Hello Texas- Yet another Business Leaves California- Toyota

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
When will the inept entitled libbies wake the you know what up? The poster boy state of liberal policies seeing companies fleeing the state in droves.

Much like white flight, so to will business flee the oppressive taxation and EPA mandates. What a failed economic disaster, much like Obama's US economy.

-Geaux
========================

Toyota to move jobs and marketing headquarters from Torrance to Texas
Toyota's move to suburban Dallas would put management of Toyota's U.S. business close to where it builds most cars for the American market.

By Jerry Hirsch and David Undercoffler
April 27, 2014, 6:40 p.m.

Toyota Motor Corp. plans to move large numbers of jobs from its sales and marketing headquarters in Torrance to suburban Dallas, according to a person familiar with the automaker's plans.
The move, creating a new North American headquarters, would put management of Toyota's U.S. business close to where it builds most cars for this market.

North American Chief Executive Jim Lentz is expected to brief employees Monday, said the person, who was not authorized to speak publicly. Toyota declined to detail its plans. About 5,300 people work at Toyota's Torrance complex. It is unclear how many workers will be asked to move to Texas. The move is expected to take several years.

Toyota has long been a Southern California fixture. Its first U.S. office opened in a closed Rambler dealership in Hollywood in 1957. The site is now a Toyota dealership. In 1958, its first year of sales, Toyota sold just 288 vehicles — 287 Toyopet Crown sedans and one Land Cruiser. Last year, Toyota sold more than 2.2 million vehicles in the U.S.

The automaker won't be the first big company Texas has poached from California.
Occidental Petroleum Corp. said in February that it was relocating from Los Angeles to Houston, making it one of around 60 companies that have moved to Texas since July 2012, according to Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

Perry last month visited California to recruit companies. The group Americans for Economic Freedom also recently launched a $300,000 advertising campaign in which Perry contends 50 California companies have plans to expand or relocate in Texas because it offers a better business climate.

Toyota to move jobs and marketing headquarters from Torrance to Texas - latimes.com

When will the inept entitled libbies wake the you know what up? The poster boy state of liberal policies seeing companies fleeing the state in droves.

Much like white flight, so to will business flee the oppressive taxation and EPA mandates. What a failed economic disaster, much like Obama's US economy.

-Geaux
========================

Toyota's move to suburban Dallas would put management of Toyota's U.S. business close to where it builds most cars for the American market.

Toyota Motor Corp. plans to move large numbers of jobs from its sales and marketing headquarters in Torrance to suburban Dallas, according to a person familiar with the automaker's plans.
The move, creating a new North American headquarters, would put management of Toyota's U.S. business close to where it builds most cars for this market.

North American Chief Executive Jim Lentz is expected to brief employees Monday, said the person, who was not authorized to speak publicly. Toyota declined to detail its plans. About 5,300 people work at Toyota's Torrance complex. It is unclear how many workers will be asked to move to Texas. The move is expected to take several years.

Toyota has long been a Southern California fixture. Its first U.S. office opened in a closed Rambler dealership in Hollywood in 1957. The site is now a Toyota dealership. In 1958, its first year of sales, Toyota sold just 288 vehicles — 287 Toyopet Crown sedans and one Land Cruiser. Last year, Toyota sold more than 2.2 million vehicles in the U.S.

Occidental Petroleum Corp. said in February that it was relocating from Los Angeles to Houston, making it one of around 60 companies that have moved to Texas since July 2012, according to Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

Perry last month visited California to recruit companies. The group Americans for Economic Freedom also recently launched a $300,000 advertising campaign in which Perry contends 50 California companies have plans to expand or relocate in Texas because it offers a better business climate.

Toyota to move jobs and marketing headquarters from Torrance to Texas - latimes.com
Industry no longer needs to flee to third world countries when there's Texas, where the pay is cheap.

-Geaux
========================

Industry no longer needs to flee to third world countries when there's Texas, where the pay is cheap.

uhmmmm, third world country is soon to California..they keep running all the big empoyers out...but hey, Your GUBERMENT can take care of you...you won't job locked and can sit around and write poetry all day

-Geaux
========================

Industry no longer needs to flee to third world countries when there's Texas, where the pay is cheap ...

... and income tax is very low or non-existent and a man is still free.

-Geaux
========================

Industry no longer needs to flee to third world countries when there's Texas, where the pay is cheap ...

... and income tax is very low or non-existent and a man is still free.

Will the libs claim the cesspool known as California? Why aren't the progressive, liberal economics not working?

Duh- Cali likes to bite the hand that feeds them

But hey, at least the Mexicans are 'free'

-Geaux

I stopped going to California 7 years ago. Best trip of me life was my last westbound passage across the Arizona border into Kingman.

Conversely, I'm in Texas damn near every week...great state, beautiful state, friendly state...love Texas.

No surprise Toyota on moving out though, effective January 1, 2014, California has outlawed tractor-trailers over 7 years old.

A specialized car hauler costs around $300,000...that expenditure cannot be recouped in seven years, especially with we recent recession and the ongoing reduced freight of the anemic Obama recovery.

I'd guess that over half of all car-hauling units are over seven years old.

Limiting the pool of available transport by half, on top of the large segment of truckers like myself who refuse to travel to California under any circumstances, it spells big problems for shippers...especially those that require specialized equipment.

Couple that with high taxes and overly burdensome regulation...you'll be seeing a lot more of these moves in rapid succession.

Last edited:
I am aware that Toyota has been in San Antonio for some time now, if I'm not mistaken Toyota builds the Tundra and Tacoma at that plant which is behind what was the old Brooks AFB. It seems based on that experience that Toyota has liked what they have seen and are now moving more to the Texas perhaps?

Toyota moved their manufacturing out of California some time ago. All they had was executive offices. Now those will be moved and the South Bay will lose 5,000 jobs.

That's not all. The Siracha Sauce Company in Irvine is moving to Texas too. They got sued and fined because the smell of the sauce bothered people. They didn't like it and sued the company demanding that it close. There's not much difference from closing and moving. Everyone is still unemployed. The company is firing everyone. About 200. Then moving to Texas with some key personnel. What the libs are really mad about is that they wanted to company to just go out of business and all those rich people will be sufficiently punished for making and selling a product.

Yea its nice to be in a state where you can keep most of the money you earn (except what the feds take) low taxes, plenty of opportunity if you are not a a lazy leech. Everyone I know is employed and making a decent living. A lot of the people I know are making it on one income, mom gets to stay at home if she wants to. Yea Texas sure sucks...:cuckoo:

Toyota moved their manufacturing out of California some time ago. All they had was executive offices. Now those will be moved and the South Bay will lose 5,000 jobs.

That's not all. The Siracha Sauce Company in Irvine is moving to Texas too. They got sued and fined because the smell of the sauce bothered people. They didn't like it and sued the company demanding that it close. There's not much difference from closing and moving. Everyone is still unemployed. The company is firing everyone. About 200. Then moving to Texas with some key personnel. What the libs are really mad about is that they wanted to company to just go out of business and all those rich people will be sufficiently punished for making and selling a product.

its not in Irvine its in Irwindale......a company like that would not be in Irvine....

I opened a small airplane part manufacturing company in the San Fernando Valley 12 years ago. I started out with 2 employees to now having 14 employees.
Due to the rapid growth of my company in the past 2 years Im currently looking to hire 12 more employees by the end of the year.
I need office admins, project managers, technicians, welders, CNC's, data analysts and a programmer.
My employees have wonderful compensation package with full benefits I even contribute to my employees 401k. The office assistant makes more then 42k, senior welder makes 105k and my project manager makes over 120k you get the point...
Tragically, because of the price to do business in CA I'm moving my entire company and all my employees to Texas.
We have already started moving equipment and employees out to the new location outside of Dallas and we are on target to be fully out of California by July 01, 2014.
I just want the whole world to know that I do not want to leave California. I was born and raised here I love it here but I just cannot afford it anymore. When I move to Texas, I can expect 30% more profit within my company..
Thats right everyone! I will make 30% more if I just move my business to Texas thats how bad California, Los Angeles County, City of Los Angeles is when it comes to being business friendly. My company pays 1.6 million dollars a month out in compensation for employees. If you include the 12 additional employees Im going to add by end of year your looking at 4 million a month taking from the CA economy and added to the Texas economy..
Thank You California for your unfriendly business practices.
To top that off, an illegal Marijuana Growing operation wants to take over the warehouse Im moving out of in Sylmar. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back