Henry H001Y (Youth) .22 Lever Action

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked up this 2000 Henry H001Y (Youth) lever action today for $225.00.

It holds 12 LR or 16 Shorts.

The receiver is grooved for a scope.

h 001 (2).JPG

The hardwood stock set and receiver cover has a lot of dings and scratches but that is fine for youth rifle I plan on giving my G-Grandson to learn on.....It feeds/ejects/shoots just fine.

It differs from a regular H001 in that the youth buttstock is shorter and the barrel is 16.25" where a regular H001 is 18.50", and it holds a few rounds less.

I decided that I would get a adult walnut stock set for it (so the boy could grow into it), a new receiver cover, and a set of metal front sight/band/sight hood.

I called Henry and they hooked me up with a new receiver cover and the sight set for free. I only had to pay for the walnut stock set which was $85.00 shipped.

I had explained that it was a used rifle I got at a pawn shop. Talk about top-notch service!

They still make it if you are interested in a nice lever action .22 rifle for a youth (Yute ;) ) in your life:

View attachment 991560

The hardwood stock set and receiver cover has a lot of dings and scratches but that is fine for youth rifle I plan on giving my G-Grandson to learn on.....It feeds/ejects/shoots just fine.

It differs from a regular H001 in that the youth buttstock is shorter and the barrel is 16.25" where a regular H001 is 18.50", and it holds a few rounds less.

I decided that I would get a adult walnut stock set for it (so the boy could grow into it), a new receiver cover, and a set of metal front sight/band/sight hood.

I called Henry and they hooked me up with a new receiver cover and the sight set for free. I only had to pay for the walnut stock set which was $85.00 shipped.

I had explained that it was a used rifle I got at a pawn shop. Talk about top-notch service!

They still make it if you are interested in a nice lever action .22 rifle for a youth (Yute ;) ) in your life:

ah. a .22. were the old henry buffalo guns 50 cal?

View attachment 991560

I have an identical one in the cabinet.

I have an identical one in the cabinet.
I've had a couple H001s (full sized). I still have a Warren, Co. Virginia commemorative that's new in the box when my county's historical society commissioned 150 of them.

LOL.....I pre-paid for it before they got them in, traded it off to a local shop for a Colt Lighting pump action in .32-20, then bought it back when the shop went under.

View attachment 991560

Dude, you must have a HUGE gun safe. All's I'm sayin'. There's been a few you've posted I want. Do you sell some?

I've had a couple H001s (full sized). I still have a Warren, Co. Virginia commemorative that's new in the box when my county's historical society commissioned 150 of them.

LOL.....I pre-paid for it before they got them in, traded it off to a local shop for a Colt Lighting pump action in .32-20, then bought it back when the shop went under.
I'm currently shopping for short barreled shotguns, any suggestions? Mossberg 590 "shockwave" is what I'm thinking.

I'm currently shopping for short barreled shotguns, any suggestions? Mossberg 590 "shockwave" is what I'm thinking.
Yeah, but you will need to Form 1 it and pay a $200.00 tax to put a regular stock on it.

Like I did my Shockwave:

Of course you can get 18" HD shotguns.....The best "bang for your buck" as far as a new HD shotgun out there is a Mossberg Maverick 88 "Security"....A good solid HD weapon.....I prefer the safety location over the 500/590, it gives you a lot more options as far as pistol gripped stocks.

There are also LEO trade-ins (mostly Rem. Police Magnums in various configurations) that show up from time to time as PDs get shed of them. Just search LEO trade-in shotguns. They usually go quick.

Yeah, but you will need to Form 1 it and pay a $200.00 tax to put a regular stock on it.

Like I did my Shockwave:

Of course you can get 18" HD shotguns.....The best "bang for your buck" as far as a new HD shotgun out there is a Mossberg Maverick 88 "Security"....A good solid HD weapon.....I prefer the safety location over the 500/590, it gives you a lot more options as far as pistol gripped stocks.

There are also LEO trade-ins (mostly Rem. Police Magnums in various configurations) that show up from time to time as PDs get shed of them. Just search LEO trade-in shotguns. They usually go quick.
I'm looking at 18 inch barrels so no need for extra forms, and the pistol grip is legal in Kansas.

I haven't actually fire one yet, is the safety in an inconvenient place?

Forum List

Back