He Talk Like a White Boy

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
1. In eighth grade English class, 1974, after I gave what must have been a brilliant and insightful observation, a black girl across the room raised her hand, and announced to the class, “He talk like a white boy!”

2. What did LaQueesha mean? That is spoke clearly? Intelligently? That some timbre was missing from my voice? That moment was the beginning of my life.

3. It was suddenly clear that my definition of my black self was unimportant: my membership credentials to the brotherhood were confiscated and ripped to shreds. The way I spoke, the sound of my voice, my diction, clearly meant that I was trying to be something I wasn’t. I was an outsider.

a. I’ve written a column for several years. The emails included lots of polite comments….as well as “your thoughts are dangerous to black people,”…”Stepin Fetchit,”…”Sambo/Uncle Tom,”…”you’re betraying the race,”…et.cetra.

b. My sister, Lisa, whom I love dearly, tells me, “I’m ashamed to tell people that my little brother is a Republican.” We have another sister how has been a drug addict, a lesbian for a time, in and out of mental hospitals, chased by debt collectors….but Lisa never said “I’m ashamed of you.”

4. All because they perceive a lack of adherence to their definition of blackness. Witness the treatment of Ward Connerly, the University of California regent and author of Prop 209 outlawing affirmative action in California. For daring to question the morality of affirmative action quotas an insisting that black children are capable of competing with white children, Connerly was called everything but a child of God.

5. When John McWhorter, former linguistics professor at Berkeley, a black man, wrote “Losing the Race: Self-Sabotage in Black America,” the NYTimes review claimed he wasn’t black enough to write about black people with authority. Another professor called him a “rent-a-Negro.” Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell, economists, have argued that the black middle class did not spring from affirmative action or the welfare state, are routinely ignored by the mainstream press, and miraculously left out of a list of public intellectuals compiled by ‘race expert’ Michael Eric Dyson in his “Race Rules.” Need we even begin to address the black community’s ostracizing of Justice Clarence Thomas?

a. The epitome of such thinking appeared when Justice Thomas was asked to speak to an elementary school in D.C. The invitation was rescinded when a number of the parents objected that he was not a proper role model. The school has no such complaints when they invited the crack-addicted, philandering former mayor Marion Barry.

6. What remains unclear is who anointed these folks with the right to stand at the door checking ideological credentials and confiscating the cultural membership cards of those who refuse to hoe rows on the liberal plantation?

7. Ironically, these gatekeepers use the same tool used by those they call oppressors: they define those who view the world with different eyes as “less than,” and the accusation is enough evidence of its veracity.

8. This is not to say that these self-appointed judges don’t hold a potent and painful weapon. The threat of banishment, of being “put on silence” and marginalized cannot be underestimated. All people search for a sense of belonging and the menace of being on the outside is often much more frightening than being deemed “that which is not.”
The above from Joseph C. Phillips' book, “He Talk Like a White Boy.”

9. People desperate for a badge of identity are highly susceptible to groupthink, in fierce need of a ‘guide,’ and, so, the “foolish, ignorant, and envious persons are freed from the sense of their insignificance and powerlessness.”
Le Bon, “The Crowd: A Study of The Popular Mind,” p.22.

a. For insight into the incentive of the bullying behavior that is a hallmark of liberal behavior one needs to review the work of The American Sociological Review, which reported that the bullies are not at the top of the popularity-heap, and see bullying as the way to increase their social status. Bullying behavior is correlated with “how much the student cares about being popular.”
Web of Popularity, Achieved by Bullying - NYTimes.com

'Liberals speak out with the fatuous lunacy of people in the old Soviet Union, passing out awards to one another for imaginary heroism and denouncing others for class crimes.' Coulter, “Demonic,” chapter 14.

Hard to imagine anyone having a more difficult time than a black conservative.

Hard to imagine anyone having a more difficult time than a black conservative.

Oh, please. Like the persecution isn't self-induced. LOL

You mean by refusing to march in the lock-step Liberal fashion?

Choosing to be a thinking, confident human being?

Carrying on as though he had the same rights as anyone else?

Can you imagine the gall??

Just sit back and watch what the left - most notably blacks - start to say about the good Dr. Ben Carson in the days ahead. That guy don't definitely talk right for them, so it'll be the usual frontal assault on every aspect of the man's character and everything else. And this guy really deserves it too because he's not just a House Nigra rockin' the boat this time. Heck no. This one's done made it all the way to an Operating Room Nigra, so he clearly needs to resemble the remains of a Thomson's Gazelle among a pride of ravenous lions a.s.a.p.

Stay tuned...

the party that can gleen only a single digit level of the vote of people of color in this coluntry shows you why everyone knows your a racist party

you are either with us or against us.

That is your republican party.

Locked step is when you trash your most popular member because he was nice to the president instead of rude

Acts of conscience should not induce persecution, when they do, it is an indicator of gross injustice.

you are either with us or against us.

That is your republican party.

Locked step is when you trash your most popular member because he was nice to the president instead of rude

Name three things the Democrats offer blacks that Republicans don't.

the party that can gleen only a single digit level of the vote of people of color in this coluntry shows you why everyone knows your a racist party

Either that, or the opposition has bought and paid for the Minority support, which leads to the question, At What cost? Clearly, nothing has been fixed, in generations, the problems have only grown worst. What exactly is it you are selling again? Hate? Division? Misery? How's that working?

Or it shows that black Democrats are racist and won't vote for anyone who doesn't bleat on and on about how racist white people are... Perhaps it's time for women and minorities who won't vote for Republicans to check the mirror for bigotry before looking around at others...

yeah its all those black voters who ruin your world huh?

raicist saying racist things.

gee what a surprize

Either that, or the opposition has bought and paid for the Minority support, which leads to the question, At What cost? Clearly, nothing has been fixed, in generations, the problems have only grown worst. What exactly is it you are selling again? Hate? Division? Misery? How's that working?

so black peopele can be bought?

Your a racist too

Your party will NEVER get the votes of people of color.

You hate them and your answers here show it clearly

the only way for the republican party to gain votes of color is to stop courting the raicst vote and change all your historically failed ideas.

When Rience Prebus sends all that money into the neighborhoods of color trying to win votes you will no longer be so confused as to why you party is so hated.

Its going to be fun to see

Blacks have soo brain washed and traumatized by the decades of the liberal/progressive agenda.

They don't realize they are basically slaves on a democratic plantation with white liberals as their slave masters. ..... :cool:

so black peopele can be bought?

Your a racist too

It occurs to me that I'd be remiss not to thank you for your inspiration and support.

It was your post, in response to mine, in which you wrote '...your racism is duly noted...' that gave me idea to for this and several OPs to follow.

I plan on constructing several based on the writing of blacks from the correct side of the political divide....you know, folks like Joseph C. Phillips.

I hope you'll read same, ....and don't be shy about offering your opinion.

Thanks again!

Blacks have soo brain washed and traumatized by the decades of the liberal/progressive agenda.

They don't realize they are basically slaves on a democratic plantation with white liberals as their slave masters. ..... :cool:

Rather than brain washed....I'd compare it to spoiling you child....

That's the theme of Coulter's "Mugged."

Worth reading if you haven't done so.

and your racism still flows.

You only like black people who are "blacks from the correct side of the political divide ".

which constitutes a very very small portion of the blsck people in this country.

You dislike most black people in the country.

That means your a raicst

Forum List

Back