He is right, war should be the last resort, not a welfare scheme for the arms industry

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
“War should be in my view, the last resort of a great nation. We should explore every other option -- and I know that opens up the political types: ‘Oh, you’re wimpy. You don’t want to go to war.’ Well, I don’t accept that. I’ve talked to too many people who came home without legs, without eyesight, with traumatic brain injury,” he said in an interview with the Des Moines Register.

Bernie Sanders details views on war, Iran nuclear deal

Sanders also cares deeply for military veterans and has spent much of his legislative career fighting for better health care, jobs and educational opportunities for veterans. As chairman of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee last year, he brokered a bipartisan deal to pass a bill allocating $17 billion to reform the VA health care system and reduce backlogs at VA hospitals (though veterans continue to experience severe delays in receiving care).

Bernie Sanders Had A Great Response To War Hawks

EXACTLY!!!

benson.gif

Goes without saying. But sometimes its necessary. Unfortunately some filthy companies see it as a business opportunity.

Goes without saying. But sometimes its necessary. Unfortunately some filthy companies see it as a business opportunity.

the fact that war sometimes incidentally leads to "business opportunities" is not
sufficient evidence to indict industry
"sometimes"? ROFL

when does war not benefit arms manufacturers hon? They are also guaranteed payment no matter the outcome of your *cough* wars

warforprofit.jpg

the fact that war sometimes incidentally leads to "business opportunities" is not
"sometimes"? ROFL

when does war not benefit arms manufacturers hon?

When does handing out someone else's money not benefit the one who takes it and hands it out?

Bernie is the only democrook not thoroughly corrupted and owned by corporate donors. That fact and the fact that hitlary is still leading in the polls is mind blowing. If the GOP were to nominate one of the establishment stooges and Bernie maganged to be the democrook nominee I'd probably vote democrook for the first time in my life.

It's nice that guano found a white guy who doesn't want to disarm the public that he actually likes.

"sometimes"? ROFL

when does war not benefit arms manufacturers hon? They are also guaranteed payment no matter the outcome of your *cough* wars

warforprofit.jpg

arms people do not need a war in Syria in order to sell weapons. The market is always brisk

"sometimes"? ROFL

warforprofit.jpg

arms people do not need a war in Syria in order to sell weapons. The market is always brisk
like w/ israel right?

“War should be in my view, the last resort of a great nation. We should explore every other option..."
Sanders is correct... so long as that exploration does not lead to Analysis Paralysis... and so long as a 'great nation' is willing to 'pull the trigger' when all else fails.

"sometimes"? ROFL

warforprofit.jpg

like w/ israel right?

like w/ Israel ----what? the armament market? a drop in the bucket---
but every drop does count

"sometimes"? ROFL

warforprofit.jpg

like w/ israel right?

drop in the bucket? how much of the arms exports of the US does $2 billion represent

"sometimes"? ROFL

warforprofit.jpg

like w/ israel right?

drop in the bucket? how much of the arms exports of the US does $2 billion represent

I have no idea-------as RONALD REAGAN said-------"I did not major in economic
in college"------ask me about embryogenesis

Why the left attacks high paying private sector Union jobs where they get their funding from is always a mystery to me....

"sometimes"? ROFL

warforprofit.jpg

like w/ israel right?

I have no idea-------as RONALD REAGAN said-------"I did not major in economic
in college"------ask me about embryogenesis
how convenient of you not to know YET you made the previous declarative statement- " a drop in the bucket---". I believe a retraction is in order IF you have any sense of honor

Forum List

Back