Hawaii Volcano creates mile of new land!

Personally a bit sad for me. When I stayed on the BI for a month, I used to walk up and down that little coastal road to Kapoho Bay (the jagged coastal scenery was beyond description so I won't even try). It was just a pleasant, chilled-out rural neighborhood, and now all of it is buried/cremated under lava. I wonder if it's reached the adjoining Opihikao Rd. (where my little jungle cabin was located). It will if it hasn't already.

Personally a bit sad for me. When I stayed on the BI for a month, I used to walk up and down that little coastal road to Kapoho Bay (the jagged coastal scenery was beyond description so I won't even try). It was just a pleasant, chilled-out rural neighborhood, and now all of it is buried/cremated under lava. I wonder if it's reached the adjoining Opihikao Rd. (where my little jungle cabin was located). It will if it hasn't already.

the sheep even after all these decades of predictions saying california will go off into the ocean next year incredibly STILL believe that,they got the wrong state,it wont be california that vanishs,if any,it will be hawaill.

the sheep even after all these decades of predictions saying california will go off into the ocean next year incredibly STILL believe that,they got the wrong state,it wont be california that vanishs,if any,it will be hawaill.

No, Hawaii won't vanish either. The Big Island is still being born and going through birth contractions; all this lava keeps adding more and more lava landfill to the island's mass and it's still growing larger literally by the day. In a million years these new giant lava fields will become gorgeous tropical jungles. Pacific islands form so violently that what you are seeing in Hawaii is actually violent creation, not violent destruction. Even if it doesn't seem like it at first glance, this is the perfectly normal way in which these islands are created.

I've always wondered, do people in the southern 1/3 of the Big Island even have homeowners insurance? I honestly don't know. Because I can't imagine an insurance company suicidally stupid enough to cover homes in the most geologically violent spot on the surface of this planet.

Forum List

Back