Hawaii: Firearm Applicants need Doctor's Clearance to Carry ....yet another fascist scam

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
Gun permit applicants denied over medical dispute

HPD officers are now handing out a memo to gun permit applicants that states a doctor must sign a note on official letterhead stating the individual "shall own, possess, or control any firearm or ammunition and has been medically documented to be no longer adversely affected by the addiction, abuse, dependence, mental disease, disorder or defect".

Of course the criminal element is excluded.

HPD officers are now handing out a memo to gun permit applicants that states a doctor must sign a note on official letterhead stating the individual "shall own, possess, or control any firearm or ammunition and has been medically documented to be no longer adversely affected by the addiction, abuse, dependence, mental disease, disorder or defect".

Finnaly a state following the 1968 gun law.

If you don't like the 68 gun law either get rid of it, amend it or enforce it.

What part of the GCA mandates a doctor's signature?
The measure is clearly unconstitutional.

Yea I know, just tired of that law, that some enforce, some states outright ignore or turn a blind eye to.

Yea I know, just tired of that law, that some enforce, some states outright ignore or turn a blind eye to.
Please detail which states ignore which parts of the law.

The "criminal element" already exists in law in the form of background checks.

I like this idea. It's a creative solution.

"We need to do somthing about the mentally ill". Well this is somthing !

The 1968 "law" is a bold face USURPATION and of course is no law. Hopefully Hawaiians will find a way to circumvent the tyrannical edict.

I'm pretty sure the Constitution doesn't read, "...the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...unless someone can't get a doctor's note."

Adjudicate as mentally incompetent or convicted of a crime. Everyone gets a day in court before they get their rights taken away.

I'm pretty sure the Constitution doesn't read, "...the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...unless someone can't get a doctor's note."

Adjudicate as mentally incompetent or convicted of a crime. Everyone gets a day in court before they get their rights taken away.

Well Hawaii is a liberal mecca from what I understand. But it's only a matter of time before somebody takes it to court to have it overturned.

Why would anybody need to carry a gun in Hawaii anyway?

HUH?

Do the criminals in Hawaii stay away from victims who are disarmed?

Or

Will they wait until the gendarmes arrive at the the scene before they open fire?

tina-fey.jpg

HUH?

Or

Will they wait until the gendarmes arrive at the the scene before they open fire?

tina-fey.jpg

It's just the question of how much crime is there in Hawaii for crying out loud? Detroit, here in Cleveland, Chicago, sure, carrying a firearm is almost a must in some places. I usually don't carry mine during the day, but if I have to go out at night, my gun is with me.

HUH?

Or

tina-fey.jpg

It's just the question of how much crime is there in Hawaii for crying out loud? Detroit, here in Cleveland, Chicago, sure, carrying a firearm is almost a must in some places. I usually don't carry mine during the day, but if I have to go out at night, my gun is with me.

"This island is like a rock, No one gets on or off until we catch this guy."

Steve McGarret
Hawaii Five O - Original Series

I liked Jack Lord , but even if he caught the guy , the victim was dead.

Is stopping crazy people from getting a gun such an outrage !?

The liberal fanatics are desperate to keep people believing that government is allowed to have any say in who is allowed own a gun.

Despite the 2nd amendment clearly banning govt from having any such say.

The liberal fanatics are desperate to keep people believing that government is allowed to have any say in who is allowed own a gun.

Despite the 2nd amendment clearly banning govt from having any such say.
IM OK with the idea that states CAN impose stricter measures. I think those measures are worthless of course. Im just wondering where in the GCA, which I am very familiar with, it says states have to do anything.

registering Muslims opens the door for all types of registering. If one is ok get ready for more.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back