Here's the chart that dems wish they could unsee

It is when the GOP was in power that debt started to grow without reason.

“Reagan taught us that deficits don’t matter.” - Dick Cheney

The dems controlled congress during the Reagan years. Congress is the one that write the budgets.

Did Reagan go along unwillingly?

Back in 1981 David Stockman was the wonderkid of the Reagan administration–the director of the Office of Management and Budget who’d craft in actual budgets the trickle-down miracle Reagan had promised on the campaign trail: lower budgets, lower spending, higher tax revenue. But trickle-down economics was a wish, not a reality. It’s never worked. Lower taxes don’t generate more revenue. They generate deficits.

Reagan knew it. So did Stockman. So did their guru, Friederich von Hayek. The deficits were intentional all along. They were edsigned to “starve the beast,” meaning intentionally cut revenue as a way of pressuring Congress to cut the New Deal programs Reagan wanted to demolish. “The plan,” Stockman told Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan at the time, ” was to have a strategic deficit that would give you an argument for cutting back the programs that weren’t desired. It got out of hand.”

David Stockman: How Nixon, Reagan, the Bushes and their GOP Demolished the Economy - David Stockman on Deficit Spending | FlaglerLive - Your News Service for Flagler County News Palm Coast News Bunnell Flagler Beach Beverly Beach and Marineland

what is it with you libs? you try to defend obama's failed policies by saying Reagan did the same thing, or Bush started it.

So what? Its the wrong way to manage the country's finances. Obama has taken the worst policies of previous presidents and multiplied them many times over.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that obama has screwed things up in the last 4 years?

Are you so mesmerized by the glow from his face that you are powerless to say anything negative about him?

or is it that defective liberal gene that blocks logic from being processed in your brain?

You unable or unwilling to link to somebody saying "society can spend itself into prosperity"

don't be such as asshole. we both know that is the liberal idea and we both know that is what obama is doing today. You apparently think its the right thing to do, I do not.

But I also do not choose to debate with people who refuse to acknowledge any reality that disagrees with their ideology.

So you are both unable and unwilling to link to somebody saying "society can spend itself into prosperity"

I could find you a Keynes quote, but you aren't worth the effort. you are a disengenuous poster---possibly the first on my ignore list.

Look at all those years of relative peace and prosperity when it was either Democrats in control or there was divided gov't.

Okay, NOW look what happened in the years after Republicans controlled the Presidency, the Senate, AND the House of Representatives.

Any flashes of insight yet?

spoken like a true marxist. ignore reality and spout rhetoric. how about this one:

"from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" Where has that ever worked?

You're the one who's not living in reality. Once Republicans were in total control, our gov't ended up attacking a country which had nothing to do with 9-11 and gave massive tax cuts to the wealthy while not paying for the war (remember those supplementals?) and also increasing the spending for everything that helped net campaign contributions to the Reps.

Let me see if I can say this slowly. Deficit spending is wrong no matter which party does it.

Democrats have controlled congress most of the last 50 years.

The Iraq and Afghanistan wars were stupid. they will accomplish what viet nam accomplished----------nothing but dead americans and wasted money.

Last edited:
Dante's crazy. Just remind him..it isn't up to you to prove a negative. If he has evidence of a country that has spent itself into prosperity, he needs to provide it.

The dems controlled congress during the Reagan years. Congress is the one that write the budgets.

Did Reagan go along unwillingly?

Back in 1981 David Stockman was the wonderkid of the Reagan administration–the director of the Office of Management and Budget who’d craft in actual budgets the trickle-down miracle Reagan had promised on the campaign trail: lower budgets, lower spending, higher tax revenue. But trickle-down economics was a wish, not a reality. It’s never worked. Lower taxes don’t generate more revenue. They generate deficits.

Reagan knew it. So did Stockman. So did their guru, Friederich von Hayek. The deficits were intentional all along. They were edsigned to “starve the beast,” meaning intentionally cut revenue as a way of pressuring Congress to cut the New Deal programs Reagan wanted to demolish. “The plan,” Stockman told Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan at the time, ” was to have a strategic deficit that would give you an argument for cutting back the programs that weren’t desired. It got out of hand.”

David Stockman: How Nixon, Reagan, the Bushes and their GOP Demolished the Economy - David Stockman on Deficit Spending | FlaglerLive - Your News Service for Flagler County News Palm Coast News Bunnell Flagler Beach Beverly Beach and Marineland

what is it with you libs? you try to defend obama's failed policies by saying Reagan did the same thing, or Bush started it.

So what? Its the wrong way to manage the country's finances. Obama has taken the worst policies of previous presidents and multiplied them many times over.

Why is it so hard for you to admit that obama has screwed things up in the last 4 years?

Are you so mesmerized by the glow from his face that you are powerless to say anything negative about him?

or is it that defective liberal gene that blocks logic from being processed in your brain?

Did you just get lost and switch from deficits to policies? Do you this as a matter of habit? Dante has historically been no huge fan of the President and his policies. His major policies I agree with. He's achieved some big things. The right wing keeps highlighting it. :rofl:

spoken like a true marxist. ignore reality and spout rhetoric. how about this one:

"from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" Where has that ever worked?

You're the one who's not living in reality. Once Republicans were in total control, our gov't ended up attacking a country which had nothing to do with 9-11 and gave massive tax cuts to the wealthy while not paying for the war (remember those supplementals?) and also increasing the spending for everything that helped net campaign contributions to the Reps.

Let me see if I can say this slowly. Deficit spending is wrong no matter which party does it.

Democrats have controlled congress most of the last 50 years.

The Iraq and Afghanistan wars were stupid. they will accomplish what viet nam accomplished----------nothing but dead americans and wasted money.
why stop at 50 years?

America did wonderfully after 1945. Isn't that where you started out? Now you switch again? Like last post I ask, is this by matter of habit this thing you do?

Forum List

Back