Old TV Westerns on youtube.

Chuck Connors and the Rifleman as well as Branded where I believe in the opening credits his sergeant's insignia is ripped off. Seinfeld parodied it.

There used to be so may Westerns on television, you barely see them anymore, with the exception of Yellowstone, a modern version.

I watched Bonanza a few times as a kid but have not seen any of the other ones. I don't have MeTV so can't find them there.
Youtube is rife with them.

Ive been watching a few of these lately. They are kind of comforting.
Ive been watching -
Rawhide
Lawman
Wagon Train
Bonanza
Restless Gun
Wells Fargo
Cheyenns
Amongst others.

I have to say that Wagon Train is head and shoulders above the rest.The storylines are better and the dialogue is snappier.
The others are worth a watch as well.. I think Bonanza was a bit overrated. but I wouldnt argue if you think differently.

I cant seem to find some of the real gems.
High Chapperal
Alias Smith and Jones
Branded - What can you do when youre Branded and you know youre a man
Yes it was one of the better written and acted series ever to hit the screen I have to agree.

Having said that I'm thoroughly enjoying my Britbox subscription through prime. I'm finding that most of the British TV shows are far and away higher quality than the trash Hollywood produces here.

Yes it was one of the better written and acted series ever to hit the screen I have to agree.

Having said that I'm thoroughly enjoying my Britbox subscription through prime. I'm finding that most of the British TV shows are far and away higher quality than the trash Hollywood produces here.
British folk generally think American Tv is better. Its better funded for sure.

British folk generally think American Tv is better. Its better funded for sure.
I have observed what I consider to be a vast chasm in the acting talent category. Either British actors are more motivated or they're just better at what they do IMO. Particularly the character acting.... Being able to absorb the role and become the role. It has to be a general difference of training.

I have observed what I consider to be a vast chasm in the acting talent category. Either British actors are more motivated or they're just better at what they do IMO. Particularly the character acting.... Being able to absorb the role and become the role. It has to be a general difference of training.
America is always seen as more glamorous and interesting because it generally is. When it was freezing in the UK we could tune in to Rockford Files and watch the drama in the sun.
Same with these westerns. US shows have huge budgets/ cow herds hundreds of extras and big bangs.
A lot of UK drama is mddfle class stuff of no interest to me. Aga sagas they are called. Or they feature middle class actors faking working class voices. Its a bit unreal.
The cop shows are mainly based aroubd the suspect being abused as a child. Its a bit of a cliche now.
BBC used to run Play for Today which had some stinkers but did have some genuinely interesting stuff.
American stuff can be just as cliched.
I thiink the likes of netflix made a bif difference.

Forum List

Back