Help with plumbing issue

Hellokitty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
Installing a bidet thing that goes under a toilet seat for my mom who had back surgery, and it's leaking!!!! Leak is at the attachment thing that the hose from wall goes to the toilet. Small drip at toilet conection. My dad is golfing and there's no way he can get down so I'm hoping i can fix before he gets back. Whenever my husband does pulmbing stuff I seem to remember him using putty or whatever.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The bidet came with some white tape stuff, I didnt use because directions didnt say how to use

That tape is usually called Teflon tape and you wrap it around the threads before you screw them together. It helps seal the fitting so it won't leak.

It sounds like the tape would have kept you from having the leak.

Kit also came with 2 different connectors.
Your connection may require plumbers putty, a gasket or teflon tape.

Are you working with copper or PVC?
It's plastic. The hose that goes from wall to toilet. Bidet has a conector to use a 2nd hose that goes to bidet. Leak is with connector!!! I'm going to try tape stuff. The kit came with 2 different connectors one plastic and one metal I used plastic one since the thing it screws into on toilet is plastic. Should I try the other one?

Installing a bidet thing that goes under a toilet seat for my mom who had back surgery, and it's leaking!!!! Leak is at the attachment thing that the hose from wall goes to the toilet. Small drip at toilet conection. My dad is golfing and there's no way he can get down so I'm hoping i can fix before he gets back. Whenever my husband does pulmbing stuff I seem to remember him using putty or whatever.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The bidet came with some white tape stuff, I didnt use because directions didnt say how to use
Leaking at the T fitting? Wrap the fitting 2 to 3 rounds on the threads and make sure it's tight.

As recommended .. teflon tape ... and ..

you don't have to over-tighten it .. make it snug, when there is some resistance, test and re-snug a 1/4 turn if needed. It doesn't need to be "Schwarteneggar'd" where it is over-tightened.

Yes. Turn the water off first. Use about 5 inches of tape on each male connector threads. Wrap it tightly.
I wrapped tge connector i could tell was leaking and that was all the tape that came in kit. It seems to have worked no drips after turning water back on and flushing toilet. I'll get more tape and do the rest later.

Thank you for your help.

One last question, where you turn the water back on, does that control the water pressure?

As recommended .. teflon tape ... and ..

you don't have to over-tighten it .. make it snug, when there is some resistance, test and re-snug a 1/4 turn if needed. It doesn't need to be "Schwarteneggar'd" where it is over-tightened.
Thank you 🙂

I wrapped tge connector i could tell was leaking and that was all the tape that came in kit. It seems to have worked no drips after turning water back on and flushing toilet. I'll get more tape and do the rest later.

Thank you for your help.

One last question, where you turn the water back on, does that control the water pressure?
You should dry everything the best you can. If you're not sure if it's leaking (even a little) you can wrap some TP around the fittings/hose. That will, prove yes or no.
The water on/off valve should be turned on fully for the most pressure you have at that point.

You are now a plumber!

Can you post a photo of the connections? Some use a plastic tubing that use nuts and ferrules to seal. Some are just threaded and need teflon tape to seal and still others use metal tubing with a ferrules.

You should dry everything the best you can. If you're not sure if it's leaking (even a little) you can wrap some TP around the fittings/hose. That will, prove yes or no.
The water on/off valve should be turned on fully for the most pressure you have at that point.

You are now a plumber!
Lol, does the water need to be turned on fully? The thing on bidet that sprays the water comes out with too much pressure even on the lowest setting.

Can you post a photo of the connections? Some use a plastic tubing that use nuts and ferrules to seal. Some are just threaded and need teflon tape to seal and still others use metal tubing with a ferrules.
Amazon product ASIN B00A0RHSJO
I used the plastic 3 way connector thing since the connector on toilet was plastic. It came with one that wasn't plastic also, but wasn't sure if I could use that one.

Lol, does the water need to be turned on fully? The thing on bidet that sprays the water comes out with too much pressure even on the lowest setting.
The less the valve is opened will affect how long it takes to refill the tank. If it doesn't affect the toilet from flushing properly, you can turn the valve to where it suits you. The only other thing would be to insert a restrictor in the hose. A restrictor could be a piece of metal, rubber, or plastic that would reduce the flow.

Amazon product ASIN B00A0RHSJO
I used the plastic 3 way connector thing since the connector on toilet was plastic. It came with one that wasn't plastic also, but wasn't sure if I could use that one.
If you installed it as the video in your link showed, it should be straight forward. Did you tighten your connections with a wrench or just by hand. If you only made them hand tight--there is your problem. I see no need for teflon tape as it uses a washer/ferrule type of fitting. As for the constant running problem, it sounds like the valve beside the seat may have a problem. Good luck.

The less the valve is opened will affect how long it takes to refill the tank. If it doesn't affect the toilet from flushing properly, you can turn the valve to where it suits you. The only other thing would be to insert a restrictor in the hose. A restrictor could be a piece of metal, rubber, or plastic that would reduce the flow.
Would the restrictor go in the hose going to bidet? I'm going to try adjusting the valve 1st, but they have strong water pressure.

Would the restrictor go in the hose going to bidet? I'm going to try adjusting the valve 1st, but they have strong water pressure.
Yes, inside of the hose or the fitting. Also a "T" valve with regulator can be installed inline. I installed one on my neighbors bidet.

Your home water regulator may be the issue, also. Do you have high pressure in the basin, shower and throughout the house? If so, the regulator should be adjusted.

Yes, inside of the hose or the fitting. Also a "T" valve with regulator can be installed inline. I installed one on my neighbors bidet.

Your home water regulator may be the issue, also. Do you have high pressure in the basin, shower and throughout the house? If so, the regulator should be adjusted.
It's my parents house, and it seems like they have high pressure. I just tried it and closing the valve helped. I'll ses if it's good for my mom and then ask my dad about pressue thing if needed.
I'm just glad its not leaking. I wrapped with TP and so far its dry.

Forum List

Back