Hawai, do i bring a sword when someone has a knife? Hawai's weapons laws

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020

This case might be a little old, but i think a city prosecutor said if a criminal is armed with a knife, then someone has to bring a knife and not use a gun otherwise it can be seen as a escalation of force.

I wonder if it would be ok to bring a Samurai sword when a intruder approaches with a knife or would that been seen as a escalation of force.?

The left wants to ensure that it's a "fair fight" with each having an "equal opportunity" to die.
It's all about equality. In the future, the police will be provided with an ample variety of potential weapons to be kept in the rear of their vehicles. Depending upon what weapon the perpetrator possesses, the officer must arm him/her/itself with a similar weapon.....and may the best human win. Las Vegas will open betting pools on winners and losers of the confrontations.

I was stationed at Sand Island Coast Guard base back in the seventies. A new shipmate from New Mexico bought a pickup truck, put a gun rack and gun in the rear window, and drove off base. The captain of the 378 cutter we were stationed on had to go get him out of jail. My shipmate found out that things are a bit different in Hawaii than they are in New Mexico.

This case might be a little old, but i think a city prosecutor said if a criminal is armed with a knife, then someone has to bring a knife and not use a gun otherwise it can be seen as a escalation of force.

I wonder if it would be ok to bring a Samurai sword when a intruder approaches with a knife or would that been seen as a escalation of force.?
...if his life/property was not in danger, he should not have shot.....not enough details in the story....
..do you have links about what a city prosecutor said? where's the law saying you can't be armed with a pistol when confronting someone with a knife?...
..I think the term is = you can only use the amount of force necessary

Democrats do not want criminals to die -- need to protect that voter base, see...

...if his life/property was not in danger, he should not have shot.....not enough details in the story....
..do you have links about what a city prosecutor said? where's the law saying you can't be armed with a pistol when confronting someone with a knife?...

What the city prosecutor said was in a Hawai'i crimestoppers facebook group.

I think this guy is going to prison.

You can't shoot someone for "not following your order to leave your property."

That will get you a murder charge in every state.

If an individual is threatening you with a knife and you have a firearm, the knife-holder is still extremely lethal, that is why the police are judged to have committed an authorized act when shooting hostile people approaching them with knives. As long as the person doesn't advance on them, they will just keep yelling at him/her/it until either the person puts it down, or they "taser" the person.
You are apparently unaware of the "21ft. rule," when it comes to a dangerous person with a knife. Time and again, it has been shown that someone armed with a knife, can run at and be on you from a distance of 21 feet in 1.5 seconds. That means you have 1.5 seconds to react. Do some basic research and if you still think I'm full of it, go to a toy store and purchase two items:
1. A rubber knife.
2. A toy dart gun (the type with the suction tipped rubber darts).
Measure out 21 feet and have someone (healthy, not wheelchair bound or very elderly), charge at you with the rubber knife. You will be surprised how fast a person can close that distance.
So....a person armed with a knife is indeed a lethal threat and you have to be prepared to act instantly, should the person run at you. It would be nice if you had a taser to use first, but should that be ineffective, as some are, depending upon how "hyped up" they are, a firearm is a good back up.

If an individual is threatening you with a knife and you have a firearm, the knife-holder is still extremely lethal, that is why the police are judged to have committed an authorized act when shooting hostile people approaching them with knives. As long as the person doesn't advance on them, they will just keep yelling at him/her/it until either the person puts it down, or they "taser" the person.
You are apparently unaware of the "21ft. rule," when it comes to a dangerous person with a knife. Time and again, it has been shown that someone armed with a knife, can run at and be on you from a distance of 21 feet in 1.5 seconds. That means you have 1.5 seconds to react. Do some basic research and if you still think I'm full of it, go to a toy store and purchase two items:
1. A rubber knife.
2. A toy dart gun (the type with the suction tipped rubber darts).
Measure out 21 feet and have someone (healthy, not wheelchair bound or very elderly), charge at you with the rubber knife. You will be surprised how fast a person can close that distance.
So....a person armed with a knife is indeed a lethal threat and you have to be prepared to act instantly, should the person run at you. It would be nice if you had a taser to use first, but should that be ineffective, as some are, depending upon how "hyped up" they are, a firearm is a good back up.
you are, apparently, [hahahahhahah] not understanding my post:
1. you can defend yourself with a firearm, any time
2. read my post again--it says there are not enough details
if they are not a threat, you CAN'T legally shoot them --plain-simple-undeniable

Alleged Hawaii native Barry Hussein Obama once quipped at a Philadelphia fund raiser, "if they bring a knife to the fight we will bring a gun". He was never criticized for the reckless statement by the fawning media but it illustrates the hypocrisy in the anti-2nd Amendment democrat party.

Forum List

Back