pissy.

Christians try to ruin Christmas for everyone else with ths baby Jesus stuff

Take the toys away from the kids and tell them they have to go to church. Christmas is about TOYS. Cant Christians figure that out?

Like Christmas has anything to do with Jesus for 75% of people who enjoy this holiday.
Poor Santa. Christians won't let him celebrate his birthday without getting pissy.

Take the toys away from the kids and tell them they have to go to church. Christmas is about TOYS. Cant Christians figure that out?

Actually, it is a Christian holiday - not an atheist holiday. Why can't you atheists have your own holiday or is Halloween your holiday?

Thankfully that doesn't come in to play with regards to my current employment situation, but I often worked the holidays when I fought fires and oftentimes colleagues were able to spend more time on the dates with their families.

:eusa_think: Never gave much thought to religion though... it was the guys and gals with little kids I that really enjoyed covering for.​

The contract calls for a specified number of 'holidays'. December 25th and January 1st might as well be two of them.

Just don't fuck with the 4th of July.​

Who cares if someone wants to take their (insert your preferred Deity here) given day off from work and spend it in church?

Isn't that the reason for The 4th of July? So we'd all have the right to pick our holiday activities in the privacy of our own hearts?

I figure that it is my duty as a good American to do my grocery shopping on Christmas afternoon, if I can find a store open. I figure that I am doing my job, keeping our economy running, while Christians stay home and bicker with their relatives over the holiday dinner about baggage they have been carrying about each other since they were preteen siblings.

I figure that it is my duty as a good American to do my grocery shopping on Christmas afternoon, if I can find a store open. I figure that I am doing my job, keeping our economy running, while Christians stay home and bicker with their relatives over the holiday dinner about baggage they have been carrying about each other since they were preteen siblings.

Just like they keep things going while I'm burning one at Burning Man.

:smoke:

Just like they keep things going while I'm burning one at Burning Man.

:smoke:

My daughter went last year. She had some pretty weird reports to tell me....

Actually, it is a Christian holiday - not an atheist holiday. Why can't you atheists have your own holiday or is Halloween your holiday?
Nonsense.

Christmas was a pagan and secular holiday long before Christians misappropriated it. Non-Christians and those free from faith are at liberty to celebrate the Winter Solstice.

Forum List

Back