Hearing Heroine: Why Women Crushed So Hard On Sally Yates

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5911ec4a1e00003a00622095.jpeg

Many of us are starved for strong (and realistic) female role models.

There aren’t a lot of women in power, especially in Washington, and especially not right now. So, when an intelligent, straightforward, strong woman is spotted out in the wild ― i.e., before a nearly all-male Senate subcommittee ― it’s a moment to behold.

On Monday, Sally Yates was that woman and it was her moment. The former acting attorney general was unflappable while speaking for more than three hours before the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism about Russian interference in the election.

She spoke simply, without any of the ingratiating smiles or laughs that women sometimes put on when faced with that many hostile male faces.

Her testimony provided much-needed nourishment for those of us starved for the sight of powerful women on the public stage and thrilled to see one facing down the kind of arrogant mansplainers that are part of our everyday lives.

“Sally Yates handles condescending men so well you’d almost think she’d been doing it her whole life,” author Liane Maeby tweeted, echoing the feelings of a whole lot of women(and men) heartened to see a poised professional woman stand up to so many powerful men.

More: Why Women Crushed So Hard On Sally Yates

Sally Yates was a breath of fresh air - for women and men! She is obviously a great American patriot. Go Sally!

Well, it didn't take you long to troll. Sally Yates has served her country admirably with great distinction and honor. We should all be proud. I sure am.

Name a few accomplishments of hers' after almost 30 years sucking off the GOVT teat?

Smart, strong, and pretty damn hot. Yes, she's out of my class, but a man can dream.

Well, it didn't take you long to troll. Sally Yates has served her country admirably with great distinction and honor. We should all be proud. I sure am.

Name a few accomplishments of hers' after almost 30 years sucking off the GOVT teat?

Have someone read her accomplishments to you.

Sally Yates - Wikipedia

Who is Sally Yates? Republicans Called Her ‘Hero’ Before She Defied Trump’s Order

Sally Yates' Wiki: Who is Sally Yates? Everything You Need to Know about the Former Acting Attorney General

#MondayNightMassacre: Internet scalds Trump for firing ‘god damned American hero’ Sally Yates

"sucking off the GOVT [sic] teat"?

Are you like, not aware that the millions in inheritance handed to Donald T. Rump by his father, was made from scamming the GOVT teat?

OOOPSIE. :eusa_doh:

On to the first part of the question:
>> Yates made a name for herself as a prosecutor in the early 1990s when she shook up [Atlanta] City Hall by indicting a number of high-profile defendants in an airport corruption and bribery scandal. After a lengthy investigation and trial, Yates obtained convictions against a number of city officials, including former City Councilman D.L. "Buddy" Fowlkes and former Aviation Commissioner Ira Jackson.

.... In the U.S. Attorney’s Office here, Yates was promoted in 1994 to oversee fraud and public corruption prosecutions and oversaw a number of notable cases. Among those she successfully prosecuted: former Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell, former Fulton County Commission Chairman Mitch Skandalakis and former state school Superintendent Linda Schrenko.

Later, Yates served as lead prosecutor in the case against Centennial Olympic Park bomber Eric Robert Rudolph. << --- Who is Sally Quillian Yates?

Have someone read her accomplishments to you.

Sally Yates - Wikipedia

Who is Sally Yates? Republicans Called Her ‘Hero’ Before She Defied Trump’s Order

Sally Yates' Wiki: Who is Sally Yates? Everything You Need to Know about the Former Acting Attorney General

#MondayNightMassacre: Internet scalds Trump for firing ‘god damned American hero’ Sally Yates

upload_2017-5-9_13-48-18.png
upload_2017-5-9_13-49-2.png

normally me no bash links but................ugh......me say ?

"sucking off the GOVT [sic] teat"?

Are you like, not aware that the millions in inheritance handed to Donald T. Rump by his father, was made from scamming the GOVT teat?

OOOPSIE. :eusa_doh:

On to the first part of the question:
>> Yates made a name for herself as a prosecutor in the early 1990s when she shook up [Atlanta] City Hall by indicting a number of high-profile defendants in an airport corruption and bribery scandal. After a lengthy investigation and trial, Yates obtained convictions against a number of city officials, including former City Councilman D.L. "Buddy" Fowlkes and former Aviation Commissioner Ira Jackson.

.... In the U.S. Attorney’s Office here, Yates was promoted in 1994 to oversee fraud and public corruption prosecutions and oversaw a number of notable cases. Among those she successfully prosecuted: former Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell, former Fulton County Commission Chairman Mitch Skandalakis and former state school Superintendent Linda Schrenko.

Later, Yates served as lead prosecutor in the case against Centennial Olympic Park bomber Eric Robert Rudolph. << --- Who is Sally Quillian Yates?

me repeat............ugh?

upload_2017-5-9_13-53-8.png
upload_2017-5-9_13-55-4.png

How come not talk about her husband or kids? $2mil net worth? As least she did not start a foundation (yet). Seems like a decent..............Lesbo?

There aren’t a lot of women in power, especially in Washington, and especially not right now. So, when an intelligent, straightforward, strong woman is spotted out in the wild ― i.e., before a nearly all-male Senate subcommittee ― it’s a moment to behold.

On Monday, Sally Yates was that woman and it was her moment. The former acting attorney general was unflappable while speaking for more than three hours before the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism about Russian interference in the election.

She spoke simply, without any of the ingratiating smiles or laughs that women sometimes put on when faced with that many hostile male faces.

Her testimony provided much-needed nourishment for those of us starved for the sight of powerful women on the public stage and thrilled to see one facing down the kind of arrogant mansplainers that are part of our everyday lives.

“Sally Yates handles condescending men so well you’d almost think she’d been doing it her whole life,” author Liane Maeby tweeted, echoing the feelings of a whole lot of women(and men) heartened to see a poised professional woman stand up to so many powerful men.

Sally Yates was a breath of fresh air - for women and men! She is obviously a great American patriot. Go Sally!

She just kicked Ted Cruz's ass and she kicked it badly. And she never even showed a hint of malice when faced with his dripping condescension. She IS the woman!

She just kicked Ted Cruz's ass and she kicked it badly. And she never even showed a hint of malice when faced with his dripping condescension. She IS the woman!

Right or Left, who doesn't enjoy Lying Ted being humiliated ??

Forum List

Back