Heavy, persistent pot use linked to economic and social problems at midlife

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Whaaaaaaaaaaa, me worry ?

A research study that followed children from birth up to age 38 has found that people who smoked cannabis four or more days of the week over many years ended up in a lower social class than their parents, with lower-paying, less skilled and less prestigious jobs than those who were not regular cannabis smokers. These regular and persistent users also experienced more financial, work-related and relationship difficulties, which worsened as the number of years of regular cannabis use progressed. The study, conducted by an international team of researchers led by Magdalena Cerdá at the University of California, Davis, Health System, and Avshalom Caspi and Terrie Moffitt at Duke University, appears ...

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-03-heavy-persistent-pot-linked-economic.html

Observing friends and family tells me that. No study needed. All my nieces and nephews smoke weed, they have a super bright future awaiting them. I tried my best to steer them away from that life but no luck. Young people are always dumber than dirt and always will be.

rather depandsn what kind, how you take it and why you are using.

Medical regular use has very little effect on the person and can in some cases actually repair the brain

About 97,200 results (0.46 seconds)
Search Results
Cannabis Shown to Help Repair and Regrow Damaged ...
www.hightimes.com/.../cannabis-shown-help-repair-and-regr...
High Times
Jun 10, 2008 - While it has been known for more than 100 years that cannabis does no discernible damage to brain cells, only in the past ten years have ...
Active Component Of Cannabis Can Regrow Brain Cells ...
www.collective-evolution.com/.../active-component-of-cannabis-can-reg...
Dec 1, 2014 - But many people are still wondering what's the deal with regular marijuana use? We have been told for years that it kills brain cells and is not ...
New Study: Cannabis May Grow Stem Cells, Repair The ...
www.theweedblog.com/new-study-cannabis-may-grow-stem-cells-repair...
Dec 1, 2013 - Do you know someone that has suffered a brain injury recently? Do they use cannabis to help their recovery?
Cannabis May Grow Stem Cells, Repair the Brain After Injury
thejointblog.com/new-study-cannabis-may-grow-stem-cells-repair-brain-...
Nov 27, 2013 - A new National Institute of Health study has found that cannabis is a neuroprotectant that may lead to the growth of stem cells.
Scientists Discover Another Way Marijuana Helps The Brain ...
www.truthonpot.com › Health › Body & Wellness
Jul 13, 2013 - Like THC, studies show that CBD can also stimulate the growth of brain cells. ... CBD, just like THC, also causes brain cells in the hippocampus to grow. .... after a suspected brain injury actually helps repair damaged neurons.
Marijuana Can Help Grow Neurons and Make a Person ...
guardianlv.com/.../marijuana-can-help-grow-neurons-and-make-a-perso...
Jun 3, 2015 - According to a new study, chemicals in marijuana can repair and stimulate the growth of brain cells and possibly make a person smarter.
How Cannabinoids May Slow Brain Aging | TIME.com
healthland.time.com/.../how-cannabinoids-may-slow-brain-aging/
Time
Oct 29, 2012 - Marijuana isn't exactly known as a cognitive enhancer but a new review ... Since new cell growth slows or stops during aging, increasing BDNF ...

A research study that followed children from birth up to age 38 has found that people who smoked cannabis four or more days of the week over many years ended up in a lower social class than their parents, with lower-paying, less skilled and less prestigious jobs than those who were not regular cannabis smokers. These regular and persistent users also experienced more financial, work-related and relationship difficulties, which worsened as the number of years of regular cannabis use progressed. The study, conducted by an international team of researchers led by Magdalena Cerdá at the University of California, Davis, Health System, and Avshalom Caspi and Terrie Moffitt at Duke University, appears ...

i smoked regularly for at least 30 years and worked for 33 years at the same job,retired,bought a new house and car and have $400,000 in the bank and am in pretty good health for an old fart....and quite a few of the people who smoked right along with me are doing pretty good themselves....it must be those who were heavy drinkers and did some of the harder stuff like speed and coke and smoked cigarettes too.....

i smoked regularly for at least 30 years and worked for 33 years at the same job,retired,bought a new house and car and have $400,000 in the bank and am in pretty good health for an old fart....and quite a few of the people who smoked right along with me are doing pretty good themselves....it must be those who were heavy drinkers and did some of the harder stuff like speed and coke and smoked cigarettes too.....
Some people smoke tobacco for decades and never develop cancer, some drink most of their lives with little or no damage to their bodies, etc. Heck, you can almost always find an octogenarian who still has a cigar and a martini every day. The purpose of a study like this is to look at the impact a substance has on the population as a whole, not just a few individuals. Children who grow up in single parent homes, for example, are at greater risk for many problems later in life than kids with both a mom and dad, but many kids with single parents do well. In this case, as in many cases, an exception doesn't disprove the rule.

Some people smoke tobacco for decades and never develop cancer, some drink most of their lives with little or no damage to their bodies, etc. Heck, you can almost always find an octogenarian who still has a cigar and a martini every day. The purpose of a study like this is to look at the impact a substance has on the population as a whole, not just a few individuals. Children who grow up in single parent homes, for example, are at greater risk for many problems later in life than kids with both a mom and dad, but many kids with single parents do well. In this case, as in many cases, an exception doesn't disprove the rule.
well no shit....but you dont need to tell me that,i know....the one who posted the story,at least going by his other anti-pot stuff he has posted,doesnt believe that,maybe you should be quoting him....

I have smoked for 14 years.
I am 30, my truck and bikes are paid for, my house will be payed off in a few years, y family needs nothing and we eat great and have new clothes on our backs.
It depends on the person, is my point. If a person lets pot run their life, they were probably destined for failure anyways.

Forum List

Back