Healthcare Around the World vs the US

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
ctgCIlV.png

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/h...s-the-world-in-health-expenditures.html?_r=1&

The worst of this is that we already pay more than those countries do and get WAY less for our money.

We actually pay for it but we don't get it.

And the damn rw's would keep this god awful mess just the way it is.

I just filled a prescription for Lipitor in Canada for $64, which is half of the cost in the US. Next year, when I turn 65, all prescriptions will cost me $2.

My recent hospital stay for a minor heart attack was fully paid for under my OHIP coverage. I cannot express how much our medical system frees patients to focus on their recovery.

I never have to worry about co-pays or hitting a ceiling on my treatments. The hospitals aren't concerned about how they'll be paid, their only concern is my health.

I just filled a prescription for Lipitor in Canada for $64, which is half of the cost in the US. Next year, when I turn 65, all prescriptions will cost me $2.

My recent hospital stay for a minor heart attack was fully paid for under my OHIP coverage. I cannot express how much our medical system frees patients to focus on their recovery.

I never have to worry about co-pays or hitting a ceiling on my treatments. The hospitals aren't concerned about how they'll be paid, their only concern is my health.

my wife recently had a small part of her Intestine removed ......4 days in the Hospital.....my cost?....50 dollar co-pay.......

Did you just call me a rightwinger? Sigh...it's like my signature isn't even there.

Did you just call me a rightwinger? Sigh...it's like my signature isn't even there.

Its not clueless when you are repeating talking points. Heres a clue, if you don't want to be called a rw'er maybe you shouldn't portray yourself as one

Paying for it via taxes is a lot better than paying it in lump sum and going broke.

God people are so dumb.
This is a huge part of the problem in America...you have simpletons like the OP that can't order food without a picture menu.
Now...compare the taxation rates of these countries to the U.S....yeah...now compare military cost of the two nations...yeah...now compare contributions to the U.N....now compare foreign aid...
And there you go dumbass

i can only give you my view.

Everybody in Germany is beholden to have a health insurance. This is very expensive but nearly everyone is insured. Ordinary workers and employees are automatically insured, when they have a job. We can upgrade our health insurance. Especially for the teeth this is really nescessary. But in case of a serious illness, we can absolutely trust our system.

i can only give you my view.

Everybody in Germany is beholden to have a health insurance. This is very expensive but nearly everyone is insured. Ordinary workers and employees are automatically insured, when they have a job. We can upgrade our health insurance. Especially for the teeth this is really nescessary. But in case of a serious illness, we can absolutely trust our system.
What happens when a person is between jobs in Germany?

Forum List

Back